Game of Thrones: Season 4

Kevin

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are satisfied with an abridged and altered version of the story ..... stick with the show

There are many layers to Arrya that are intriguing in the books.

Content and satisfied so far.

they are soon to be at the end of one maybe two story lines at the pace they are going while so much more needs to be shown with others.

I believe the creators worked it out with Martin, they know where he's going and have been given insight into the final two books. I think it's kind of neat how the series is shaking out, it's an interesting blend of the intense time pressures of TV production schedules mixed with the leisurely writing pace that most novelists enjoy. Makes me wonder if this will slow Martin's pace on the books or if the pressure will make him write faster.

I believe the creators worked it out with Martin, they know where he's going and have been given insight into the final two books. I think it's kind of neat how the series is shaking out, it's an interesting blend of the intense time pressures of TV production schedules mixed with the leisurely writing pace that most novelists enjoy. Makes me wonder if this will slow Martin's pace on the books or if the pressure will make him write faster.

There is a famous guy who does the audiobooks for GoT by the name of Roy Dotrice -- the guy just turned 90 and recently was treated for cancer. Amazing voice work -- had to create (and consistently use) more than 300 different voices for the fifth book, apparently. Probably aren't many other people out there who could do the voice work for these books with such skill, so there are a lot of people out there hoping GRRM can finish these books soon so Roy can voice them all.

Supposedly GRRM contacted Roy on his 90th birthday and told him to get ready for the next book, probably before the end of this year...

There is a famous guy who does the audiobooks for GoT by the name of Roy Dotrice -- the guy just turned 90 and recently was treated for cancer. Amazing voice work -- had to create (and consistently use) more than 300 different voices for the fifth book, apparently. Probably aren't many other people out there who could do the voice work for these books with such skill, so there are a lot of people out there hoping GRRM can finish these books soon so Roy can voice them all.

Supposedly GRRM contacted Roy on his 90th birthday and told him to get ready for the next book, probably before the end of this year...

That's really cool, had no idea about any of that. I'll definitely check out the audio books now to hear Roy. Thanks!

I heard, as well (maybe somebody can confirm?) that Martin has given his blessings to Benioff & Weiss to finish the story, if he doesn't live long enough to finish the books. Apparently Martin has some serious health issues?

The hound is by far my favorite character. Just the right amount of Brawn and Brains.

I've never read the books so don't take this as a spoiler. Just one guys useless speculation

But watching The Hound and Aria, I think The Hound goes out Christopher Multisanti(sic) style.

Something is going to happen. They're going to get jumped and he gets stabbed or hit by an arrow. Or he falls off his horse. He will befall some unfortunate event not caused by Aria. But when given the opportunity to save The Hound, Aria will either deliver the coup de gras or simply walk away and leave The Hound to die

For those who watched last night -- what did Tyrion do to Varis in the past to result in that testimony?

Nothing that I can remember. I just assumed is was a strategical move by Varys. Why jump onto a sinking ship?

Nothing that I can remember. I just assumed is was a strategical move by Varys. Why jump onto a sinking ship?

I dunno...that "I never forget" line suggested there's a history...maybe you're right, though. Another solid episode!

For those who watched last night -- what did Tyrion do to Varis in the past to result in that testimony?

I don't think there's a reason other than Varys being a scheming little weasel who wants to be as close to the Iron Throne as possible.

Remember, it's "Game of Thrones," not "Game of Third Period Study Hall." Not everyone's motivated by interpersonal relationships, and those that are (e.g. Tyrion, Catelyn and Robb Stark, Ygritte) tend to lose for it in the end.

my theory: previously varys acted like he did things for "the good of the realm," but in the scene with oberyn he as much as said his goal is the throne. Once tywin is gone, tyrion would be the only real lannister threat to his goal.

only the spider knows.

how far would he get if he defended Tyrion? What of Shae's betrayal?

its whats to come that should satisfy the viewers.

Read something earlier today (sorry no link) that I thought was pretty funny...the scene a couple of weeks ago, where Dany and company come upon Mareern, the guy shouting the insults toward her and her army: this was dialogue lifted, in tribute, from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Haven't seen Holy Grail in about 20 years, but I thought that was pretty cool. Apparently, there have been a number of "easter eggs" like this in the foreign tongues spoken on the show, over the years.

Peter Dinklage continues to impress me with the subtlety of his acting.

Really enjoyed that episode, lots of things clarified with semi emotional back stories. Last 3 episodes are going to be exciting. :)

i really liked the scene with oberyn. You knew it was coming, his offer, but the emotion evoked with the story of their first meeting was great.

i really liked the scene with oberyn. You knew it was coming, his offer, but the emotion evoked with the story of their first meeting was great.

Yeah, they really did a nice job setting that up.

Mellisandra nude was a strong 7. Danneris has to be packing the goods no ?

I recall seeing a story online a while back about one of the female cast members being opposed to showing further nudity. I don't think the specific cast member was named, but if I recall correctly the general thought was that it was Daenerys.

Ah, here it is, from a year ago:

'Game of Thrones' actress refuses more nude scenes, cast member claims

Edited by Rubes

I recall seeing a story online a while back about one of the female cast members being opposed to showing further nudity. I don't think the specific cast member was named, but if I recall correctly the general thought was that it was Daenerys.

Ah, here it is, from a year ago:

'Game of Thrones' actress refuses more nude scenes, cast member claims

Oona...she was the hottest of all, to me... :blush: Gorgeous!

So, what, she wouldn't do more nude scenes, so they killed her off? For you book readers, was she killled in the book? I thought I had read that she survived the red wedding in the novel...

Edited by Buftex

Oona...she was the hottest of all, to me... :blush: Gorgeous!

So, what, she wouldn't do more nude scenes, so they killed her off? For you book readers, was she killled in the book? I thought I had read that she survived the red wedding in the novel...

sorry for that you need to go to the readers thread ..

or not? is it a spoiler? No, can't be if she's "dead". You do mean THE same Oona that is/was the Wolf Kings pregnant wife at the bloody wedding ....

thrones23f-1-web.jpg?enlarged

Last known sighting of Oona Chaplin

for her protection (and to not piss off Walder Fray further) they left King Robb's wife safe at Riverrun

speculation she may be carrying the young wolfs child,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Okie dokie then...any thoughts as to how the Imp might get out of this one?

I've been thinking about it...some possibilities:

1. Jaime smuggles him out

2. Stannis attacks the city again?

3. The attack on The Wall somehow makes him useful since he's been there?

4. He's !@#$ed.

Okie dokie then...any thoughts as to how the Imp might get out of this one?

I could tell you but that would ruin the surprise

oops sorry surprises

Loved Arya at the end.

.0Zc7f4d.gif

the poor hound got kicked again

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever