A New Sheriff in Town ......

Owen

I am talking about D.W. He is a take charge guy and I feel he will make a big splash to get the players the Bills need. I see them trading with the Browns in the first round. Bills want WR Watkins. They will need to give up their 1st round pick along with their 2nd round pick. I believe the Browns will make the trade.

Browns need a QB early. Picking up a additional early 2nd round pick will make it easier to make the trade.

I would expect D. W. to not stop there. He still needs a good OT. I can see more deals in the later rounds.

It would be a win/win deal for both teams... Getting WR Watkins would add weapons to our offense...

The kind that win championships. OT Robinson, would also look good in a Bills uniform .......

Both are Offensive Weapons .........

He's been the Asst. GM for four seasons prior to now and supposedly brought on for his personnel prowess next to a braindead and numbskull GM that everyone from the media on down was applauding just a few years ago when he came on.

Where's been this big splash so far? What, Mario a few seasons ago for stupid money?

This offseason in free agency's been a wash at best.

It's good to hope, but as usual, many fans are overrating Whaley and downplaying his supposed role for four prior seasons here for reasons of polemical expedience.

We'll see what the draft holds, but last year's draft was one of the best in years simply for Alonso and Woods, and in theory at least, Nix was in charge. But if we want to give Whaley credit, then he should also get "credit" for the three prior drafts too.

I'll believe that Whaley's as good as many seem to think when he puts us in the playoffs. I don't see that on the radar now though. I've love to see it, but I just don't right now. The drafting of Manuel will in hindsight be the move that sent Marrone to the showers and the team's continued insistence on sticking with him will see to that.

We probably could trade our #9 pick for somebody else's 1st and 2nd or 3d. Is this WR that much better than Woods that he is worth two starters? Is he worth an upgrade at TE and an upgrade at LEFT offensive tackle? No.

ding ding ding.

He's been the Asst. GM for four seasons prior to now and supposedly brought on for his personnel prowess next to a braindead and numbskull GM that everyone from the media on down was applauding just a few years ago when he came on.

Where's been this big splash so far? What, Mario a few seasons ago for stupid money?

It's good to hope, but as usual, many fans are overrating Whaley and downplaying his supposed role for four prior seasons here for reasons of polemical expedience.

We'll see what the draft holds, but last year's draft was one of the best in years simply for Alonso and Woods, and in theory at least, Nix was in charge. But if we want to give Whaley credit, then he should also get "credit" for the three prior drafts too.

I'll believe that Whaley's as good as many seem to think when he puts us in the playoffs. I don't see that on the radar now though. I've love to see it, but I just don't right now. The drafting of Manuel will in hindsight be the move that sent Marrone to the showers and the team's continued insistence on sticking with him will see to that.

It is unfortunate that tap talk shows you posts from posters that are on your ignore list.

We probably could trade our #9 pick for somebody else's 1st and 2nd or 3d. Is this WR that much better than Woods that he is worth two starters? Is he worth an upgrade at TE and an upgrade at LEFT offensive tackle? No.

A very good point but I think the left tackle position is just fine. Cordy Glenn is developing nicley over there. I think if Buffalo wants to draft a tackle it will be a right tackle.

That being said, yes Watkins is that good. IMO, the kid reaches AJ Green type status. Might not possess certain strengths that Green does but he excells where Green doesn't. You get the ball in Watkins hands and the kid is the most phyiscal WR I have seen in a long time. His speed and agility alone are enticing but like I said you add his power and tackle breaking ability...

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to give up picks. I fore one would rather more than less in this class. But Watkins is indeed that good.

Good post!

It is unfortunate that tap talk shows you posts from posters that are on your ignore list.

Not a clue what this means.

I don't think we are good enough to trade up. Trading up infers you're a player away. I'd rather have Whaley hit on his picks. We need at least three starters from this draft. Let's hope DW delivers. For the guy blasting DW, did you not see him have a hand in Gillmore and Glenn two drafts ago?

Anyone can blast any GM for missing on seem drafts as no team has had perfect drafts.

My feeling is we will make a trade with the Browns, however I think it will be more along the lines of trading back. I see browns taking Watkins at 4 and then trade up to get their QB at 9.

Please upgrade the line! and get more picks!

We have some pretty good WR that will be improved over last year.

I could see a potential trade involving Hughes, obviously there is a connection with the head coach...1st, 3rd and Hughes for 4.

That would not be a good trade for Cleveland, IMO, as Hughes is a FA at the end of the year. I also don't see the Bills trading an effective pass rusher like Hughes to move up a few spots in the draft. Rather, I think we will hear that he is signed to an extension sometime after the draft.

I could see a potential trade involving Hughes, obviously there is a connection with the head coach...1st, 3rd and Hughes for 4.

I don't like that trade at all....to give up Hughes we need something way more than just moving up 5 spots? Plus a 3rd... NO!

I might trade our 2nd/3rd and Hughes for another pick later in the 1st round... Evans at #9 and then either Mosley/Barr/Ebron/Lewan later in the 1st if one of them starts dropping?

Edited by cage

There is nothing wrong with guarded optimism..... Would you want it any other way? of course not. I feel we do have good leadership in this draft. and I do feel there is a strong possibility there will be a trade up with the Bills and Cleveland... Which does not involve players on the Bills Roster.. The trade would make our offense a lot stronger and if Mack is there... WOW...Our Defense would be one of the best.

This is the time of the year to be optimistic. NOT negative.......

It really is

I wouldn't want to give up Hughes for Watkins; that's depleting an already depleted linebacking corp.

I give more credence to Schefter than Prisco, though this could still be smoke--- in any case, still unlikely:

@Merk256: Adam Schefter on the Mike Lupica show #ESPNRadio: The #Buffalo #Bills would Love to go to #1 for J.Clowney

Woods couldn't carry Watkins' jock. And if it boiled down to drafting an Ebron in rd.1 and a Morgan Moses in rd.2- or having Watkins instead- I'd take Watkins every day of the week. And why on God's Green Earth do we need to "upgrade" LT???? Hell, Glenn is already probowl caliber--- what is wrong with Bills fans!!!??????! They always think that other teams' players are better than their own. And they always want to unload their best players..."let's trade Spiller"..."let's trade Stevie for a 6th rounder"..."we need to upgrade left tackle- Glenn can move to guard". Just asinine!

Agreed... If anything trade back a few spots... It worked out well last year and I'm all for it again this year...

"A new sheriff in town" I recall a similar, if not the exact, thread title when Nix and Gailey took over.

Nothing wrong with some guarded optimism, but a little early to be declaring greatness.

Anybody who was excited about Cletus and his sidekick Billy Jo Bob was seriously disillusioned.

Woods couldn't carry Watkins' jock. And if it boiled down to drafting an Ebron in rd.1 and a Morgan Moses in rd.2- or having Watkins instead- I'd take Watkins every day of the week. And why on God's Green Earth do we need to "upgrade" LT???? Hell, Glenn is already probowl caliber--- what is wrong with Bills fans!!!??????! They always think that other teams' players are better than their own. And they always want to unload their best players..."let's trade Spiller"..."let's trade Stevie for a 6th rounder"..."we need to upgrade left tackle- Glenn can move to guard". Just asinine!

Yep.