Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump said he was approached by a group of businessmen. Also said Kelly is staying in one of his apartments in NY. It's kind of interesting not so much because it is Trump talking, but because of what he said. It seems there is a group of businessmen looking into purchasing the Bills and it sounds like local businessmen. I wouldn't put too much stock in Trump as an owner because it merely sounds like this group is looking for investors.

Trump said he was approached by a group of businessmen. Also said Kelly is staying in one of his apartments in NY. It's kind of interesting not so much because it is Trump talking, but because of what he said. It seems there is a group of businessmen looking into purchasing the Bills and it sounds like local businessmen. I wouldn't put too much stock in Trump as an owner because it merely sounds like this group is looking for investors.

I had always had a fear that when Jim spoke about "keeping the Bills in Buffalo" for a long, long time, that Donald Trump might be part of that plan.

Thanks Disco for giving us some better context.

Invest away Donald ! as long as its not a majority of the stake and a general consensus sounding similar to the interview with respecting the the city of Buffalo .

this headline has been built out of a bunch of nothing

Amazing how nothing becomes something when the media cranks it up , then the spinning , then maybe traction .

But its fun to consider that interest is out there .

In an indirect way, he helped the Bills go to 4 Super Bowl. If he didn't push to take on the NFL, the USFL could have remained in operation for a number of years and Jim Kelly would have never been a Bills QB. No Kelly, no Super Bowls. So we have a lot to thank him for already.

Not quite. If Trump and others did not push to take on the NFL, then Kelly never signs with the USFL to begin with.

Trump and others did not want to wait 10-15 years for the USFL to become big enough like the NFL. They wanted to play with the big boys right out of the gate.

So they offered and signed players like Kelly and Herschel Walker to ridiculous contracts.

Three years and a crap load of debt later, the USFL had no choice but to sue the NFL and grab a chunk of the revenue stream.

If anything, if Trump and the others had stuck to the original plan, there would have been 2 football leagues (unless the merged), and the Bills would still have kept Kelly.

Amazing how nothing becomes something when the media cranks it up , then the spinning , then maybe traction .

But its fun to consider that interest is out there .

I'm still not totally sure this isn't an April Fools joke. Did anyone actually hear this interview on WBEN?

If this was a joke, it would be hilarious how far it has gone.

They just discussed it on PTI.

And nobody at ESPN could be fooled?!

Actually I remember one year near the baseball trade deadline, somebody from the Phillies told ESPN's Peter Gammons that they were going to trade catcher Darren Daulton, who was in his prime at the time. Gammons reported it and then later found out he had been duped.

Merely seeking more publicity, Trump thrives on it. The reality is he doesn't have enough money to buy the Bills. No matter how much money he wants you to think he has.

Not knowing anything about his finances, he certainly has the assets to buy the Bills if he wanted to raise the cash to do so. It's just unknown how much he'd have to raise. More over, it's not known what level of ownership he'd be interested in and/or needed for.

Not quite. If Trump and others did not push to take on the NFL, then Kelly never signs with the USFL to begin with.

Trump and others did not want to wait 10-15 years for the USFL to become big enough like the NFL. They wanted to play with the big boys right out of the gate.

So they offered and signed players like Kelly and Herschel Walker to ridiculous contracts.

Three years and a crap load of debt later, the USFL had no choice but to sue the NFL and grab a chunk of the revenue stream.

If anything, if Trump and the others had stuck to the original plan, there would have been 2 football leagues (unless the merged), and the Bills would still have kept Kelly.

Yes, and for that lawsuit the jury awarded the USFL $1. LOL!

Not knowing anything about his finances, he certainly has the assets to buy the Bills if he wanted to raise the cash to do so. It's just unknown how much he'd have to raise. More over, it's not known what level of ownership he'd be interested in and/or needed for.

From what I've read about him, he has a lot of assets but they are leveraged and he is, relatively speaking, cash poor when compared against his total net worth.

And nobody at ESPN could be fooled?!

Actually I remember one year near the baseball trade deadline, somebody from the Phillies told ESPN's Peter Gammons that they were going to trade catcher Darren Daulton, who was in his prime at the time. Gammons reported it and then later found out he had been duped.

There's a difference between "reporting" something, and holding a segment of a talk show about it. Trump's interest in the Bills may be fabricated, but I'm sure it's been expressed.

As per Joe B Twitter

He was asked last week by a group if he would be interested in being part of their plan to buy the Bills.

I remember him saying he is a big Bills fan because they are the only NY based team to actually play in the state of NY and that he has a close friendship with Jim Kelly

CBF

as long as he keeps the team here and we win, I'm all for it.