Corey Graham to move to FS per Marrone

Fingon

Why did we draft 2 safeties last year if we weren't going to use them?

just because they drafted them doesnt mean they are working out. they were mid round guys, you dont bank on hitting on too many of those as starters.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with a this noise on how it is becoming a passing league and D's have to adjust. Causing teams (Bills anyways) to find more versatile players at certain positions. Wouldnt this cause teams to just go back to power running! Seems to me we are gaining speed n losing size.

Corey Graham is 2 inches taller than Jairus Byrd.

Corey Graham is 2 inches taller than Jairus Byrd.

Thanks

I was speaking generally or all around on D. I have no problem with the move, and its no guarantee. At worst we have a pretty good CB.

Edited by snamsnoops

Looking forward to see how we look on the field. And like mentioned before, with hitting receivers almost being eliminated you need guys who can cover and catch, not hit!

And maybe with more up-tempo offenses like chip kelly being adapted we can change packages on the field easier without having to change the personel if that is the way the NFL is headed!

just because they drafted them doesnt mean they are working out. they were mid round guys, you dont bank on hitting on too many of those as starters.

I think it has more to do with Marrone trying to get his best players on the field. Duke and Meeks are development players and haven't done much, which was expected. We don't know how they will look come camp.

This is good news that 1)they are thinking of ways in which to use the talent they have on the team in the best way to win games, 2) Corey is being more flexible now, it appears, than he was in his first couple years in he league which is typical. I don't think it means they don't see potential in Duke. But they haven't seen him play a game yet at Safety, so they need to be prepared. Kind of like when they lost Levitre... and weren't. so this is a good sign!This secondary has a lot of options both as a base package and sub-packages because of the versatility with many of the players.

What are you basing this on?

Also, on an unrelated note, imagine my shock when I read Chris Brown's tweet: Marrone: Graham to get a look at safety.

Forgot we had another Graham now.

I'm basing it on how well AW played as FS when Byrd was out. Remember when he had picks galore in the first half of the season?

Graham will be just as good as Byrd if not better.......that's right I said better. he's faster, can cover better, tackle better and as a free safety will get just as many picks..

Yeah, I don't know why the Saints didnt think of that...

I remember Jim Leonhard getting lots of reps at FS until Byrd came back.

AW started the season at FS. He had been in Byrd's spot all through the off-season when Pettine was installing the defense and that's where he started the year. It was only after our CB depth got shot to crap with injury and poor play that AW was forced to go back to CB.

While I'm surprised that AW is slated for SS because I think he's the best centerfielder we have, it's a testament to his athleticism that they'd keep him at SS even though he lacks the ideal size for the position, imo. I hope to see him used like Charles Woodson, where they move him around a lot and give him lots of opportunities to play closer the ball.

I predict AW will go down as one of the best signings in team history before it's all said and done.

GO BILLS!!!

AW started the season at FS. He had been in Byrd's spot all through the off-season when Pettine was installing the defense and that's where he started the year. It was only after our CB depth got shot to crap with injury and poor play that AW was forced to go back to CB.

While I'm surprised that AW is slated for SS because I think he's the best centerfielder we have, it's a testament to his athleticism that they'd keep him at SS even though he lacks the ideal size for the position, imo. I hope to see him used like Charles Woodson, where they move him around a lot and give him lots of opportunities to play closer the ball.

I predict AW will go down as one of the best signings in team history before it's all said and done.

GO BILLS!!!

Well then !

I would like to add that Bills secondary will be very very good if Williams continues trending upwards. ( i think he will K-9 ) . Maybe one of the best .

What pettine showed us could be done with coaching was pretty impressive. Lets see how Jim S. lines em up though .

Ps i am a Corey Graham fan already.