Things I Love... Things I Hate... Bills state of affairs

There are a lot of moving parts with regards to what is going on with the Buffalo Bills right now, so I thought I'd post a little breakdown of what has been exciting, annoying, happy, sad, indifferent, or downright nauseating to me. I welcome anyone who wants to post your lists to do so, but please keep any debates to what people post to those threads bearing that particular topic. I really don't care one bit about what anyone thinks about what people want to vent about in here, I can read it everywhere else on this forum.

What I Hate:

1. Jim Kelly having to suffer through a horrible illness, and while the support is very strong for our hero, people still find it necessary to crap all over comments sections on news stories spewing their negative opinions, views and or feelings about the guy. I cannot for the life of me understand that for a split second. I'm sorry, but people live their lives, make mistakes, and learn from them. I love Jim like a brother more for what he has stood for, suffered through, and represents as an advocate for child screening, and his love for our miserable city, than anything he did while a Buffalo Bill.

2. Jon Bon Jovi - go straight to hell, and take your tight pants with you. - Nuff said.

3. The circus about who will buy the team. I do partly blame this on Ralph, but I also recognize what he did do for the city as well. I am just not one of those who tend to canonize the man for it.

4. Any conversation involving a stadium built in, near, or on the Niagara Falls dump. Enough is enough. Buffalo is the home of the team, it is it's well earned and paid for resource, and deserves it to be in the city where it was conceived. The city has lost enough over the last 100 years, and it's time to stop making excuses for why it shouldn't be there. Canadians that love the team will come, people from central NY will be able to get there, and it will have a positive ripple effect on city infrastructure to improve services, roads, and boost the economy.

5. LA - I hope to all that is holy that the city of L.A. never gets another franchise.

What I Love:

1. The Buffalo community that has rallied around the scariest of challenges in Jim's fight with cancer. I have never been happier to see so many Bills fans rally around someone, and it has restored my faith in Bills Nation as the best fans in the world. Sometimes all the negativity on these forums makes you wonder.(myself included)

2. Fred Jackson. I wish to God he gets to play 5 more years and kill it in a playoff game, or dare I say a superbowl.

3. Andre Reed - No player has deserved to be recognized for his contributions to the game more than our #1 guy. He quietly changed the way the position was played, and was such a selfless player that made Jim Kelly and other players around him better.

4. The potential for a new owner to begin a winning era in the city of Buffalo for many years to come, along with the Sabres owner investing in the city's rebirth as the cornerstone to the return of glory to a once proud city.

5. Chicken Wings. I listened to the greatest comeback of all time on a crappy radio in Duffs on Sheridan Drive while eating arguably the best wings in Buffalo. I can't have a wing without getting all misty eyed when I have some.

That's my list, post yours if you want, and trust me, it was theraputic to just get some things out there.

AGAIN, please don't comment rip on anyone who posts their lists, they may contain items that are definitely being discussed in other threads, so consider using the search function and commenting there.

Thanks for playing,

- Homey D.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Can argue with any of these.....

When I hear talk of them biulding a stadium at Niagra Falls.....I keep going back to visions of EVERY televised game showing two things......a bowl of Buffalo Wings being made....and NIAGRA FALLS

I would just add this.....and this is coming from someone 3000 miles away so plz take it with a grain of salt. There is only one Niagra Falls in the world.....and the lure of that might be beneficial and it is still in the area.

Agree on all points. I think out ideal scenario will involve the Jacobs family buying the team. He will get the support from NYS state for the new stadium. Safe to say Cuomo won't support a new stadium for Trump if he does gain control of the team. As for Bon Jovi- while I don't think he has come out and publicly stated that he will move the team to Toronto, I think it is generally accepted that is his plan. If so, what an ass. Complete disregard for millions of fans. He seriously wants to take a team and rip it from the loyal fans and move it to Canada! How red, white and blue of you there. Jon.

Can argue with any of these.....

When I hear talk of them biulding a stadium at Niagra Falls.....I keep going back to visions of EVERY televised game showing two things......a bowl of Buffalo Wings being made....and NIAGRA FALLS

I would just add this.....and this is coming from someone 3000 miles away so plz take it with a grain of salt. There is only one Niagra Falls in the world.....and the lure of that might be beneficial and it is still in the area.

There are also shots of the marina, and of the light house as well. I guess what I'm asking is if they build the stadium on the Buffalo waterfront, they wont be able to film the falls anymore? again, please don't turn this thread into a stadium location debate. I have commented in those threads about my stadium views, I'd be happy to discuss there.

There are also shots of the marina, and of the light house as well. I guess what I'm asking is if they build the stadium on the Buffalo waterfront, they wont be able to film the falls anymore? again, please don't turn this thread into a stadium location debate. I have commented in those threads about my stadium views, I'd be happy to discuss there.

Akkk....need my morning coffee....I meant "CAN'T" argue with any of these

There are a lot of moving parts with regards to what is going on with the Buffalo Bills right now, so I thought I'd post a little breakdown of what has been exciting, annoying, happy, sad, indifferent, or downright nauseating to me. I welcome anyone who wants to post your lists to do so, but please keep any debates to what people post to those threads bearing that particular topic. I really don't care one bit about what anyone thinks about what people want to vent about in here, I can read it everywhere else on this forum.

What I Hate:

1. Jim Kelly having to suffer through a horrible illness, and while the support is very strong for our hero, people still find it necessary to crap all over comments sections on news stories spewing their negative opinions, views and or feelings about the guy. I cannot for the life of me understand that for a split second. I'm sorry, but people live their lives, make mistakes, and learn from them. I love Jim like a brother more for what he has stood for, suffered through, and represents as an advocate for child screening, and his love for our miserable city, than anything he did while a Buffalo Bill.

2. Jon Bon Jovi - go straight to hell, and take your tight pants with you. - Nuff said.

3. The circus about who will buy the team. I do partly blame this on Ralph, but I also recognize what he did do for the city as well. I am just not one of those who tend to canonize the man for it.

4. Any conversation involving a stadium built in, near, or on the Niagara Falls dump. Enough is enough. Buffalo is the home of the team, it is it's well earned and paid for resource, and deserves it to be in the city where it was conceived. The city has lost enough over the last 100 years, and it's time to stop making excuses for why it shouldn't be there. Canadians that love the team will come, people from central NY will be able to get there, and it will have a positive ripple effect on city infrastructure to improve services, roads, and boost the economy.

5. LA - I hope to all that is holy that the city of L.A. never gets another franchise.

What I Love:

1. The Buffalo community that has rallied around the scariest of challenges in Jim's fight with cancer. I have never been happier to see so many Bills fans rally around someone, and it has restored my faith in Bills Nation as the best fans in the world. Sometimes all the negativity on these forums makes you wonder.(myself included)

2. Fred Jackson. I wish to God he gets to play 5 more years and kill it in a playoff game, or dare I say a superbowl.

3. Andre Reed - No player has deserved to be recognized for his contributions to the game more than our #1 guy. He quietly changed the way the position was played, and was such a selfless player that made Jim Kelly and other players around him better.

4. The potential for a new owner to begin a winning era in the city of Buffalo for many years to come, along with the Sabres owner investing in the city's rebirth as the cornerstone to the return of glory to a once proud city.

5. Chicken Wings. I listened to the greatest comeback of all time on a crappy radio in Duffs on Sheridan Drive while eating arguably the best wings in Buffalo. I can't have a wing without getting all misty eyed when I have some.

That's my list, post yours if you want, and trust me, it was theraputic to just get some things out there.

AGAIN, please don't comment rip on anyone who posts their lists, they may contain items that are definitely being discussed in other threads, so consider using the search function and commenting there.

Thanks for playing,

- Homey D.

Great post my friend

CBF

As for Bon Jovi- while I don't think he has come out and publicly stated that he will move the team to Toronto, I think it is generally accepted that is his plan. If so, what an ass. Complete disregard for millions of fans. He seriously wants to take a team and rip it from the loyal fans and move it to Canada! How red, white and blue of you there. Jon.

So...Does this mean I can begin to hope that Bon Jovi will graduate from being the most hated man in WNY to being the most despised man in America?

Hey...A guy can dream... ;)

Hates:

The Patriots. Kraft, Brady, Billicheat. All of them.

Not winning close games that we deserve to win. It happens to all teams, and we sneak out the wins here and there, but we're due for a team that has a knack for winning.

Ralph not handling the sale before he died. Seems like a big burden to let his wife handle. All of this bidding and sale stuff could have been taken care of and lined up prior to his death and then executed afterwards.

Love:

Our new young guys that weren't on the team last year at this time. kiko, goodwin, woods, EJ, robey.... we did great last year getting fast talented guys with good attitudes.

draft day. no matter who we pick. i even loved the ed wang pick. I ordered more wangs. i mean wings.

the wisdom of the stadium wall

Things I Hate:

"Fans" who bash our 2nd year QB after he has played in a total of 10 games, threw more TDs than picks and was obviously on a minimized play calling set from the coaching staff pretty much the entire season. I mean seriously, calling EJ a bust already is simply ludicrous.

Things I Love:

Playing on Thanksgiving day this year (most likely).

Opening Day at the Ralph every season, and this year will be extra special. Sunshine (usually), good times, and optimism.

Things I hate:

Any player with less than 2 complete seasons being called a bust. Sometimes it takes a guy a few years for it to click.

Posters calling for a player to be cut midseason because they “suck” when there is no one better to replace them with. i.e. all the people calling for TJ Graham’s head midway through last season. You don’t make the team better by cutting a player toward the top of the depth chart no matter how bad you think they are. You make the team better by finding better guys to push the players at the bottom of the depth chart off the roster.

All other teams in our division.

The fact that good chicken wings are roughly 700 miles away from me.

Things I love:

Andre Reed finally getting into the HOF and the fact that I will be there to see him inducted.

The fact that the Bills will be playing in Carolina this year…even if it is just the preseason.

The moves that this front office has made and the fact that I finally Billieve that they know what they are doing.

Fred Jackson, Eric Wood, Robert Woods, flash88, Aaron Williams, Kiko.

Great post my friend

CBF

Well said..

Thank you very kindly for reading my rant... :thumbsup:

Things I Hate:

"Fans" who bash our 2nd year QB after he has played in a total of 10 games, threw more TDs than picks and was obviously on a minimized play calling set from the coaching staff pretty much the entire season. I mean seriously, calling EJ a bust already is simply ludicrous.

Things I Love:

Playing on Thanksgiving day this year (most likely).

Opening Day at the Ralph every season, and this year will be extra special. Sunshine (usually), good times, and optimism.

I'm also excited about the thanksgiving game for some reason, and I have yet to attend a season opener that didn't make the hair on my neck stand on end...

Hate:

1) The Miami Dolphins. Yes, I'm old enuf to remember the years when it was one of the best rivalries in the NFL. I want their players to break a leg on every play. These are the 2 games I circle on my calendar, and go out of my way to watch.

2) The fact that Bills-Fish is not an important rivalry anymore. (in my heart it still is).

3) The idea of the Bills moving anywhere.

4) The maddening question: If they DO move, will I still root for them? If the name is still Bills, and if its the same colors, then maybe. possibly. BUT if its not the "Bills" then i'm done

5) The possibility that if they move and change the name, I might be done with football.

LOVE:

1) The Bills

2) Having a team to naturally, and genetically, root for in the greatest game on earth.

3) Doug Whaley. Seems to have a modern plan and the nuts to execute it.

4) BBQ wings at La Novas

5) The fact that I grew up in Buffalo (city of). Great place to be from.

6) Living in LA. When I was young I thought weather was a shallow reason to be for or against a place. Not anymore.

7) Tuel. Reminds me of Nick Foles. Seems to get it. Knows his job is to get the ball to playmakers. Not wait for the perfect pass. But to sling it. Give his boys a chance to make a play. I like his "moxy" I guess. Even Thad seems to get this more then EJ.

Go Bills.

Edited by maddenboy

Hate:

Our QB situation - we are severely lacking a veteran presence there.

The denial that occurs on TBD when the topic of the Patriots cheating their way to 3 SB's comes up. I think it's something that should never be forgotten and it's clear that the media/league are doing everything they can to make sure it never happened. Some around here have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to the Pats.

A couple of shtheads on NFL radio that speak as if the moving trucks are warmed up outside the Ralph and ready to roll out to LA.

Love:

The community of Buffalo NY-like no other-and it's a worldwide community

Bills Mafia

Jim Kelly

Players that want to play here and win.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I dislike the last time I saw this team in the playoffs...

I was 16

It was the Music City Miracle

I am now 32...

I was at that game, and it was the most excruciating thing I have ever witnessed in person. It was the first time the outcome of a game other than the missed field goal that I almost puked on the spot. And it's the "Music City Mistake" KolledgeStudnet.... it's the "Music City Mistake"..... the only miracle that happened on that day was that Rob Johnson finished an entire game without an injury.