A New Sheriff in Town ......

Owen

I give more credence to Schefter than Prisco, though this could still be smoke--- in any case, still unlikely:

@Merk256: Adam Schefter on the Mike Lupica show #ESPNRadio: The #Buffalo #Bills would Love to go to #1 for J.Clowney

Well...I think the Bills would love to get Clowney...No doubt about it...That puts them in agreement with probably about 30 other NFL teams (I'm guessing there is at least one team that does not want him... :lol:)...I don't think whatsoever that they would love what it would take to go up and get him though...There is a huge difference in the two things, and it is considerable...Something that has been pretty much ignored by the "ga-ga for a trade up" bunch...Even though Whaley was crystal clear about it...It's going to be a King's ransom...then some... :thumbdown:

This situation has to be looked at logically and that's why at the end of the day it's a super long-shot...The one way I can see it happening is if the Texans really only want a QB with their 1st pick and internally are 100% in agreement that they would be happy with Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater, or Carr at #9...Remember the Texans don't want a WR...So that takes Watkins and Evans out of the mix for them in a trade down...Then...what happens in their doomsday scenario if 3 QB's, Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, and Lewan go top 8? Suddenly the Texans are left with the 4th QB or...who? Barr? One of the WR's that they don't want? This is why I think #9 is just too far for the Texans to chance a trade down...Granted it's a worst case scenario and very unlikely...But stranger things have happened and you have to plan for all potential possibilities...And they could potentially eliminate themselves from the QB they like or any of the elite prospects in this Draft by trading down 8 spots...It's just seemingly too far for the Texans to drop... B-)

Agreed... If anything trade back a few spots... It worked out well last year and I'm all for it again this year...

I think if you hooked Whaley up to a lie-detector his best-case scenario would be to trade down, get an extra 2nd, and still end up with Ebron in the 1st...I really think that's who the Bills want...But I think like last year with Manual they're very unsure about taking him in the top 10... And I should say that's who the Bills want assuming Evans is already gone...I think they want Evans most of all... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I think if you hooked Whaley up to a lie-detector his best-case scenario would be to trade down, get an extra 2nd, and still end up with Ebron in the 1st...I really think that's who the Bills want...But I think like last year with Manual they're very unsure about taking him in the top 10... And I should say that's who the Bills want assuming Evans is already gone...I think they want Evans most of all... B-)

No kidding,... but that depends entirely on QBs. If teams in front of the Bills aren't taking the QBs in the top 10 then other players are being selected that mess up our draft board. He said it in the press conference... he would "LOVE it if 4 QBs were selected before #9". That gives them every flexibility to have someone great fall to them (Watkins, Mack) or move back for any of 4-6 guys (Evans, Ebron, Mosley, Barr, Lewan, Martin)

If QBs aren't coming off and their guys are getting picked, the may have to stay where they are to ensure they get someone on their short list

Edited by cage

I'm starting to like the idea of trading up for Clowney as long as it's not more than 2 2nd rounders and a swap for our 9th pick. I think Houston would take that deal.

They can get their QB at #9, and have two 2nd rounders that often produce as starters. Houston needs a lot of help. Even more than us.

We'll see.

I'm starting to like the idea of trading up for Clowney as long as it's not more than 2 2nd rounders and a swap for our 9th pick. I think Houston would take that deal.

They can get their QB at #9, and have two 2nd rounders that often produce as starters. Houston needs a lot of help. Even more than us.

We'll see.

It all depends on what else they are being offered by all teams to trade down, how much they prefer a QB in the 1st, and how willing they are to gamble that they will get their choice of the QB they want... B-)

It all depends on what else they are being offered by all teams to trade down, how much they prefer a QB in the 1st, and how willing they are to gamble that they will get their choice of the QB they want... B-)

If the Bills do want to trade up to 1, I have a feeling there won't be much competition for it. The price is too high for most teams and that may include the Bills as well. They say it is a deep draft this year. Therefore, I would like the Bills to try to trade down in the mid teens of first round and take BPA. Then address, in no particular order, WR, TE, OT, and LB.

I just cant imagine trading directly to One from Nine this year. I could see some wheeling and dealing to get Evans or Matthews at 7 or eight though.

Also , i do have a lot of confidence in Whaley and Monos and the FO in general.

Very much looking forward to the draft , and nervous too.