Tasteless article about Mr. Wilsons death by Toronto writer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He thinks the biggest obstacle to getting the Bills to move to Toronto is the welfare of the Argonauts? Wow. Can you get more pompous that that?

I think there are more than a few people in Buffalo, the state of New York, and the United States of America who want to keep the Bills here for maybe just a few other reasons that might prove bigger obstacles to his dream.

Edited by DC Greg

There is only so much bad Bills news/press/etc. that a fan can take - I had my fill after reading this story and here is my response to that ass clown. Don't care if I ever get a response. FWIW:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

To: "ckelly@thestar.ca" <ckelly@thestar.ca>

Subject: 3/25 article on Ralph Wilson

You are an ass. While much more vulgar words are more fitting to describe you, hopefully your myopic mind is able to grasp the irreverant and callous nature of your published article in the Toronto Star newspaper involving Ralph Wilson.

While there is a litany of problems associated with your garbage article (starting with the very insensitive 4th paragraph - "Now that he's gone, they can begin building the next iteration of the NFL...."), you make assertions that are not based in factual research - "Wilson was admired but never loved" - that's why thousands of fans regularly showed up on gameday in shirts and equipped with signs that read "in Ralph We Trust", or the stadium is affectionately known as "The Ralph" to Bills fans - oh but you probably wouldn't know this because your only experience was at the annual game in your POS city in front of sparse crowd of fair weather canadian "fans."

Speaking of nonsense - you are quick to point out Ralph Wilson as a "notorious cheapskate" with a "hint of megalomania" for having a stadium named after him (funny since the rogers center is a decrepit, sorry excuse for a stadium named after your own megalomaniac). I guess you overlook the fact that the same "cheapskate" Wilson signed two players to the richest contracts in NFL history at their positions at the time: Jim Kelly - 1986 and Mario Williams-2012.

How you somehow know what constitutes his estate is beyond me -- or the fact that you insinuate the man was disingenuous in his desire to keep the team in Buffalo. Again you overlook the fact that he passed (on numerous occassions) the opportunity to move the team elsewhere. You also don't seem interested in applauding him for his efforts to keep the team in Buffalo right up to his final days by finalizing a new lease agreement with Erie County and NYS that likely assures the team cannot be moved until at least 2020. Oh - he also set up a trust with hand selected executors to ensure that the sale of his team is handled according to his wishes and affords those willing to keep the team in Buffalo with a fair chance rather than auctioned to the highest bidder. Kudos to you for seeing through all of that in reaching your moronic conclusuons that he was a liar and cheap though. Pulitzer material you have there.

Why don't you stick to covering the stories that really matter to canadians like that helluva hockey offence you have up there on the maple leafs or the d-league basketball team. Better yet stick to covering curling or the sordid escapades of your addict mayor.

Toronto should NEVER get an NFL franchise because of idiots like you and the rest of your sports-challenged countrymen.

I only hope your obit is as classless as the garbage you wrote about a true AMERICAN hero in Ralph Wilson.

Ok. What was wrong about what he said? I just wasn't as offended as I thought I'd be. He presents legitimate questions to the Toronto market.

It was riddled with tired, inaccurate cliches (Ralph is cheap! Ralp named the stadium after himself!) and ignorance (NFL does not allow corporate ownership and claiming the Argos are the biggest - biggest - obstacle to getting a team to TO?).

Aside from that and it's disrespecful tone, there was nothing wrong with it. It had all the hallmarks of the American equivalent, the NY Post.

There is only so much bad Bills news/press/etc. that a fan can take - I had my fill after reading this story and here is my response to that ass clown. Don't care if I ever get a response. FWIW:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You are an ass. While much more vulgar words are more fitting to describe you, hopefully your myopic mind is able to grasp the irreverant and callous nature of your published article in the Toronto Star newspaper involving Ralph Wilson.

While there is a litany of problems associated with your garbage article (starting with the very insensitive 4th paragraph - "Now that he's gone, they can begin building the next iteration of the NFL...."), you make assertions that are not based in factual research - "Wilson was admired but never loved" - that's why thousands of fans regularly showed up on gameday in shirts and equipped with signs that read "in Ralph We Trust", or the stadium is affectionately known as "The Ralph" to Bills fans - oh but you probably wouldn't know this because your only experience was at the annual game in your POS city in front of sparse crowd of fair weather canadian "fans."

Speaking of nonsense - you are quick to point out Ralph Wilson as a "notorious cheapskate" with a "hint of megalomania" for having a stadium named after him (funny since the rogers center is a decrepit, sorry excuse for a stadium named after your own megalomaniac). I guess you overlook the fact that the same "cheapskate" Wilson signed two players to the richest contracts in NFL history at their positions at the time: Jim Kelly - 1986 and Mario Williams-2012.

How you somehow know what constitutes his estate is beyond me -- or the fact that you insinuate the man was disingenuous in his desire to keep the team in Buffalo. Again you overlook the fact that he passed (on numerous occassions) the opportunity to move the team elsewhere. You also don't seem interested in applauding him for his efforts to keep the team in Buffalo right up to his final days by finalizing a new lease agreement with Erie County and NYS that likely assures the team cannot be moved until at least 2020. Oh - he also set up a trust with hand selected executors to ensure that the sale of his team is handled according to his wishes and affords those willing to keep the team in Buffalo with a fair chance rather than auctioned to the highest bidder. Kudos to you for seeing through all of that in reaching your moronic conclusuons that he was a liar and cheap though. Pulitzer material you have there.

Why don't you stick to covering the stories that really matter to canadians like that helluva hockey offence you have up there on the maple leafs or the d-league basketball team. Better yet stick to covering curling or the sordid escapades of your addict mayor.

Toronto should NEVER get an NFL franchise because of idiots like you and the rest of your sports-challenged countrymen.

I only hope your obit is as classless as the garbage you wrote about a true AMERICAN hero in Ralph Wilson.

I was down with it until you went all xenophobic and stuff. I hate hate.

It definitely had the tone of "now that Ralph is out of the way," we can talk about getting this team up here.

Have some respect.

he explored the possibility. Isn't it the elephant in the Canadian room? It didn't bother me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I had posted this in the RIP MR. Wilson thread but out of respect for the purpose of the thread I decided to post my negative thoughts here and keep all the positive posts where they belong in that thread.

http://www.thestar.c...onto_kelly.html

I think the writer was tasteless and disrespectful in this article espeically since it was published 1 day after Mr. Wilsons death

CBF

What an A-hole.

Then again, his mayor smokes crack and he probably voted for him. Par for the course

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thank you. I was so offended this morning reading this article as it bothered me all day. Then reading the business article which made complete sense on estate taxes coupled with capital gains taxes made sense why he didn't sell before his death. We don't know his estate team may have expressed instructions to finish this in Buffalo.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Such a classy response. Funny how people are so mad about this article full of BS, but have no problem responding with a bunch of BS of their own. Lame!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm not sure why this is a Canadian / American thing. Yes, the writer is Canadian and writes for the Toronto Star, but painting every Canadian with the same brush as this loser is wrong.

99.9% of Canadians don't even know who this person is, let alone share their views. Again, it's the Star, which has about as much credibility as the Weekly World News.

As previously posted Kelly has written several articles bashing Buffalo. On the top of my head when we hosted the World Jrs. Unfortunately in a dying industry writing things to get reaction is more important than content. Giving him this much time on the board is too much.