Going to Reed's Hall of Fame Enshrinement

1B4IDie

(Mods I looked in "Tailgate" and didn't see anything. I don't know where this should go but I'm thinking we might want to have a place to coordinate for those that are going to the Andre Reed HoF Enshrinement. )

1.) Who is going?

2.) Who has gone before and has advice on how to make it to the HoF, ceremony, and game that weekend?

2a.) Do Hotel's sell out that weekend, are they at a premium?

2b.) Is there a better way to get tickets than the HoF packages. I tried piecemealing some of the tickets but the retail price is not cheap.

2c) Is the secondary market better? i.e. Stub Hub and such. (SeatGeek is a Killer app https://itunes.apple...d582790430?mt=8 btw)

The packages on the HOF website certainly creates a feeling of sticker shock http://profootballho...cket-packages

But if you end up getting nickeled and dimed everywhere that weekend I'd rather just buy a hassle free package.

Thoughts?

Edited by Why So Serious?

I have been three times, each time I have done it differently. Tickets from the ceremony should be purchased as soon as you commit to going, although you can get tickets on the secondary market and on the street as you get closer to the stadium. Another option if you wish to continue your tailgating (no alcohol inside the stadium) is to park on the lawns/homes across from the stadium. People will let you park and just sit with your cooler and lawn chairs and watch the whole scene through the fences. For a first time, I would go inside, but if you have been a few times, and you want to enjoy a few adult beverages, this could be an option, just set yourself up beforehand, if you are near the stadium earlier in the day, make plans with the owners, they can be very accommodating.

I have not done the full packages, the parade is free, and when a Bills guy goes in, the Bills fans tailgate anyway, so we usually end up wherever they are.

Hotels are usually at a premium. If you haven't already started looking, get moving, the closer you are, the more it will cost. We have found cheaper options in Alliance and New Philadelphia that were under 100 per night and usually there are plenty of Bills fans around.

If you get into town early, go to the hall Friday, Saturday it is very crowded and stuffy, but on Saturdays you will run into former players ( I stood in line behind Deacon Jones at the gift shop a few years ago). On Saturday they have merchandise/memorabilia tents and activities behind the Hall that they have signings and goods for the incoming players.

I'm a little shocked at how high the ticket prices for the game are currently on stubhub. Granted the game is 4 months away

I'm in a tough spot because I can't make definite plans until late June or so

Edited by FluffHead

I'm going. Most hotels within a reasonable distance are already sold out or are 2-3 times their normal rate now. I only got tix for the enshrinement, a museum admission, and the game. The other HoF events (sponsored tailgates/parties/etc) do not hold much charm for me. The Parade downtown on Saturday is awesome. I'll be tailgating with Kenny probably Saturday pre-enshrinement and again Sunday pre-game.

I will be there as well. I went to the hall about 20 years ago but this will be the 1st enshrinement ceremony for me so I really don’t know what to expect. I know we have an all inclusive weekend package but I didn’t handle the details so am unsure if it was purchased right through the hall website or not. I do know we have a travel agent of some type but have no idea who he works for. Our package was booked the day after the announcement came out that Andre was in.

If it helps, I have heard stories of people having to stay over an hour away because all of the local hotels were booked. I have also heard the best day to tour the museum is Friday because it’s really crowded the other days.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for what others can add.

I'm staying in Boardman, OH, about an hour east of Canton... nice drive on I-70, cheap room rates because of family in the area. Tickets are easy to find and the parking isn't that bad... if you don't mind walking a bit, which was fun for me. I went to Thurman's... definitely going to this one! ;)

I will be there as well. I went to the hall about 20 years ago but this will be the 1st enshrinement ceremony for me so I really don’t know what to expect. I know we have an all inclusive weekend package but I didn’t handle the details so am unsure if it was purchased right through the hall website or not. I do know we have a travel agent of some type but have no idea who he works for. Our package was booked the day after the announcement came out that Andre was in.

If it helps, I have heard stories of people having to stay over an hour away because all of the local hotels were booked. I have also heard the best day to tour the museum is Friday because it’s really crowded the other days.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for what others can add.

If you have any details that will be cool.

I'm going. Most hotels within a reasonable distance are already sold out or are 2-3 times their normal rate now. I only got tix for the enshrinement, a museum admission, and the game. The other HoF events (sponsored tailgates/parties/etc) do not hold much charm for me. The Parade downtown on Saturday is awesome. I'll be tailgating with Kenny probably Saturday pre-enshrinement and again Sunday pre-game.

i was going to add but this sums it up pretty good.

I have some additional details to share for our HOF weekend trip that some may be interested in. Our package was purchased through a travel agent with Sports, Travel and Tours. The package we have booked is called the “Absolutely Everything Package” which includes accommodations at Comfort Inn Canton. All of the details of this package and the others that they offer can be found on their website http://www.sportstravelandtours.com/.

My parents actually purchased the package. They went a few years ago when Ralph & Bruce were inducted and knowing my Dad, I’m sure he did a ridiculous amount of research for that trip and decided on this travel agent at that time. Since he had booked with them before, he was able to reserve these packages a day before they went on sale so I am not sure how much research he did this time around. I do not believe he did very much because they were in the middle of a vacation when he told me he purchased them. Based on this, I can’t say for sure that this was a cheaper way to go this time around but am sure it was back in 2009.

I briefly compared this package to those offered on the HOF website and for the most part they appear to include many of the same basic things but they are not exactly the same. So the travel agent is not just selling the same package that the HOF is…but they are very close. I would imagine other travel agents across the country could have different packages as well.

I hope this helps. If anyone wants to say hello in August, we’ll be the family wearing Bills HOF jerseys: Mom has a #59 Ralph Wilson Jersey, Dad has a Bruce Smith jersey, I’ll have on one of my Andre Reed jerseys and my wife will be wearing her Jim Kelly jersey…assuming it still fits over her growing belly.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection