NFL getting "hoggy" according to Mark Cuban

Impressive season, but not the best of all time. Didn't even have the highest QB rating last season Nick Foles did. Aaron Rodgers 2011 was much more impressive. TD to INT ration 6 to 1. Manning's 2013 td to int ration 11 to 2. It might not seem like much, but for Manning to have the same ratio he would have needed 5 more td passes. If were going by gross numbers here's one for you Manning holds the record for loses in the playoffs. I love how you didn't say anything about my criticisms of him either. Good coordinators like Crennel & Rivera ( A HC now) know how to beat him.

As for your sacks argument. Is there a more overrated statistic? You can get pressure without getting sacks.

You will get no argument from me against the Manning is a poor playoff performer. But his last season was the best ever by a QB. No one else is debating this and your ratio stat is unconvincing.

As for the '85 Bears, a great D for sure, but as I pointed out, they were hardly challenged by quality QBs. The game is so different, it's hard to say how they would play against guys like Brees, Brady, (regular season) P Manning, Rodgers......

Denver beat Crenne's Houston team 37-13. Manning had 400 yards passing, 4 TDs. Waht did you "love" about that?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame television. I haven't had a team that I support in the town I live in over 30 years. TV has pretty much made the sport unwatchable. Touchdown...commercial.....kickoff.......touchback.....commercial. If that doesn't make you root for a defensive game I don't know what will.

I blame television. I haven't had a team that I support in the town I live in over 30 years. TV has pretty much made the sport unwatchable. Touchdown...commercial.....kickoff.......touchback.....commercial. If that doesn't make you root for a defensive game I don't know what will.

Except that you forgot punt ... commercial

I have plenty of time to grab another beer, take a leak, get more snacks, football is wonderful on TV!!!!

You will get no argument from me against the Manning is a poor playoff performer. But his last season was the best ever by a QB. No one else is debating this and your ratio stat is unconvincing.

As for the '85 Bears, a great D for sure, but as I pointed out, they were hardly challenged by quality QBs. The game is so different, it's hard to say how they would play against guys like Brees, Brady, (regular season) P Manning, Rodgers......

Denver beat Crenne's Houston team 37-13. Manning had 400 yards passing, 4 TDs. Waht did you "love" about that?

You didn't say it was the best season you said it was statistically the best season. I would like to know best in what sense? If were talking QB rating then Nick Foles was better last season.

I love Crennel's head to head record against Manning. Anyone can cherry pick a game.

Edited by MrLocke

He is spot on. Troy Aikman said it last year during a telecast I think that the NFL is way over saturating the market. Quit raising the salary cap, in fact drop it so lower market teams can compete better. Quit demanding so much from Networks and quit having games on 4 + days per week. Its not needed.

In addition to watering down the schedule the games themselves have become so bloated with TV timeouts, video reviews and so on the games are unwatchable. At least in real time. Now I make sure I delay the Bills games for at least a hour so I can ff through all the tedium. Really is bad and the only reason I would ever watch a game which didn't involve the Bills is if I have a fantasy football interest in it. These days I would rather sit down and watch at Barclays Premier League game than a Falcons/Titans match up. Edited by Dante

I never watch the game in real time, I record it and watch later so I can fast forward thru commercials.

And there you have it. The game has been reduced to something you can't watch in "real time".

Now that I am in the LA area (been 3 years), I no longer have seasons nor have I gone to a game since 2010; the game on TV is horrendous to watch. Thinking back from the 88 season through 2010; I didn't really start noticing the timeouts getting more and more right away. At the stadium you are around family friends or other Bills fans and it isn't as obvious.

I get the NFL package to watch the Bills because I live in Phoenix I tend to sleep in on Sundays and then fast foward the comercials as I do with everything. I seldom watch in real time. I don't plan on getting the package this year via directtv so I can save money.

If t he Bills leave Buffalo I would be done with football altogether. I still get the Center Ice Package because I like watching other teams and just love the game. I watch the Sabres, Leafs and now Blues.

Now that I am in the LA area (been 3 years), I no longer have seasons nor have I gone to a game since 2010; the game on TV is horrendous to watch. Thinking back from the 88 season through 2010; I didn't really start noticing the timeouts getting more and more right away. At the stadium you are around family friends or other Bills fans and it isn't as obvious.

That's exactly right. I didn't go to a game because I was sick or something this season, and I'm watching it on TV and the commercials are driving me nuts..........I was thinking at the stadiums my friends are and I are cracking jokes and just having a good time during all the timeouts. Watching by yourself is brutal.

That's exactly right. I didn't go to a game because I was sick or something this season, and I'm watching it on TV and the commercials are driving me nuts..........I was thinking at the stadiums my friends are and I are cracking jokes and just having a good time during all the timeouts. Watching by yourself is brutal.

If your friends were at your house, problem solved ;)

The ones that I watch with, the ones who I have had seasons with for 29 years, were at the game! I was the one who was sick, not them.

Understood. But if they were at your house with you cracking jokes and just having a good time during the commercials then it would not have been brutal. The fact that you were having a good time during the deadtime would be the same regardless if you were at the stadium or at your house or some random bar. Deadtime is deadtime no matter where you are.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• 3 weeks later...