Brandon Kaufmann is now 245 lbs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Similar path as The Browns Jordan Cameron but was way more productive in college. With the work ethic I keep hearing/reading about, no reason he can't/won't learn to do some blocking. He doesn't have to be a mauler to be productive, just not a pushover.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

I'm on board with this move. I personally wanted and thought we needed another TE but as it stands, Chandler did very well last year. We don't give him enough credit. So I'd actually be ok with not picking a TE. Moekei and Gragg will also be fighting for roles as well. The talent is there. It's just a matter of IF someone can break out and show us something. Kaufmann does that as well. We shouldn't be looking at this as a bad thing. If were thinking he's a WR, he's not on the team come opening day. This is only an attempt at him becoming a Buffalo Bill when the season starts. And he could surprise us all.

Or we could draft an actual TE...

IMO it isn't an either/or scenario. They may draft an "actual" TE. We have "actual" TEs on the roster. They think he is talented enough to compete in camp at that position and that he has a better chance to do so at TE than WR. That's about it, from what I can tell.

Kaufmann is just as big now as guys like Fleener or Eifert. Even Vernon Davis is 6'5 250.

He'll have to work on his blocking some but I would imagine he will be just as effective as those guys in the blocking department. Most of those guys are split out some from the line anyway.

IMO it isn't an either/or scenario. They may draft an "actual" TE. We have "actual" TEs on the roster. They think he is talented enough to compete in camp at that position and that he has a better chance to do so at TE than WR. That's about it, from what I can tell.

agreed. i dont think we are as locked in to any of the depth guys as some here do.

i think chandler is a lock, and the rest are going to have to earn their jobs. if he shows well, kaufmann may find his way to the 53 over a guy like gragg, or even end up on the practice squad still. i dont think kaufmann, or gragg or even moeaki preclude us from adding a top TE.

Or we could draft an actual TE...

I wouldn't let one preclude the other. Also, considering injury / attrition / aging rates in the NFL, having as many prospects as will fit on the roster is a good move. I believe in Kaufman's chances more than I think we need the next Ronnie Wingo.

A good move for both the Bills and Kaufmann:

• He has good hands, works hard, and if he develops as a blocker, it could become a great move
  • Also indicates no Ebron at #9
  • And, I have thought for a couple of years this is what Easley should do, put some more muscle on his big frame and move inside …. he's a monster on Special Teams, surely he can block?

We are about to experience a revolution in Offense. Its going to be basketball players. Guys who can high point the ball .

Kaufmann and the Bills might be on to something here. and the Canisius kid

Damn these young upstart coaches !

I think hyrbrid TE/WR is coming. Guys that move around.

Can Kaufmann block ?

TE/WR has always been a position in fantasy football. ABout time the NFL caught up B-)

• He has good hands, works hard, and if he develops as a blocker, it could become a great move
  • And, I have thought for a couple of years this is what Easley should do, put some more muscle on his big frame and move inside …. he's a monster on Special Teams, surely he can block?

I like this move a lot. No Ebon at 9. We still should draft a TE. My dream is the Matthews cousins. (J. Mathews in the 1st, and Niklas from ND in the 2nd).

funny. I've thought that with Easley as well. Even funnier is I always thought they should have done that with Hardy too.

As of right now, if Easley were to stay where he is, he's in danger of being cut because you aren't going to keep more than 6 WRs on the roster and STs isn't going to ensure your spot unless your name is Steve Tasker or Mark Pike. However, if he bulked up some, he could push for a TE spot and since he's a really good STer it might help his chances if say he and Meokei, Kaufmann, Gragg, and Smith are all equal at the TE position.

We are about to experience a revolution in Offense. Its going to be basketball players. Guys who can high point the ball .

Kaufmann and the Bills might be on to something here. and the Canisius kid

Damn these young upstart coaches !

I think hyrbrid TE/WR is coming. Guys that move around.

Can Kaufmann block ?

I've said it before - Bills should be scouting college basketball players with HS football experience. There are lots of very athletic B ballers that are 6'5"/250. Would certainly not hurt to bring in a couple of free agents after the draft.

I've said it before - Bills should be scouting college basketball players with HS football experience. There are lots of very athletic B ballers that are 6'5"/250. Would certainly not hurt to bring in a couple of free agents after the draft.

every team in the league is looking at these guys.

funny. I've thought that with Easley as well. Even funnier is I always thought they should have done that with Hardy too.

As of right now, if Easley were to stay where he is, he's in danger of being cut because you aren't going to keep more than 6 WRs on the roster and STs isn't going to ensure your spot unless your name is Steve Tasker or Mark Pike. However, if he bulked up some, he could push for a TE spot and since he's a really good STer it might help his chances if say he and Meokei, Kaufmann, Gragg, and Smith are all equal at the TE position.

I'm not so sure...After last year, and what Marrone said about needing core ST's players, I think Easley has a BIG lead on that last WR spot...It's pretty much a given that Williams takes Hogan's spot...If another WR comes in I would imagine Graham will be feeling the heat more than Easley...But we'll see... B-)

I'm not so sure...After last year, and what Marrone said about needing core ST's players, I think Easley has a BIG lead on that last WR spot...It's pretty much a given that Williams takes Hogan's spot...If another WR comes in I would imagine Graham will be feeling the heat more than Easley...But we'll see... B-)

Williams

Johnson

Woods

Goodwin

Graham

Barden

At this point it leaves 0 spots remaining. Some can argue that Grahan is gone.aybe true. Either way, if your Easley, would you chance that??? Or would you pack on a little more weight and take a shot at TE?

Williams

Johnson

Woods

Goodwin

Graham

Barden

At this point it leaves 0 spots remaining. Some can argue that Grahan is gone.aybe true. Either way, if your Easley, would you chance that??? Or would you pack on a little more weight and take a shot at TE?

If I'm Easley I would do exactly what I do best...Go out and and make big plays on ST's as a gunner...He's got a very specific skill that makes him a REAL hard player to cut...Due to that I honestly do not see the Bills keeping either Barden or Graham over him this year if it comes down to that...He does not have to play WR much...They'll keep one or two guys on the practice squad for emergencies at WR...But he'll play on almost every ST's unit and play very well there...It's an undervalued skill for a bottom of the roster spot...Championship teams need players like Easley...I really don't think he's got a lot to worry about unless another WR can fill his spot on ST's...Then he would be in trouble... B-)