Jameis Winston cited for stealing crab legs

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mitch McGary's college basketball career is over because he experimented with a joint in private, yet Jameis Winston remains the front runner for the Heisman after attempting to steal crab legs. Both these kids are stupid for what they did, yet their treatment from the NCAA couldn't be more disparate. The NCAA is such a screwed up institution. As much as I hate the idea of changing things (e.g., Northwestern union vote), the current situation is getting pretty intolerable as well.

So Mitch McGary's college basketball career is over because he experimented with a joint in private, yet Jameis Winston remains the front runner for the Heisman after attempting to steal crab legs. Both these kids are stupid for what they did, yet their treatment from the NCAA couldn't be more disparate. The NCAA is such a screwed up institution. As much as I hate the idea of changing things (e.g., Northwestern union vote), the current situation is getting pretty intolerable as well.

The bolded statement is false. His college career is over because he made that decision. He could have accepted his suspension and played after he served the time. He opted not to.

I assume the punishments vary because drug related suspensions have a set penalty. I would assume the code of conduct each athlete needs to adhere to would be the same and that each specifically prohibits drug use. I doubt there is any rule devoted to stealing crab legs and so the penalty would be up for debate. If there was a rule against it, it would be in the "Don't Be a F#@$ing Idiot" section of the code of conduct.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon 1m

“If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones” - Jamies Winston http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/11/jameis-winston-johnny-manziel-disease-florida-state/ …

But hey, Manziel.......signed little helmets.

Winston won't make it to draft day 2015 at this rate. What a tool.

The bolded statement is false. His college career is over because he made that decision. He could have accepted his suspension and played after he served the time. He opted not to.

I assume the punishments vary because drug related suspensions have a set penalty. I would assume the code of conduct each athlete needs to adhere to would be the same and that each specifically prohibits drug use. I doubt there is any rule devoted to stealing crab legs and so the penalty would be up for debate. If there was a rule against it, it would be in the "Don't Be a F#@$ing Idiot" section of the code of conduct.

There was no decision to make. Accepting the suspension would have led to two consecutive seasons of no competition (other than a few games to start the 2013/14 season). He could have gone pro last year and in hindsight he should have. If Winston was suspended a year for his idiotic behavior, he would be declaring for the draft as well.