Buffalobills.com: Get to know Alexandra Vitale

I can't apologize because I don't want to listen to a woman talk about football as a broadcaster, or a writer. I do not believe any of them is good at it. I have listened, I have read, not one good one.

If you want to listen to vague takes and sideline reporter silly questions, go ahead..

Can you at least apologize for your horrible grammar? :)

He baited you into that one. Was waiting for you to try to call him out. +1 for Security

"any" is singular. And it must take the singular verb. "I dont believe any (one) of you is better than michael jordan." We are only talking about one at a time when we use "any."

Carry on, sir.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He baited you into that one. Was waiting for you to try to call him out. +1 for Security

"any" is singular. And it must take the singular verb. "I dont believe any (one) of you is better than michael jordan." We are only talking about one at a time when we use "any."

Carry on, sir.

I do not believe any of (those three people) are better than michael jordan.

Edited by BlueFire

Carry on, sir.

Exception to the rule, I used to teach English, you give preference in usage to the more comfortable sounding and commonly used. And don't try to argue with me, don't have time or interest, just know I am right ;) . It is also okay to start a sentence with and or but, BTW.

Also "any" in this case is not singular, any of them implies plural, more than one.

Edited by bowery4

WRT other women sports reporters ...

Lyndsey Czarniak is pretty good at sports reporting. She jumped for NBC 4 in DC to the big names and is still doing a good job.

LC++++++++++++++++1+++++++++++++++.png

I can't apologize because I don't want to listen to a woman talk about football as a broadcaster, or a writer. I do not believe any of them is good at it. I have listened, I have read, not one good one.

If you want to listen to vague takes and sideline reporter silly questions, go ahead..

We will.

I hear Mz Palin was a sports reporter once. Look where that got her.

Has SDS invited her here yet?

well maybe not this thread.....

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Jemele Hill is an all around monster and Kara Lawson knows basketball inside and out

Jemele Hill irritates the hell out of me, and I have no idea who Kara Lawson is, but if we're nominating good sportswriters who are women, I'll chip in with our local Amy Moritz.

And Lori sure knows her football. She's not here anymore, but she is on twitter at @LChase_RA.

Meh....I would agree than Erin Andrews sucks however there are tons of women in sports that are solid and might know more than you.

Doris Burke (nba) Linda Cohn (espn) are very solid. Ain't nothing wrong w Kolber, Spake, Beadle among others as well.

IMO, Doris Burke is a top-5 college bball announcer. Really awesome and knowledgeable.

A woman gets a nice job to report on your favorite team and all you testosterone fueled posters start mentally undressing her. This is just terrible. I am ashamed to be associated with this lot.

That said, I surely would.

Sigh, must be tough to be a woman on this board.

Although I find it mildly hilarious that all the Buffalo sports reporters are introducing themselves publicly to her on twitter - did they do that to Chris Brown?

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Carry on, sir.

What about the run on and general lack of anything resembling style? When you do it in every post, its not baiting. Its illiteracy.

Yea I think everyone likes Beadle. I've got a thing for Nicole Zaloumis on NFLnetwork, she's pretty good as well.

I think I like em all but Erin Andrews which is odd because she probably makes the most $$$$ because she's hot.

I used to love Beadle...then she disappered to NBC Sports, which I like. But no Beadle to be found! Then, the other night, flipping past ESPN2 and, whoa! Beadle is back on ESPN "SportsNation". Without Colin Cowherd!!!! That is great...must admit, I rarely watch ESPN any more (I prefer NBC Sports "Football Talk" to any of ESPN's NFL shows in the off-season), but I may make it part of my semi-regular rotation again, with Beadle being back!

where would you put it though? :thumbsup:

Like your avatar! For a second there, I thought Jim was doing double barrelled flip-off! :lol:

To Archie Bunkers' point...the ratio of good/terrible female sports reporters is about equal to the ratio of good/terrible male sports reporters.