Did anyone hear the interview with FJ yesterday on NFL Radio?

It was posted in the Buffalo Bills website, but FJ made some interesting comments. When asked by Ross and Papa, about losing a step, he mentioned instead of shedding weight to maintain speed, he went in the other direction. His strategy over the last couple years is to put on more muscle and use leverage to beat defenders.

That guy is a true professional and represents the Bills. I'm so glad we extended him. It drives me nuts when i hear some analysts state he is declning. It's baseless as he continues to defy father time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddie deserves more air time. He is not only the proud face of the Bills, he'd do wonders for the ever-tranishing brand of the League's players. He's articulate, engaging and calm.

I can't help wondering if Father Time is having a negative impact on this persepctive.eg: 'Why promote this guy, he'll be washed up soon'..

In general though, it's not a good strategy for aging running backs to add weight. Maybe Freddy will be the exception but it concerns me.

Yeah, if that weight is fat, but if that weight is muscle, and he's more healthy, then why is that a bad thing?

Fred was a late bloomer as a result father time is a little farther behind in the race but he will catch Fred in a year or two

Look he like Stevie is another buffalo 'feel good story', but even with him and Stevie this team can't put together a winning season. Both guys need to be upgraded position wise and thanked for their time here. Just the harsh reality of the NFL, feel good stories and top character guys or winning, you pick.

Yeah, if that weight is fat, but if that weight is muscle, and he's more healthy, then why is that a bad thing?

Yeah, I think Fred knows his speed is going to be leaving him, so adding muscle will help his longevity. Spiller is the home run threat, now Fred will be our battering ram. I think it shows he knows his role is changing as he gets older.

Yeah, I think Fred knows his speed is going to be leaving him, so adding muscle will help his longevity. Spiller is the home run threat, now Fred will be our battering ram. I think it shows he knows his role is changing as he gets older.

Spiller nor Fred can stay on the field. We need a younger, bigger back that can stay somewhat durable and be on the field 25 plays a game

FredEx is the kind of man you WANT on your team...he works hard, humble but passionate, celebrates with his teammates and takes losses with his teammates, is an asset to the community, produces on the field and isn't a distraction off the field, adds character and leadership to your locker room....all in all, FJax is the consummate professional and all around great guy....I remember some of the disucussions on this board when he was in NFL Europe and a few were championing the guy to come to the BILLS full-time...I had no clue back then and wasn't paying attention, wish I had...for all the things that Levy did to suck at a GM (God Bless him for being an awesome coach but woof...GM, no thanks) he made the right move in bringing Freddy to the BILLS....if I'm wrong on that fact, I apologize, honestly, doing this quickly but as I remember it was Levy at the helm when FredEx made his cross the ocean journey and stayed in B-LO....

Look he like Stevie is another buffalo 'feel good story', but even with him and Stevie this team can't put together a winning season. Both guys need to be upgraded position wise and thanked for their time here. Just the harsh reality of the NFL, feel good stories and top character guys or winning, you pick.

Nothing personal but you really post a lot of bs. I've been noticing that lately.

There are feel good stories on every team, it is PR and the league needs it. As to Fred not being able to take 20 carries, look at his stats, even when injured he does that. He is putting on weight to help elevate the injury factor, I think that is a good thing.

Btw if we ever cut Fred you just wait and see how fast Billycheat picks him up.

Why can't it be both?

They're a bit more than feel good stories and there's plenty of other places to look as to why we've been losing than those two players.

Love, love, love Freddie. He shouldn't be expected to be THE back at this point in his career but he is still dangerous as a RB/receiver, he knows the game, picks up blitzes well etc. I'd like to see him get 20-30% of the offensive plays, some games 30-40%. Since I don't believe that CJ can cover the rest I do believe that the Bills will draft a RB by the 4th round.

^^^This....might be one of the least insightful and most errant posts I've seen in a long time....SJ and FredEx have been two consistent producers on a team that has failed and shown ineptitude at nearly every turn over the last five or six years. Now, with SJ, I can understand the argument to trade him due to some character flags and how the new regime is moving toward bigger WRs with new talent at the position...but Freddie has been the backbone of the running game for six years and watching him last season, there is no reason not to see just how productive he was....I believe, as others have stated, the BILLS will and need to Draft a RB this year to bring additional depth and youth to the position, but saying he should leave with a "Thank you for your service" and to insinuate he's been part of the losing problem is sheer lunacy in my mind....

saying he should leave with a "Thank you for your service" and to insinuate he's been part of the losing problem is sheer lunacy in my mind....

So, I'll mark you down as opposed to the belief that a team gets better by ridding itself of its top players rather than the bottom of the roster.

Feel good stories that have performed better than 1st round draft picks ?

I disagree with everything stated here. Put Peyton manning alongside these 2 "feel good" stories and they feel even better.

Why can't it be both?

Show me a team that has a ton of both, you can't. Denver, Seattle, SF etal have players with 'issues'. Hell we made it to 4 superbowls with several so did Dallas etc.

Feel good stories that have performed better than 1st round draft picks ?

I disagree with everything stated here. Put Peyton manning alongside these 2 "feel good" stories and they feel even better.

Lets try this again, Stevie isn't a #1 WR and getting paid like he is. He is a feel good story for the fans. From a pure football perspective I dump him, his attitude, and his salary. CJ is a feel good story too, Fans love the occasional long run, wonderful, but he isn't a 25 rush per game starter and that is what this team needs. He is in a contract year, I trade him now. You say put payton manning with these two feel good stories and they are better? I disagree. Denvers WR's had talent hell they made Tim Tebow look good! How could they not look good with a good QB? CJ? He has to stay on the field more than 3 plays at a time for payton to do anything with him. But I am not going to argue the point, Both Stevie and CJ should be traded now while they have value and lets upgrade RB so we can start making a run