Black unis for 1st home game?

I agree that it is not in good taste. It would be cool in many circumstances but with RCW2 passing and it not being part of our colors I cannot want to see it. What better colors are there then Red, White and Blue?! You want to impress me with colors and put on a show to get me going...? Opening week you black that mofo out in the stadium. You get some giant ass floodlights... Fire them up from pure darkness. Blue on one side first. Then the other side goes to red. The middle comes up white. You play the right music, you show some pumped up videos. The Bills thru the years with Ralph all over that footage. You show us how special it is to be a Bills fan - red, white and blue. That's just who we are. We tough, beaten on with tough blood. Our love of our team, our neighbors and each other is as pure as the driven snow - white. Our collars are blue, our lakes are blue - it just fits us.

On a Jboyst story time moment, I really do love blacking out games when its part of your scheme. In HS we were black and gold and my junior year we played our cross town rival and we were major underdogs. Before the game we had heard rumors we might wear black jerseys with our gold pants but our coaches passed out the white pants and gold jerseys. It was no fun. But, about 20 minutes before kickoff they call us in a room - last game of the year. They start calling out numbers and we get up and have all new black socks, black jerseys, and black pants while we also had black helmets. We played our ass off that game and we won.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. NOT black then. What about Blue? -A Blue jersey with blue pants, and a blue helmet with a re-vamped logo. I won't accuse anyone of being crotchety, old fashioned, and scared of any change in their sterile environment, but I will say that Bills nation could use something to energize it's fanbase. -Especially with the possibility of new ownership stepping in. Reaching out to a new, younger market may be a good idea.

Young people nowadays are so visual. Half their lives are spent scrolling touchscreens of one type or another. -Can we at least give them something interesting to look at? Heaven forbid it generates any excitement, or motivation on the part of a weary, or disinterested fanbase.

When the Steelers break out that cartoon, bumble-bee nightmare throwback, its pretty f___g horryfying. Still... It kinda says, we have so much PRIDE in our team, that we can come out here rocking whatever weird pattern we like, and probly still beat your a$$.

My point is that for a host of reasons a new uniform variation could be a really good thing at this point in Bills history. We should keep our minds open on the subject.

Edited by #34fan

Fine. NOT black then. What about Blue? -A Blue jersey with blue pants, and a blue helmet with a re-vamped logo. I won't accuse anyone of being crotchety, old fashioned, and scared of any change in their sterile environment, but I will say that Bills nation could use something to energize it's fanbase. -Especially with the possibility of new ownership stepping in. Reaching out to a new, younger market may be a good idea.

Young people nowadays are so visual. Half their lives are spent scrolling touchscreens of one type or another. -Can we at least give them something interesting to look at? Heaven forbid it generates any excitement, or motivation on the part of a weary, or disinterested fanbase.

When the Steelers break out that cartoon, bumble-bee nightmare throwback, its pretty f___g horryfying. Still... It kinda says, we have so much PRIDE in our team, that we can come out here rocking whatever weird pattern we like, and probly still beat your a$$.

My point is that for a host of reasons a new uniform variation could be a really good thing at this point in Bills history. We should keep our minds open on the subject.

Well, we tried the white out thing and it looked pretty cool. We did the white jersey/blue pants thing and it also looked cool. I wouldn't be against trying an all blue uni. It still sticks to our colors and it isn't trying too hard. Our current unis are some of the best looking in the league.

we've had 3 uniforms in the last few years. Let's give it a break and let them play in what they've got.

And "re-vamping" the logo??? You want to throw out respect for RCW2 by "re-vamping" the logo that he has had for the majority of owning this team???

Great idea *sarcasm font still needed mods*

Ya know what fans get excited about??? Winning. Opening day games. Flyovers. Winning. Touchdowns. Tailgating. Winning. Deep passes. Sacks. Did I mention winning??? Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the uniforms we wear.

Edited by mrags

we've had 3 uniforms in the last few years. Let's give it a break and let them play in what they've got.

And "re-vamping" the logo??? You want to throw out respect for RCW2 by "re-vamping" the logo that he has had for the majority of owning this team???

Ya know what fans get excited about??? Winning. Opening day games. Flyovers. Winning. Touchdowns. Tailgating. Winning. Deep passes. Sacks. Did I mention winning??? Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the uniforms we wear.

I totally missed the re-vamping the logo business. I think that's an awful idea (no offense). Again, our unis look GREAT right now. The right mix of classic and modern. Look at what the Jags and Bucs just did. Those things are atrocious. They aren't reinvigorating the fanbase at all, are they? Certainly not last year in Jacksonville. I'll take the vintage bumblebee look over those nonsense arena football get ups any day.

Edited by Big C

Gimmicky/bad taste. This isn't the NBA. It smacks of commercializing RW's death by no doubt offering a commemorative black jersey for sale.....

A patch will do.

It would be gimmicky, and in bad taste, perhaps, if they were trying to sell the jerseys. If it was just a one-time thing, with no attempt to sell the jerseys to fans, I think it would actually be pretty cool. But, at the same time, I am very happy with the jerseys they have now.

So because Ralph died, nothing about the team he built should ever change? -And any change that represents a forward-thinking atitude in the organization is somehow an affront to Ralphs life, legacy, and contribution to the NFL as an owner?

Oooooookay.

And companies that spend tens of millions of dollars marketing, and packaging products are completely misguided in the belief that appearances can impact the perceptions and attitudes that drive the bottom line?

Sure.. Keep thinking that.

And FYI, I absolutely love the color scheme. Always will. Nevertheless, I, (like many others) enjoy a little variety once in a while. I've even been known to get excited about it ocaisionally.

Few things make me happier than a Bills win. I just don't feel I should be bored to death until we become that great superbowl team everyone's dreaming of?

I say change it up... The spectre of losing was bad. Now the spectre of death, sickness, and (possible sale of the team) hangs over the fans like a bad smell. -It really, really, couldn't hurt to do something different.. Think about it.

Edited by #34fan

Oh, you definitely made your point. You don't need to keep going. I just still think it's a horrible idea.

And changing things up on the same season as Ralph passed is in bad taste and disrespectful. Personally, I think the "new school" jerseys out in the NFL now are horrendous. Even the Seahawks jersey which I liked at first are wearing on me to just being annoying.

Sure go with all Black Uniforms.. and Lets have the players pull their pants down below their ass... Lets make it an all Thug/Street/Gang/Prison League... What's wrong with the Red, White & Blue we have adopted over the past 50 plus years? Why is everyone in this country so quick to adopt Black Uniforms?

I think a patch will probably do the trick. The blacked out jersey does look hard though, but I agree that Ralph's passing isn't the reason to wear one. The players are there to play the game, not attending the funeral. It would seem a little off color if you ask me. No pun intended.

They probably wouldn't wear two patches in the same season, but I think it would be cool if something is done to show support for JK. I guess it doesn't have to be on the uni's, but I hope the stadium has some "KellyStrong" signs or something along those lines. I think the "(insert city/individual/cause here)Strong" mantras are a little cliched at this point, but some type of sign of support would be cool.