Black unis for 1st home game?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AW posted this on Twitter... thought it would be cool to wear black jerseys for the home opener IHO Ralph? I don't like the "black-out" for fans (or white out, etc) because it is too collegiate for the NFL IMO and plus it doesn't seem to help. I like the black jersey though! You have to click on the IG link to see the jersey idea.

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 Apr 10

How dope would this be if we had black uni's and we had a blacked out game? Like if you agree!… http://instagram.com/p/moGjd-DMo0/

The guy makes millions of dollars a year and yet he still thinks the Oregon Ducks uniform of the week thing is a "dope" idea. AW, grow up and act like the professional you are suppose to be. The Bills don't have all black uniforms and black isn't one of the team colors.

Now if you promise me you'll beat NE, you can play naked as far as I am concerned.

The guy makes millions of dollars a year and yet he still thinks the Oregon Ducks uniform of the week thing is a "dope" idea. AW, grow up and act like the professional you are suppose to be. The Bills don't have all black uniforms and black isn't one of the team colors.

Now if you promise me you'll beat NE, you can play naked as far as I am concerned.

He's a 23 year old kid, geezus. He thinks a black jersey would be "dope", so what, big deal. I like the idea of an off color jersey, it's a freaking game that mostly 20 something year old kids play. It ain't that serious.

What's more childish? A 23 year old kid that likes the idea of a black jersey or a 50 year old man who paints his face and stands in 30 degree weather with his shirt off? People are really hard on him over a stupid comment.

Classic Stingy traditionalist post. In case you haven't noticed the change, jerseys are huge for college kids, and the new age NFL. Jersey selection is used as a recruiting tool now.

I wouldn't mind a black jersey eventually but am quite happy with what we have now. I actually think our current uni's are some of the best looking in the league and that has nothing to do with being a Bills fan. I don't think wearing a black jersey is an appropriate way to honor Ralph because there is no way they wear those and don't try to sell them to the fans.

I think a patch would be best but also wouldn't mind something on the helmet. I remember a long time ago (in the 80's??) the Eagles had a black stripe on the side of their helmet to honor someone's passing...no idea who. I wouldn't mind something like that. Sometime a patch kind of gets lost on TV...a black stripe through the buffalo would not.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

Classic Stingy traditionalist post. In case you haven't noticed the change, jerseys are huge for college kids, and the new age NFL. Jersey selection is used as a recruiting tool now.

Ohio State throws on new "special edition" unis every "big game" and every Michigan game. Its a Nike thing with the colleges I think and yes, huge recruiting tool.

He's 23 years old. Give him a break. I'm sure you were very mature at 23. Plus it doesn't matter how much money he makes.

i'm all for tradition, but our jersey and logo isn't "cool." if we want to attract more fans and have some national appeal i think a 3rd jersey and maybe even a different logo to go with it would do wonders. we can still have our normal uni but for 1 or 2 games a year we could go to the new uni. believe it or not, oregon is now a national powerhouse in college sports thanks in large part to their close ties with nike. the younger guys love that they have so many cool looking jerseys and sneakers. it helps them get tons of recruits. i see lots of people around with oregon gear on too, even around here. this wasn't the case 10 yrs ago. it wouldn't be a bad thing if tons of people around the country started sporting Bills gear. i say go for it

me too, I can't stand teams going to an all black jersey, even if it's for one game.

I agree. Part of the identity of the San Jose Sharks is the color teal. They came out in game one of the playoffs in their alternate black jersies and said they're going to wear them throughout the playoffs. So there you had a sold-out crowd all decked in teal and their team on the ice was in black.

That would be unnecessary, IMO. But I love AW. He is a young, energetic, dedicated member of the Bills.

Yeah, he is a really good kid...and was a great pick by the Bills. The way people here are so quick to trash players, whether they struggle as rookies, or make a harmless comment, is pretty disappointing.

The original post. Not sure if it was the Ops or AW

My fault on the confusion. So one of AW's followers tweeted to him a pic that he created where it took a pic of him in a bills uni and turned it into a black jersey, just for fun. People do this on twitter all the time (make artistic pics of athletes), really I don't know why. Anyway, AW then said that he thought it would be cool (or "dope" haha) for the Bills to wear black unis for a game and for the fans to do a black out. One or more of his followers replied that they thought it would be cool to do that in the home opener. No one's idea other than some random follower of AW but I wondered what you all thought about the unis and if you felt it would be cool or not IHO of Ralph. I agreed with those that thought the uni was cool but not as a tribute to RW. Like the armband.