How About some O.T's

oman128

They need to take OT first round period.

Then take another in the 4th round that can play both G and OT.

I know mock drafts don't mean much, the only one that counts is the real one. But the the OL players that actually are good bets keep creeping up the boards in the mocks. After the early 3rd few have any talent left at OL, and most of those players used to be comfortably 3rd or 4th.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cleveland will be a good trade partner. They will get their QB at 9 is my guess

Unless we see one of the top two OTs drop to us, I see a trade for the Cleveland 26 our best option. We get their 2nd, maybe a 4th and a higher round. They have the extra pics to make it work for them. We get OL in the 1st. A TE and LB in the 2nd. The rest of the draft we get BPA at need.

Unless Matthews falls I wouldn't take one at 9--there's too much talent in this group to take a guy like Lewan or Martin that high, especially when they can get guys like Moses, Richardson, Ja'Wuan James, Bitonio, Mewhort, etc later on.

Take BPA at 9 and fill needs in rounds 2-7; free agency has certainly given the team the flexibility to do so.

2 weeks ago, I felt like MLB was a pretty big hole on the team... Then we signed Spikes. Then I've been thinking we go WR at 9, with Evans... Now we trade for Williams. Our weaknesses are really becoming a strength before the draft even arrives. This is shaping up for a very BPS draft, but am still not off of Evans at #9. Whatever it is, I feel like this will be a Very interesting draft, including possible trade and going after a surprise player early that is at a position we don't think is a need, but is a BPA pick. Like a 2nd round RB, or first round LBer. Or a TE at 9.

I like your comments, but now that we have Williams, Watkins will go high, maybe St. Louis, and the Bucs will definitely take Evans. They need a tandem for McKown, like he had in Chicago. Jeffries and Marshall are big and so is V. Jackson. That excites me as I wanted Ebron all along, and get a RT in the 2nd. I'm also after the Bills a Bucs fan and Evans and Jackson will be pretty special together. Hopefully both my teams breakout this year.

its a bit of a reach, but I say get ebron at 9. he's got the rare size, speed, and hands combo that makes him too athletic for lbs to keep up with and too big for dbs to cover

I just can't get on board with Ebron at 9...the point about the size/speed combo just doesn't resonate with me when I look at a guy like Kelvin Benjamin who's bigger & faster and a better receiver. If Ebron were an accomplished blocker that would make a difference, but I don't see that as a big strength of his. I rate Ebron as a top 20 guy that will be over-drafted IMO.

I just can't get on board with Ebron at 9...the point about the size/speed combo just doesn't resonate with me when I look at a guy like Kelvin Benjamin who's bigger & faster and a better receiver. If Ebron were an accomplished blocker that would make a difference, but I don't see that as a big strength of his. I rate Ebron as a top 20 guy that will be over-drafted IMO.

Agreed . Not a god fit for Marrone either. He is going want a balanced TE. and he might be happy with what he has for this season.

build the line!

Hell yes !!

Richardson is a very good run blocker, but not very good pass blocking. Speed rushers give him problems. Wouldn't recommend him at 9. I like Lewan and Matthews. Lewan is nasty. He runs blocks with a mean streak and has the footwork to get out there with the speed rushers. Matthews is a technician. Morgan Moses would be another ideal RT in rd 2.

With the Williams trade, its going to be TE1/OT2 or OT1/TE 2

Jake Matthews would be a gift to us at 9. Wouldn't be upset with Lewan at 9 either.

I still think WR is in the mix for the first two picks if the value is right. William is a nice addition to our receivers, but there is still some risk in there beause of his off the field issues. The bills really shouldnt write off the postion just because they aquired him

Richardson is a very good run blocker, but not very good pass blocking. Speed rushers give him problems. Wouldn't recommend him at 9. I like Lewan and Matthews. Lewan is nasty. He runs blocks with a mean streak and has the footwork to get out there with the speed rushers. Matthews is a technician. Morgan Moses would be another ideal RT in rd 2.

Richardson?

I don’t know where this belief comes from that there are going to be all those decent Oline players available “in the later rounds”. After the 2nd, here are your choices in rounds 3-5. None of them scream anything like starter, much less “sure thing” to me. If you want a decent chance at a starter, you need to grab them 1st or 2nd round. To me either one of the big two at 9, if one of them surprisingly drops. Or you get yours in the 2nd.

Billy Turner North Dakota State 3

JaWuan James Tennessee 3-4

Cameron Fleming Stanford 4

James Hurst North Carolina 4

Charles Leno Boise State 5

I don’t know where this belief comes from that there are going to be all those decent Oline players available “in the later rounds”. After the 2nd, here are your choices in rounds 3-5. None of them scream anything like starter, much less “sure thing” to me. If you want a decent chance at a starter, you need to grab them 1st or 2nd round. To me either one of the big two at 9, if one of them surprisingly drops. Or you get yours in the 2nd.

Billy Turner North Dakota State 3

JaWuan James Tennessee 3-4

Cameron Fleming Stanford 4

James Hurst North Carolina 4

Charles Leno Boise State 5

Agreed. I think way too many people are taking the whole "deepest draft" thing way too far. Some talking heads claimed there are starting OT's in the 4th round.. not anyone I would want starting for the Bills.

They need to take a OT in the 1st or 2nd, bottom line. I personally would rather have a blue chipper in the 1st & be set at OT for the next decade. Matthews or Lewan would work for me. I especially like the fact that Lewan is known for his mean streak. This team needs more players like that. Adding Spikes on D was a great move along those lines. Pairing Woods with another nasty linemen would be ideal.

With the recent FA acquisitions and trade for Williams plus how deep this draft appears for OL, it wouldn't surprise me to see a trade back and pick up 2 OL's with our first 2 picks in this draft. Think about the talent in this draft and how relatively inexpensive the rookie contracts are. We could end up with the most dominant OL in football for several years for cheap.

I believe we have a solid receiving corp and may have adequate TE's in Chandler and Moeaki if the staff feels he is completely healthy.

I wouldn't be mad if we can trade back a few slots, pick up and extra 4th-5th round pick and get a couple OL studs to secure our line for years.

I still think WR is in the mix for the first two picks if the value is right. William is a nice addition to our receivers, but there is still some risk in there beause of his off the field issues. The bills really shouldnt write off the postion just because they aquired him

I think the off the field risks are overblown, however troublesome. It hasn't affected his play on the field and if Tampa wasn't in a position to draft a top WR, they may have kept him. I think they tired of him, but he is still plenty useful. The Bills may tire of him after a couple years too, but this guy gets about 7-8 TD's a year. That's huge.

I think the off the field risks are overblown, however troublesome. It hasn't affected his play on the field and if Tampa wasn't in a position to draft a top WR, they may have kept him. I think they tired of him, but he is still plenty useful. The Bills may tire of him after a couple years too, but this guy gets about 7-8 TD's a year. That's huge.

I think it can go both ways with him, but there is def concern there with his off the field issues. Getting stabbed by your brother? I mean, that isn't that far from missing games had it happen this season.... he got kicked off the team under marrone at syracuse... last year, Dareus, who doesn't seem to have off the field issues, at least no publicly, got benched for 3 quarters last season. It isn't a stretch to say this guy will miss playing time on this team due to being a trouble maker, whether is is something small or big, I don't have much confidence in him as a long term answer. But I think it the short term, he will be a nice shot of fire power the offense needs. So I like the trade, but I don't see the bills passing on evans or watkins unless they REALLY love an OT that falls to them. I guess there is a chance for ebron or a LB, but I don't think they go after ebron except in a trade down like last year, and I think they have too many high draft picks on defense already I think they are investing more on offense now

That was my thinking too, they are set up to trade back. I think they could even do a swap with Cleveland's pick at 26(?).

I can def see them trading back now that they got another Williams. Zac Martin would be a great addition, and Yankey I believe from Stanford can also play OT, as well as Richardson from Baylor. 2 guys, plus a DE and ILB. I see the Bills drafting OL and run-stuffers.

I can def see them trading back now that they got another Williams. Zac Martin would be a great addition, and Yankey I believe from Stanford can also play OT, as well as Richardson from Baylor. 2 guys, plus a DE and ILB. I see the Bills drafting OL and run-stuffers.

I like DE Crichton as an R2 possibility. He just visited OBD.

I go back and forth on whether I think it is best idea to take an OT at 9, but I think acquiring Mike Williams sees our chances of drafting Evans decrease, mostly because I think TB will take him at 7, I think the Bills will draft a WR, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. With the deep WR draft, I think our chances of getting a good one at our spots in those rounds is high.

The Bills appear to be in win-now mode moreso than in previous years. Maybe because they have a good defense and also because, with new ownership looming, Whaley and Marrone feel added pressure to win this year or possibly be replaced as part of a new regime. But as we all know, any success (i.e, a playoff berth) is mostly dependent on the QB. They have been steadfast in saying they are rolling with EJ as the starter and are all-in on his development. The most critical part of this will be to keep him healthy and on the field. Therefore, I see them going with the best OT available when they pick at 9, and then adding an OG somewhere in the 2nd-4th rd. The OL is the most critical part of the offense to improve, IMO, right now post-FA in order for this team to make the playoffs. It is the only way to try to control his health (obviously he could still get hurt, but they would be doing whatever they can to prevent it), keep him on the field, and determine if he is the franchise QB they were hoping for. I think this is why they went hard after WRs this FA who they thought had #1 WR potential but they could get cheap (Britt, Jackson (ended up not being cheap so withdrew), MW). IMO, they are saving cap space to extend Dareus and Glenn, and possibly Spiller but I think they are preparing in case he voids the last year of his deal and can make more in FA. I hope we take Matthews as I am not a Lewan fan, but if they feel he is the right pick I will hope for the best with him.