What about Ralph Wilson Stadium

With the passing of our legendary owner, what happens to the "Ralph Wilson Stadium"?????

I won't even entertain the idea of the team relocating to a different city but in the event the team relocates to new location in WNY does the name fall with the current stadium or do we keep the name simply out of respect.

Naturally this isn't our decision but given the opportunity to vote would you keep the stadium name the same or sell naming right to capitalize on income???????????

Dependent on the new ownership. I could see it becoming something similar to what the Broncos did with the Mile High renovation.

"________ Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium"

Dependent on the new ownership. I could see it becoming something similar to what the Broncos did with the Mile High renovation.

"________ Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium"

IMO, that is plain dumb. Sounds redundant. Field and then stadium? Huh? Broncos thing isn't redundant. "Mile High" is a geographical area so it doesn't sound silly. They say Invesco Field @ Mile High. That's it. The word stadium gets 86'd. To me, Mile High is similar as using the term: Niagara Frontier.

IMO... Just my 2 cents.

fwiw, i don't hear 'mile high' being used as any particular region or area here, only that denver is the 'mile high city' (and is it ever)

You are right... But Denver is still the region/area and "mile high" ties it into a geographical feature of the area. Maybe how BFLO gets called the "Queen City", but I guess also, not quite. LoL

Anway... That can't possibly do anything w/the name Raplh Wilson Stadium... Either leave it or can it. Now the fieldhouse could remain w/the name forever.

Anway... That can't possibly do anything w/the name Raplh Wilson Stadium... Either leave it or can it. Now the fieldhouse could remain w/the name forever.

Somewhere in my Bills stuff, I have a pamphlet from the year when the fieldhouse was opened, named the Ralph Wilson Fieldhouse. When the stadium was re-named, the Fieldhouse became simply the Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse.

I think that the name should be kept as Ralph Wilson Stadium until there are either massive renovations or a new stadium is built. I think it would be fitting to have a big statue of Ralph Wilson put at the entrance of any new stadium or at a renovated Ralph/"insert new corporate name here" stadium.

Any smart business owner would sell the naming rights to the stadium to generate more capital. That money alone exceeds any income the toronto series generated. I would love to see Ralph Wilson's name as part of the stadium's identity though, like him or not, I think he's earned that.

Any smart business owner would sell the naming rights to the stadium to generate more capital. That money alone exceeds any income the toronto series generated. I would love to see Ralph Wilson's name as part of the stadium's identity though, like him or not, I think he's earned that.

Yeah how much is it really. ?? I think I recall when US Cellular bought the naming rights to the Sox park, New Comiskey. It is something like 20 million for 20 years if i am not mistaken. That doesn't seem like a lot. It seems more like icing on the cake for the owners. Why whore your stadium out for that kinda coin? Is the money really going to carry the team over the edge?

Yeah how much is it really. ?? I think I recall when US Cellular bought the naming rights to the Sox park, New Comiskey. It is something like 20 million for 20 years if i am not mistaken. That doesn't seem like a lot. It seems more like icing on the cake for the owners. Why whore your stadium out for that kinda coin? Is the money really going to carry the team over the edge?

It was a 20-year deal, but for $68 million. Well worth it.

It was a 20-year deal, but for $68 million. Well worth it.

Oops... Thanks for the info. I thought it was less. I suppose that is over 3 million a year set in stone. Not bad, if it was old Comiskey, I'd say no go... But the new one, no sweat off my nuts... That stadium is an abortion anyway. The architects got it right when they did Jacob's Field a few years later.