Did we just hire a new scout 2 weeks before the draft?

FireChan

Why yes, yes we did.

So don't you usually hire scouts BEFORE a next scouting cycle begins? This is actually proactive. You don't want to hire a scout after all the planning for the next scouting season has begun, right? Look, I understand it is fun to B word about everything the Bills do, but let's put some thought into what we are bitching about, k?

So don't you usually hire scouts BEFORE a next scouting cycle begins? This is actually proactive. You don't want to hire a scout after all the planning for the next scouting season has begun, right? Look, I understand it is fun to B word about everything the Bills do, but let's put some thought into what we are bitching about, k?

Just to clarify, Dixon was announced as a Pro Scout. Meaning, his job has nothing to do with the draft. His role will be to help scout future opponents, to help the coaches gameplan.

I'm not talking about the subheading.

Then what are you talking about? Seriously, your topic title was rhetorical in nature and your OP was "why yes, yes they did." So it does beg the question as to what your point was/is.

In the absence an explanation, I can only surmise that it was an attempt to cast the FO in a negative light by suggesting that only an inept organization would bring aboard a new scout so close to the draft. But I suspect you were embarrassed by the revelation that the new scout is a pro scout whose duties have nothing to do with the evaluation of college prospects currently underway.

GO BILLS!!!

When you start a thread with this topic:

Did we just hire a new scout 2 weeks before the draft?

and your OP is this:

Why yes, yes we did.

I'm not talking about the subheading.

how exactly would you like people to respond? Is there some deeper meaning that everyone but you is missing?

I didn't think so...