NYS hires law firm to help keep Bills in Buffalo

Teachers already get too much and my wife's a teacher.

Actually it varies, some teachers get more than they deserve, but others contribute far more to some individual students and/or society as a whole.

While this statement may seem obvious to most, its actual important in that its obviousness means that your generalization is obviously incorrect as a basis for crafting a solution.

While this statement may seem obvious to most, its actual important in that its obviousness means that your generalization is obviously incorrect as a basis for crafting a solution.

Doug Marrone called. He says he obviously likes your take.

So having the NFL(!!!) here will not be a draw to any employer considering the decision to stay in or expand to WNY.

Things such as corporate tax credits/incentives are of far, far greater importance to an employer than the location of the nearest National Football League team.

Actually it varies, some teachers get more than they deserve, but others contribute far more to some individual students and/or society as a whole.

While this statement may seem obvious to most, its (it's) actual (actually) important in that its (it) obviousness (obviously) means that your (you're) ( two spaces) generalization is obviously incorrect as a basis for crafting a solution. (generally not a good idea to use the root word obvious twice in the same sentence.)

You may need a teacher to help you with your sentence structure and punctuation. I've helped you in the parenthesis above.

Edited by Triple Threat

Way for the Gov in NY to keep wasting Taxpayers money. Can't that money instead go to say teachers, or somewhere its really needed?

It does seem like an almost criminal waste of money in a state that is already overburdened with taxes.

If the lease and contract are iron clad. Then why this?

Because there is no such thing as an iron clad lease.

So having the NFL(!!!) here will not be a draw to any employer considering the decision to stay in or expand to WNY.

No. Not even a little.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If the lease and contract are iron clad. Then why this?

I'm guessing this is why:

The law office will have 90 days to put together a proposal to present to future owners with options for new stadium locations in the region.

It looks like they are trying to build in stadium options in the purchase of the team which seems like it would be illegal but maybe they are just "suggestions".

Edited by The Wiz

I would imagine any local owner will be given preferential treatment as far as cheap land and tax breaks, if not significant funding when a new stadium is needed. I would bet that if Jacobs or another local interest buys the Bills, they will agree to stay at the Ralph for 10 years (they have to), but somewhere toward the end, the favors will be called in. Hopefully, it is not a situation where there is bad blood because a stadium is promised and never materializes and the team is moved.

My ass. My wife has been teaching 20 years with a masters and gets paid ****. Teachers aren't nearly paid enough

Why doesn't she quit? Then someone else who wants her job can have it and she can find other work that compensates her properly. Who would work somewhere unhappily for 20 years?

Mine doesn't make a ton either especially in North Carolina a non unionized state. But she gets paid well for working 8.5 months per year. Summers off is an incredible advantage, huge amounts of time at each and every Holiday, she can retire at 54 (30 years) and gets 80% of her pay for the rest of her life.

Edited by Triple Threat