Donald Sterling - LA Clippers owner

Sterling is a heroic victim! Fight on Don!

Sad.

Your last three posts have been so dishonest.............your smarter than that.

Its not a defense of what he said, but you continue to falsely (try) and spin it that way.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad.

Your last three posts have been so dishonest.............your smarter than that.

Its not a defense of what he said, but you continue to falsely (try) and spin it that way.

Really?

Did he voice this opinion from as an employee or on his own social media account, otherwise unassociated, did he have any sort of of contractual agreement with his company regarding this, and finally, does he work in a right to work state?

tweeted from his private account

California - not a right to work state

I'm not sure how there could be a contractual agreement that covers this (voicing 1st amendment support)

Really?

LOL ...........yep pretty dumb of me

the dreaded mistake while correcting..................I am guilty Meazza

As a Bills fan I'm very advanced at blocking my depressed emotions. Kind of like the human body immune system that protects itself from disease. Spectacular historical defeats like my favorite teams always seem to experience could be catastrophic to someone elses psyche and health. Thank heavens I've developed this involuntary self protection that disconnects me almost immediately after horrific events. See, I'm able to post about it without sobbing on my keyboard.

With the Sabres out I am enjoying watching the playoffs this year. Been some great series so far. That Montreal Boston game last night was a classic. I like that Chicago team a lot, too. As a Sabres fan I should have wanted the Blues to win but I was pulling for the Hawks anyway. I hope the rest of the rounds are as entertaining!

tweeted from his private account

California - not a right to work state

I'm not sure how there could be a contractual agreement that covers this (voicing 1st amendment support)

LOL ...........yep pretty dumb of me

the dreaded mistake while correcting..................I am guilty Meazza

He has a case, and should sue them for every nickle.

He has a case, and should sue them for every nickle.

He gave an interview in which it sounds like he isn't that mad at his old company for dumping him without talking to him first, he IS concerned that people understand where he was coming from. Heck he even was still praising the game programers for EVOLVE

Anyone who follows me knows my tweets were not in support of Sterling's actions," Olin told the gaming site Kotaku. "Rather, they were promoting three core tenets I believe in:

1) The harm sensational media presents to society.

2) The importance and sanctity of your privacy within your own home.

And 3) The right to be whatever you want to be as an American, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else.

That last point not to be confused with condoning Sterling's actions, which I don't."

Sorry Mr. Olin, there is no derivation from the Left's narrative allowed

Edited by B-Man

Did he voice this opinion from as an employee or on his own social media account, otherwise unassociated, did he have any sort of of contractual agreement with his company regarding this, and finally, does he work in a right to work state?

Turtle Rock Studios is Cali based... I ASSUME he is in Cali. California is NOT a right to work state. Also seems his Twitter account is his, who the heck would know Olin? I guess now they do! The account is probably asscociated somewhat. Lastly, who knows what is in his contract.?

He gave an interview in which it sounds like he isn't that mad at his old company for dumping him without talking to him first, he IS concerned that people understand where he was coming from. Heck he even was still praising the game programers for EVOLVE

Sorry Mr. Olin, there is no derivation from the Left's narrative allowed

Well they certainly can't go after Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for taking a similar position, so this guy is the sacrificial lamb.

Edited by Koko78

Not Too Long Ago, the LA Times Lavished Praise on Don Sterling

And so, what many suspected is documented.

The liberals of Los Angeles loved Donald Sterling. So much so that the liberal Los Angeles Times – acknowledging the paper knew of stories alleging Sterling was a bigot – headlined and sub-headlined a loving profile of Sterling on January 3, 2010 by reporter Sandy Banks this way

Donald Sterling is generous, impolitic and eager to be liked

The Clippers owner has one of the largest real estate empires in Southern California, gives money to charitable causes and has been accused for years of being a bigot.

And oh so much money to liberal causes did Donald Sterling give. The Los Angeles Times was thrilled. Reported Ms. Banks:

I walked into the penthouse reception prepared to skewer Donald Sterling. But I had barely gotten through the door when I wound up in a group hug with the Clippers' owner and the NBA's top draft pick, heartthrob Blake Griffin.

Sterling might be a tight-fisted egomaniac, but he's also smart enough to know that it's hard to savage a man in print when he introduces you to the crowd as the "beautiful, fabulous writer for the Los Angeles Times. Here to make life better for underprivileged kids."

That's not exactly why I was at the Donald T. Sterling Charitable Foundation Summit, held Tuesday at his Sterling World Plaza in Beverly Hills.

You can't flip through our newspaper these days without spotting the giant ads Sterling buys promoting his awards and donations, his smiling face plastered among a jumble of names and cut-and-paste photos.

I wangled an invitation because I wanted to meet him. I was curious about the man -- and the motives -- behind the generosity. Sterling has been dogged for years by claims that he's a bigot. Was this simple image repair or true redemption, I wondered.

Banks spends a nanosecond noting that Sterling had previously had problems with a:

housing discrimination lawsuit by the U.S. Justice Department for $2.7 million. Four years ago, he spent millions to settle a similar lawsuit brought by a fair housing group…. Both accused him of trying to exclude blacks, Latinos and families with children from renting apartments in buildings he owns.

But hey. What’s a little bigotry between a rich donor to liberal favorites and the Times? So….on gushed this ace reporter from the Times in the Times:

more at the link:

Not Too Long Ago, the LA Times Lavished Praise on Don Sterling

And so, what many suspected is documented.

The liberals of Los Angeles loved Donald Sterling. So much so that the liberal Los Angeles Times – acknowledging the paper knew of stories alleging Sterling was a bigot – headlined and sub-headlined a loving profile of Sterling on January 3, 2010 by reporter Sandy Banks this way

Donald Sterling is generous, impolitic and eager to be liked

The Clippers owner has one of the largest real estate empires in Southern California, gives money to charitable causes and has been accused for years of being a bigot.

And oh so much money to liberal causes did Donald Sterling give. The Los Angeles Times was thrilled. Reported Ms. Banks:

I walked into the penthouse reception prepared to skewer Donald Sterling. But I had barely gotten through the door when I wound up in a group hug with the Clippers' owner and the NBA's top draft pick, heartthrob Blake Griffin.

Sterling might be a tight-fisted egomaniac, but he's also smart enough to know that it's hard to savage a man in print when he introduces you to the crowd as the "beautiful, fabulous writer for the Los Angeles Times. Here to make life better for underprivileged kids."

That's not exactly why I was at the Donald T. Sterling Charitable Foundation Summit, held Tuesday at his Sterling World Plaza in Beverly Hills.

You can't flip through our newspaper these days without spotting the giant ads Sterling buys promoting his awards and donations, his smiling face plastered among a jumble of names and cut-and-paste photos.

I wangled an invitation because I wanted to meet him. I was curious about the man -- and the motives -- behind the generosity. Sterling has been dogged for years by claims that he's a bigot. Was this simple image repair or true redemption, I wondered.

Banks spends a nanosecond noting that Sterling had previously had problems with a:

housing discrimination lawsuit by the U.S. Justice Department for $2.7 million. Four years ago, he spent millions to settle a similar lawsuit brought by a fair housing group…. Both accused him of trying to exclude blacks, Latinos and families with children from renting apartments in buildings he owns.

But hey. What’s a little bigotry between a rich donor to liberal favorites and the Times? So….on gushed this ace reporter from the Times in the Times:

more at the link:

That LA Times article was NOT praising Sterling. :wacko:

I don't understand why this is a Liberal/Conservative thing?

This is one guy having a real ****ty view of black people, being a very public representative of a sport that mostly employs young black men.

I couldn't care less if this guy is a Liberal, or a Conservative, in the end he's just a piece of ****.

That being said, hearing that he's fighting cancer, I don't wish that on anyone, even racists.

I don't understand why this is a Liberal/Conservative thing?

This is one guy having a real ****ty view of black people, being a very public representative of a sport that mostly employs young black men.

I couldn't care less if this guy is a Liberal, or a Conservative, in the end he's just a piece of ****.

That being said, hearing that he's fighting cancer, I don't wish that on anyone, even racists.

Who, other than Gatorman is making this about liberals/conservatives?

Edited by 3rdnlng