Bills defense in 2014 - personnel fit to Schwartz scheme

Very good read, thanks for posting! My main quibble with the author's breakdown is that from the way Whaley was talking about the Rivers signing, it doesn't seem like Lawson has much of a place in this scheme.

Very good read, thanks for posting! My main quibble with the author's breakdown is that from the way Whaley was talking about the Rivers signing, it doesn't seem like Lawson has much of a place in this scheme.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-analysis-all-22/2014/3/20/5529460/bills-needs-list-de-manny-lawson-jerry-hughes

Hilarious calling Kyle Williams dominant. He gets dominated almost all game long except for guessing right a few times. He is too small and has been the anchor of the worst team in football stopping the run over the 8 years he has been a Buffalo Bills player.

They would better by cutting him. Addition by Subtraction.

Hilarious calling Kyle Williams dominant. He gets dominated almost all game long except for guessing right a few times. He is too small and has been the anchor of the worst team in football stopping the run over the 8 years he has been a Buffalo Bills player.

They would better by cutting him. Addition by Subtraction.

So that's how you get voted to the pro bowl by your peers...interesting

That's not nearly as impressive as being named to the Pro Bowl by the coaches, which he has been.

I honestly don't think people watch the games that closely.

GO BILLS!!!

Kyle Williams is over 300Lbs and gets lower than nearly every DLman in the NFL. He is quick and he gets better leverage than his opponent on nearly every play. Security, you listen too much to the ramblings of TBD posters. He doesn't need to be bigger because he absolutely does dominate at that position. Having a 10 sack season at as a defensive tackle is a far cry from "gets dominated almost all game long except for guessing right a few times". :lol: You crack me up.

Edited by Rockinon

He actually sucks, he gets Ruben Brown love. IT is silly to even think he is serviceable.

Rank against the run:

2013 - 28th

2012 - 32nd

2011 - 27th --> Kyle WIlliams only played in 5 games this year, funny how the best in the last 4 years was when he was not playing

2010 - 32nd

Also, in 2011, the Bills averaged 138.4 per game with him, 139.2 without him. He has no impact at all . They actually had 2 games without him where let up less than 100 yards that year, and then numbers got drastically inflated by a 254 yard game at the end of the year when the Bills gave up.

It is clear they were better without him.

Edited by Security

That's not nearly as impressive as being named to the Pro Bowl by the coaches, which he has been.

I honestly don't think people watch the games that closely.

GO BILLS!!!

Doesn't Bill Belicheck have a healthy respect for KW over the rest of the D?

He actually sucks, he gets Ruben Brown love. IT is silly to even think he is serviceable.

Rank against the run:

2013 - 28th

2012 - 32nd

2011 - 27th --> Kyle WIlliams only played in 5 games this year, funny how the best in the last 4 years was when he was not playing

2010 - 32nd

Also, in 2011, the Bills averaged 138.4 per game with him, 139.2 without him. He has no impact at all . They actually had 2 games without him where let up less than 100 yards that year, and then numbers got drastically inflated by a 254 yard game at the end of the year when the Bills gave up.

Rank against the run:

2013 - 28th

2012 - 32nd

2010 - 32nd

Wow, you are citing team statistics to judge the performance of an individual player? I could be mistaken, but wasn't he one of the top ranked DT's based on PFF's metrics?

Wow, you are citing team statistics to judge the performance of an individual player? I could be mistaken, but wasn't he one of the top ranked DT's based on PFF's metrics?

He was their NFL defensive player of the year back in Chan's first season as well.

He was their NFL defensive player of the year back in Chan's first season as well.

Poor choice if he was, he is an average player.

It is clear he has no impact at all. Stats don't lie, with or without him. He has no added value at all. There is no way to show he makes the Bills better. Not one way.

He is classic, hard to play against, but easy to beat type of player.

Poor choice if he was, he is an average player.

It is clear he has no impact at all. Stats don't lie, with or without him. He has no added value at all. There is no way to show he makes the Bills better. Not one way.

He is classic, hard to play against, but easy to beat type of player.

Let me guess, you were peering through the window when his dog pooped on your lawn and he didn't clean it up.