Report: Monday Night Football - Packers at Bills

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am confused lol

Are we playing the Packers or Jets on MNF?

and are we still playing the Lions on Thanksgiving?

CBF

I've heard Jets (as has Bandit). That could have changed, it could be both but they were certainly scheduled to play the Jets on Monday Night as of a week ago. I can't speak for Fox Sports Wisconsin's source, only for mine and they know. Whether or not that's changed it's possible but I doubt it. I am sticking with the Jets until I hear otherwise.

How are they going to play a double header, facing the Lions earlier in the day then flying home to face the packers at night????

The scheduling conspiracy against the Bills is getting a little out of control....

I've heard Jets (as has Bandit). That could have changed, it could be both but they were certainly scheduled to play the Jets on Monday Night as of a week ago. I can't speak for Fox Sports Wisconsin's source, only for mine and they know. Whether or not that's changed it's possible but I doubt it. I am sticking with the Jets until I hear otherwise.

Personally I hope it is the Jets. Geno will have terrible memories of his last time there, and we will make them worse.

Bills v Jets would make sense in that it's a rivalry. Bills v Packers would make sense in that it includes at least one good team in the game.

Hm.

Oh come on, any team led by Rodgers cant be that bad.

Personally I hope it is the Jets. Geno will have terrible memories of his last time there, and we will make them worse.

By that time in the season, it could be Vick. Not that it would change the gist of your post....

Maybe the Jets game is the Thursday night game. I don't think there is any way in hell that they put both the jets and bills on Monday night. That would be ratings suicide.

I did read that thanksgiving games qualify as the team's "mandatory" Thursday primetime game

Maybe the Jets game is the Thursday night game. I don't think there is any way in hell that they put both the jets and bills on Monday night. That would be ratings suicide.

Each time is required to play in one Thursday game, not necessarily a Thursday night game. Given that they play on Thanksgiving, in front of a captive audience, I doubt the Bills will be slotted for a Thursday night game.

As for MNF against the Jets, the ratings will be great as always. It doesn't take two great teams to have a competitive game, and the Bills' recent MNF games have been classic contests that come down to the last second. And of course, MNF only fields one game per week, so again, it's a captive audience scenario.

I think that is why, reportedly, they would do it for game 1. It would have juice. Unlike if they did it say, week 15 (if recent history repeats itself). MNF can't be flexed so they need to plan accordingly and put who they think will be hot matchups for playoff berths on at the end of the year. Personally I think the Bills could make the playoffs this year but I don't think it will be in a fight with the Jets to do so.

I also heard Jets "for sure" as of yesterday when I reached out to my "source" after seeing your initial post. Interestingly enough, the Packers game was not confirmed.

Thanks for your insight and willingness to share your info, it is really appreciated.