If We Pass on Ebron .... We Will Regret it

Not only is he considered to be clearly the best TE in this draft..

He is considered as one of the best we athletes in this draft.

He is a match up nightmare the perfect advantage a 2nd year QB needs....

Ebron even give the Bills the flexibility to play two TE sets....

I continue to watch videos on him, and he has weaknesses but they can be coached up but his physical gifts and natural abilities CAN NOT...

Example his ability to locate the ball in traffic. Elevating at the peak of the catch (he goes an gets it) Body Control ect...

If We Pass on him we'll regret it

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy may be good but of all the TE's coming out this year he had the highest drop percentage of all of them . We already have a guy that can do that we need a guy thats clutch !!

Besides we regreted passing on Orapko, Mathews , R. Wilson , & many others but if we get a #1 LT/RT i don't think we will regret missing out on a TE with as huge a ego as this guy has !

He reminds me a lot of Winslow Jr. coming out … All hype !

never heard people make an issue about his hands or dropped passes until his pro day....

His body of work over the last 2 years is greater than a poor pro day

His pass catching stats are from his college career, not his pro day. There's a thread on it already.

We won't regret it. Pettigrew 2.0.

Pettigrew was an outstanding blocker in college and was tough as nails. He's has pretty much filled that role (he has actually surpassed my expectations as a pass catcher) for detroit. I haven't heard much about Evans blocking ability...not sure how he grades there.

I am not sold on Ebron, at least at #9. I cannot honeslty say that my opinions are based on seeing a ton of his games (mostly highlights), but more from the collected critiques of the zillions of "experts" that are analyzing these guys. If the Bills go tight end at #9, it has to be somebody that is clearly ready to play in the NFL. Those guys don't come around often, which is why it is rare to see a tight end drafted that high. He surely has a lot of upside, but is still a little project. Just because he is the #1 pick in this draft, it doesn't necessarily mean he is an elite prospect in the NFL.

He seems to be the conscensious best pass catching tight end in the draft, but there also seem to be questions about his blocking ability, and the physcial aspect of his game. I am not saying he will be a bust, or anything like that...and I would be happy to have him, if they traded back, and got another pick early in the draft (say late first, early-mid second)... it isn't as glamerous, but if the Bills do stick with the #9 pick, I would prefer them to grab one of the great O-linemen that will likely be available at the spot, than a tight end. My only exception to that would be, if by some miracle guys like Watkins, Evans or Mack should fall that low.

He also drop a lot of passes

If we were to trade down and then draft him I would have no problem

CBF

Ebrons drops are a bit overrated in my opinion.

The guy gets to more footballs then the average TE because of his speed and athletic ability.

Drops in heavy traffic goes with the territory... (dropped or defended well?)

Edited by dog14787

I think this thread was started by Eric Ebron. LOL. In all seriousness, Ebron is a tweener to say the least. At 6-4 and 240 pounds, he's not quite the prototypical TE that we see in the NFL today having big success. I won't disagree that he has great speed for a big guy and runs really good routes. That's all fine and good, but I have concerns that he won't be that "always open" target for EJ that we want. In addition to his tendency to drop the ball, he's also pretty poor in blocking. Attribute some of that to his weight, which again, he's a tweener. With the 9th pick, he's a solid NO. Buffalo has yet to really utilize the TE position like some other teams do, making this type of pick in the first round unwarranted. If you're going to advocate a receiving option why wouldn't you want Mike Evans. He's taller, has a bigger wingspan, better hands, and another 5 inches on his vertical. The second best receiver in the draft is still better than the best tight end.

I think this thread was started by Eric Ebron. LOL. In all seriousness, Ebron is a tweener to say the least. At 6-4 and 240 pounds, he's not quite the prototypical TE that we see in the NFL today having big success. I won't disagree that he has great speed for a big guy and runs really good routes. That's all fine and good, but I have concerns that he won't be that "always open" target for EJ that we want. In addition to his tendency to drop the ball, he's also pretty poor in blocking. Attribute some of that to his weight, which again, he's a tweener. With the 9th pick, he's a solid NO. Buffalo has yet to really utilize the TE position like some other teams do, making this type of pick in the first round unwarranted. If you're going to advocate a receiving option why wouldn't you want Mike Evans. He's taller, has a bigger wingspan, better hands, and another 5 inches on his vertical. The second best receiver in the draft is still better than the best tight end.

YES! Bills are in much better shape inside than they are outside. Moeaki, Chandler, Stevie, Freddie, cj are a nice group for the inside passing game, especially contrasted with... Woods, Graham, Goodwin, Williams... Go get EJ a legit beast WR Whaley!