Game of Thrones: Season 4

Kevin

baby steps, every now and then you fall down

we'll see how he's portrayed in the weeks to come.

the local was a bit "wrong".

FTR I still like his character. I'm just assuming a lot of people will reverse course on how they view him.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my favorite part of the most recent episode was the wilding attack on the village. Right before the first kill, that about sums up life in the seven kingdoms. Was it bad that I laughed out loud when the arrow hit the dude in the noggin?

Probably...

Also, the Hound's monologue about why he took the silver was perhaps the best speech in the show so far -- and there have been a lot of good speeches.

The scene where Jamie takes Cersei was pretty awkward. Talk about wrong place wrong time. It surprised me because, going back to about halfway through last season, his character has been going through an image transformation. We were getting pushed to view him as a good man or as a tragic hero even. They did this by revealing the real reason he killed the Mad King and by showing him save Brienne from bad situations on multiple occasions. Whelp, so much for that. Back to being a hated character.

Interesting take; I took a different perspective. I haven't read the books, mind you, so many of you will know whether or not I'm completely off base, but I viewed this scene as the first in which Jamie finally says "eff you" to Cersei, in an admittedly literal way. It seemed to me he was genuinely shocked by Cersei's "demand" that he kill Tyrion, and the complete lack of emotion over Joffrey's death is telling. I'm guessing Jamie and Tyrion become closer as the season progresses.

Mother !@#$ing Little Finger.

The lttlefinger actor is comically bad in this role...huge contrast with the rest of the actors I don't know why he trys to pretend he's a dastardly evil pirate all the time it just sounds ridiculous.

Interesting take; I took a different perspective. I haven't read the books, mind you, so many of you will know whether or not I'm completely off base, but I viewed this scene as the first in which Jamie finally says "eff you" to Cersei, in an admittedly literal way. It seemed to me he was genuinely shocked by Cersei's "demand" that he kill Tyrion, and the complete lack of emotion over Joffrey's death is telling. I'm guessing Jamie and Tyrion become closer as the season progresses.

I agree and hope you are right. My take was just based on how I think a large portion of the audience will view him after watching him rape his sister next to his sons corpse.

I find Littlefinger to be the creepiest character in the show so far. Part of me hopes he dies soon. Part of me hopes he somehow becomes the big baddie.

Only the Shadow Knows aka George R.R. Martin and the shows writers

I agree and hope you are right. My take was just based on how I think a large portion of the audience will view him after watching him rape his sister next to his sons corpse.

READ THE BOOKS

sorry but you just have to,

READ THE BOOKS

sorry but you just have to,

I've actually been planning on reading them when the series ends.

Edit: I just saw several articles talking about the backlash the episode has received and I now get why you posted READ THE BOOKS. People are killing the director for changing the scene from how it went down in the book to how it was portrayed in the show.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I've actually been planning on reading them [1] when the series ends.

[2]

Edit: I just saw several articles talking about the backlash the episode has received and I now get why you posted READ THE BOOKS. People are killing the director for changing the scene from how it went down in the book to how it was portrayed in the show.

[1] slight problem - the series may end before the books are written unless Martin hustles up. meaning the show is outpacing the books

[2] I'm still surprised that the big impact change I hinted at wasn't talked about as much

that scene was a difference difference maker WRT the character development ... sorry TMI for this thread

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The lttlefinger actor is comically bad in this role...huge contrast with the rest of the actors I don't know why he trys to pretend he's a dastardly evil pirate all the time it just sounds ridiculous.

Really? I think he is really good. Pulls off the perfect blend of sincerity and smarminess that the role calls for.

Really? I think he is really good. Pulls off the perfect blend of sincerity and smarminess that the role calls for.

I liked him in season 1. Since then it has been rapidly downhill culminating with this most recent episode. He's too over the top (lacking the subtely most other characters have in their performance) and most of all HE CHANGES HIS VOICE. Not only was his voice ridiculous last Sunday but scene to scene he may be speaking with a completely different voice.

Seriously boot up your DVR and watch that scene on the boat 1 more time focusing on his acting. You may not agree that it is terrible but you definitely see my point.

Edited by MoreOffense

I've never been able to take Littlefinger seriously, not so much because of his acting but more because he's a dead ringer for a professor I had once. The fact he was one of my all time favorite professors who I still have beers with made all the brothel scenes a bit more hilarious than the creators probably intended.

It took me about a season and a half to figure out who the Joffrey actor reminded me of. Then it hit me: Robin Colcord from Cheers. All the mannerisms are the same. It's uncanny.

But anyway, how satisfying was it to see Joffrey choke to death? I really enjoyed that very much.

It took me about a season and a half to figure out who the Joffrey actor reminded me of. Then it hit me: Robin Colcord from Cheers. All the mannerisms are the same. It's uncanny.

But anyway, how satisfying was it to see Joffrey choke to death? I really enjoyed that very much.

I saw a meme on Facebook, with Joffrey and Nellie from "Little House On the Prarie" side by side...the resemblence was pretty uncanny!