Corey Graham to move to FS per Marrone

Fingon

This is interesting. I spent 2 hours unable to sleep reading up on defensive theory and the wide nine. I have started a very detailed thread on the infomation.

I was working on how to get Graham involved.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always draft a corner somewhere. I would think pretty much every team does. I would not expect one before round 4 or 5.

Because their history of drafting corners in the first three rounds hasn't born out lately:

McKelvin

Byrd

A. Williams

Gillmore

Because their history of drafting corners in the first three rounds hasn't born out lately:

McKelvin

Byrd

A. Williams

Gillmore

if we go CB with a top 3 round pick I will be thrilled. Bill will go nuts

Oh...sorry...my detector must need new batteries...carry on...

:oops:

Your tinfoil hat is causing too much interference.

What do you like besides complaining? I've been saying this all offseason. Get a decent, slower cb with good ball skills and move him to S. It's what we did with Byrd and it's what we did with Aaron Williams. As much as I loved him, the days of Ronnie Lott at S are over. It's all about coverage and putting a corner at S gives you better coverage. Good move and he'll be fine.

Ronnie Lott was a pretty hellacious (in a good way) CB before he moved to safety. Yes, different game, but if you think that Lott wouldn't be successful in today's NFL you have another think coming. :P

All Marrone said was that they were going to get a look at Graham playing Safety. Never mentioned he was being moved there just yet.

OTAs and camp is where you move guys around and see who can play different positions. If he excels then great but he's also proven to be a good CB.

This sounds like last year when we had Cordy playing LG in camp and people made a big stink about it like that's where he was going to play.

Honest question... are most safeties former CBs at some point or another? Do kids go into football wanting to be a safety? Or are they all tried out at CB, and the slow ones moved to the backfield?

They all start as quarterbacks, then get demoted to receiver, followed by corner, then finally safety. :nana:

This doesn't explain who will play SS unless they plan to play a two deep look almost all the time. A Williams is ok but not great in run support. Don't like this at all. I don't like a two deep safety defense. Offenses have figured it out. Run short passing routes to the WR's and let athletic TE's or even RB's get into the seams. I don't like this at all. Our defensive line has not proven we can stop the run. Kiko at MLB in the nickel defense is still a liabilituy against the run. No true SS and teams will go four wide, take Spikes off the field, and run it up the gut. Bad bad bad.

But I thought everyone here had total confidence in Duke Williams....

No Whaley has Said "On Campus"

Corey Graham is "On Compus"

Possibly

They are going to give him a "look at free safety"

I thought they'd give him a look see at Safety it only makes sense.

So with a this noise on how it is becoming a passing league and D's have to adjust. Causing teams (Bills anyways) to find more versatile players at certain positions. Wouldnt this cause teams to just go back to power running! Seems to me we are gaining speed n losing size.