How About some O.T's

oman128

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could go RT in round two, for sure it needs to be addressed in the first two rounds but I think tightend is just as glaring a need. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a RT in round 2 and then grab another for depth in round 4-5. But I think its more than likely they go early on RT. Barring a trade down I think they go offense in both round 1 and 2 and then just go for depth and best player available in the mid to late rounds.

I can see a trade down in the first to nab HaHa clinton dix and then OT and TE in the 2nd. I think that would be solid. This defence has a chance to be really solid and it would suck if we have to watch our only inexperianced weak links meeks/duke williams get beat deep all year.

Edited by CJallDAY

My draft hope is Jake Mathews falls to 9, and we draft Xavier the guard from UCLA- then BPA rest of draft. A better line would help CJ and Fred, benefit EJ, make it

tough for an opposing CB stick with Woods and Goodwin, and help keep our defense well rested and off the field. I have high hopes for the draft and great expectations for the Bills this season

We need at least three OLinemen in this draft. It is our weakest unit by a long shot. If it were up to me I'd take an OT in the first, G in the second, and OT in the third. I'd take a G/C in the 5th as well. We desperately need to fix our line.

go for Lewan if available at 9. If not trade down and get one of the next tier OT's and hopefully a second second round choice to fill two other areas of weakness. I'd pick up another offensive lineman in the lower rounds.

I'm assuming everyone realizes this, but trading down(or up)requires another team to want to trade with you. I see people all the time suggesting these trades as if it's a simple choice to move up or down. The other team needs a reason to do it too.

I'm assuming everyone realizes this, but trading down(or up)requires another team to want to trade with you. I see people all the time suggesting these trades as if it's a simple choice to move up or down. The other team needs a reason to do it too.

Thanks for reiterating this. I get frustrated when people say the Bills should have traded further down to take EJ later, etc. It is not a unilateral move to trade up or down, they have very little time to make something happen, and they have to make sure they get the value they want in return in any trade.

Wow...Thomas was a near lock to be a top 45 pick...if he drops into the 3rd he'll be a huge value pick assuming he regains his pre-injury form.

I agree - for a team that may not need him to start on day 1 but could await him to rehab, great value pick should he fall (I assume he will).

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1h

Brandon Thomas' film as a run-blocker was tremendous, and he handled Jadeveon Clowney well. Unfortunate. A team will get him at great value.

Actually I recommend trading down only for a really good trade opportunity. The ninth pick has X value in the abstract. If Johnny Football or someone's dream player makes it past 8 the price of the ninth spot goes up. If not Take Lewan with 9 the best TE in round two and the best WR in round 3.

I need a draft.....and I need it bad. No disrespect to anyone posting on here, as your interesting opinions keep me somewhat sustained through these doldrums. However, I keep going to TSW and seeing the same subjects (like this one) about whom we should select. Maybe we need a tackle, maybe we need a receiver or tight end....I don't know....I just don't know. Every now and then there is a fresh bit of info (like the Williams trade) but for the most part I am just dying to read discussions about actual players who will be part of the Bills. Sorry for the interruption....please continue....just needed to vent.

I need a draft.....and I need it bad. No disrespect to anyone posting on here, as your interesting opinions keep me somewhat sustained through these doldrums. However, I keep going to TSW and seeing the same subjects (like this one) about whom we should select. Maybe we need a tackle, maybe we need a receiver or tight end....I don't know....I just don't know. Every now and then there is a fresh bit of info (like the Williams trade) but for the most part I am just dying to read discussions about actual players who will be part of the Bills. Sorry for the interruption....please continue....just needed to vent.

The thread on pre-draft visits might help... not a predictor of who they will take but a good reference point on some players who may end up being on the Bills.

Build the line just like New England has done since Bill Belichick took over.

I have always equated rushing touchdowns & sacks allowed as a true measure of the quality of an offensive line.

Since 2000....

New England leads the NFL in rush touchdowns with 231, we only have 155 ranked #27.

Since 2000 we have allowed the #3 most sacks 583, New England is #25 at 449.

Off topic: Dean, I just notice your avatar with Jim and Hunter Kelly for the first time just now and it hit me...and in a moment I almost started crying right there and then.

My wife and I are expecting our first and seeing Hunter there so small, so innocent with his father who is going through his own pain...it just sort of hit me hard and all at once.

Sorry for veering off, guys. I just had to acknowledge it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The thread on pre-draft visits might help... not a predictor of who they will take but a good reference point on some players who may end up being on the Bills.

Thanks Yolo...have been keeping up with those visits....just venting because I am like a kid before Christmas who just can't wait to see what I actually will get. I think the later draft date is really getting to me.

Off topic: Dean, I just notice your avatar with Jim and Hunter Kelly for the first time just now and it hit me...and in a moment I almost started crying right there and then.

My wife and I are expecting our first and seeing Hunter there so small, so innocent with his father who is going through his own pain...it just sort of hit me hard and all at once.

Sorry for veering off, guys. I just had to acknowledge it.

Yep thats quite a snapshot.

As a father of four young adults and knowing the story .

:thumbsup:

I would be rather jubilant with a Robinson or Jake. And very pleased with an Evans . Giddy with Mack (regardless of Schwartzes defense or need )

But i want Carlos Hyde in the second. So i hope we can trade back and get the RT , CH and a starting guard by the third round .

But NickelCity is right we need 3 solid OL to get the Offense up and running full bore.

Exception is if Hairston can return to form and be our swing tackle for depth this year . Chris's condition weighs heavy on my mindt

Thanks Yolo...have been keeping up with those visits....just venting because I am like a kid before Christmas who just can't wait to see what I actually will get. I think the later draft date is really getting to me.

Keep in mind friend that when the Bills give the presents , they are not always what we wished for

: )