Would you trade two 1st round picks for Tony Romo?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Romo were a free agent I wouldn't bring him into camp to kick the tires.

Honestly it only seems that Romo is paid what he is paid because Jerrah thinks that the Cowboys QB should be one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

If they cut Romo in 2011 I don't think there would be many teams lining up to sign him and zero willing to pay him what the Cowboys paid him.

Romo is a product of Jerrah's imagination.

If Romo were a free agent I wouldn't bring him into camp to kick the tires.

Honestly it only seems that Romo is paid what he is paid because Jerrah thinks that the Cowboys QB should be one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

If they cut Romo in 2011 I don't think there would be many teams lining up to sign him and zero willing to pay him what the Cowboys paid him.

Romo is a product of Jerrah's imagination.

Really? I think 2 #1s is ridiculous but if he was available for a lower round pick or a FA I'd bring him in. He is the same age as Josh McCown who just got a decent deal. I like Romo as a player but he is overly scrutinized being in Dallas.

Assuming the Cowboys have any real interest in Manziel I think a better questions is if Manziel is on the board at #9 would you trade out of the 9th spot with Dallas for their 1st at 16 and maybe a 2 and a 4 picks this year? As for Romo I would pass on that. We've already had our share of late game meltdowns and we don't need to add any more to the list.

Really? I think 2 #1s is ridiculous but if he was available for a lower round pick or a FA I'd bring him in. He is the same age as Josh McCown who just got a decent deal. I like Romo as a player but he is overly scrutinized being in Dallas.

Romo has proven without a doubt that 1.) he is not a clutch QB. 2.) He can not win a championship.

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind about this.

Romo is the problem on the Cowboys. He has great weapons and a great line. You put EJ on that team and they go further in the playoffs.

Seriously the jury has come back a few years ago. The Judge has read the decision. The Courtroom has cleared out but Jerrah is still waiting to hear what he wants to hear.

The Romo experiment was a failure and the GM of the Dallas Cowboys should have moved on years ago.

He is not a reclamation project of any value.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I was listening to Sirius yesterday and I can't remember who was on the show but they were saying that the Cowboys are infatuated with Manziel and think he is a younger version of Romo but with more fire and competitiveness. They really want the kid for a variety of reasons but unsure as to whether and how long he would sit behind Romo. They added that Romo's contract, even restructured, is precluding the Cowboys from adding players they need to get to the playoffs as they are in cap hell- bringing up questions about Romo being possible trade bait.

If the Cowboys put Romo on the block for the Bills to trade this year's #1 (so they can take Manziel) and next year's #1, would you as a Bills fan take that?

The cowboys could not get a third round pick for Romo, with his contract. Edited by mannc

I was listening to Sirius yesterday and I can't remember who was on the show but they were saying that the Cowboys are infatuated with Manziel and think he is a younger version of Romo but with more fire and competitiveness. They really want the kid for a variety of reasons but unsure as to whether and how long he would sit behind Romo. They added that Romo's contract, even restructured, is precluding the Cowboys from adding players they need to get to the playoffs as they are in cap hell- bringing up questions about Romo being possible trade bait.

If the Cowboys put Romo on the block for the Bills to trade this year's #1 (so they can take Manziel) and next year's #1, would you as a Bills fan take that?

Seriously??? The dude is coming off major back surgery and is on the downside of his career. Two firsts?? Are you smoking crack?? And then we inherit his ridiculous contract too??

Stick to playing Madden, bro...maybe those deals work out there

Seriously??? The dude is coming off major back surgery and is on the downside of his career. Two firsts?? Are you smoking crack?? And then we inherit his ridiculous contract too??

Stick to playing Madden, bro...maybe those deals work out there

Haha, I have never played Madden. Just something they were discussing on the radio.

34 y/o QB with back problems and a huge contract.

Let me see... If they gave us 2 first rounders (this year and next year's) and a 2nd (this year's) and Romo (who must restructure his contract to be a backup) I would give them the 9th pick in this year's draft I'd consider it.

But to give up 2 first round picks for him? No way.

Romo is 34 years old and coming off back surgery...The minute he loses his mobility his career is done...That day is near...If the Cowboys wanted to come up to #9 and trade Romo, with that massive contract, they would still have to GIVE me something...Like their 3rd this year, or their 2nd next...To be honest I have zero interest in Romo...Good grief...are we not jinxed enough? :lol: