Jets Cut Sanchez / Git 'er dun?

Bronc24

Someone will reclaim him. I see him as comparable to alex smith.

I would say that following the Alex Smith career path and reaching his level would be the best case scenario for Sanchez. I think that he may have it in him but things would have to break perfectly for him over the next two or three years. More likely, he will bounce around a couple of teams and be out of the league within 3 years.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly a backup. His starting career is over he is a career backup now and I think is ready to embrace that role. I know Bills fans hate him because he was a Jet but many of the same folks wanted him out of USC. Cut the hate already and realize this guy would be a damn solid back up for us

I'll chose what hate -if any- i care to to cut. He's a bum and would be anything BUT a damn solid backup

Buffalo was a top 10 Defense Last year??? I loved those 3rd and Forever that were miraculously completed for first downs. I loved the tight Defense against Blount. I love Stats, but to say the Bills had a top 10 defense last year is full of sh.it!

I'd say you are the one full of ****...they put beatdowns on a hell of a lot of teams last year

Why is it any time someone wants to bring in a QB Tebow is brought up?

Because he was the worst example of a QB. So whomever they r speaking of,, El Dirte Sanchez in this case, is not as bad as wobeT. Therefor they bring him up to show things could b a lot worse.

Who do you think you're talking to? I said nothing about the Chise. My only contention was your point about 2 AFCCG's being a waste.

I view 4 straight Super Bowl losses as an even bigger waste. The goal is to win the big one. I don't know a single Jets fan that doesn't view those AFCCG failures as exactly that, failures. Lost opportunities and a rare roster that is gone forever. Imagine the current Bills rising to the occasion and having deep playoff runs, just to come up short and have the tide recede and leave us with another period of mediocrity and no playoffs. Would you consider that anything else but a waste of time, money and effort? I certainly would. Every NFL team pushes the same propaganda. Supposedly we are to believe that every team is focused on the singular accomplishment of winning the big one. I simply view things the way they advertise it. They certainly spend enough money to try and convince everybody of it. They want my money after all. Look at the 49rs. They are at a serious cross roads. If they sink back into mediocrity the fan base will view their playoff runs as simply tragic events. Lost opportunities. When I was a competitive athlete, coming close and failing felt like death. Edited by RealityCheck

Your limited credibility was shattered the minute you said that was the worst post you've ever read here. You've posted at least three that were worse in this thread alone.

This guy would be keeping track of my credibility.

You have been following me from thread to thread for years.

Aside from Mark Sanchez, honestly, wtf went wrong in your relationship with your father that led to such severe attachment issues with males?

I can't help you man, I'm just words on your computer screen.

Get the help you need, you and Jim Kelly are in my prayers!

Ha, yeah. The Bills had a "top 10" defense in 2013. Whichever metric folks are cherry picking to make that claim was undoubtedly skewed by the week 16 Miami game.

Regardless, it's borderline psychotic to say we should sign Sanchez because he took "another" top 10 defense to the conference championship. Anyone who equates last year's Bills defenses with those Jets defenses is !@#$ing high.

This guy would be keeping track of my credibility.

You have been following me from thread to thread for years.

Aside from Mark Sanchez, honestly, wtf went wrong in your relationship with your father that led to such severe attachment issues with males?

I can't help you man, I'm just words on your computer screen.

Get the help you need, you and Jim Kelly are in my prayers!

Following you from thread to thread? Don't give yourself that much credit, man.

In Buffalo: we have a top 10 defense, and couldn't make the playoffs and the story line is

"when will we have a quarterback??? how can this team win without a superstar quarterback???? we're doomed!!!!"

In New York: they had a top 10 quarterback, and made the conference title game in consecutive seasons, and the story line is:

"that defense was SICK. that defense carried the team. Sanchez didn't matter"

Can't have it both ways boys.

Sanchez's story is everything that's wrong with sports these days. 20 years ago he'd still be the starter in New York, and they'd surround him with wideouts and a running back. But because he's in NYC, that piece is overlooked, and 2.5 bad seasons later he's garbage.

People on this board still like FITZ for Gods sakes. How many times did Sanchez make Fitz look like a JV reject. Opening week 2012, for starters.

Would cut EJ right now and sign Sanchez if I was Whaley. My god, Sanchez never had the talent we have at wideout, much less running back. That arm?

Wait, I forgot "Butt fumble LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

He has eviscerated us. On numerous occasions. IN OUR HOUSE.

I feel bad for you.

Ha, yeah. The Bills had a "top 10" defense in 2013. Whichever metric folks are cherry picking to make that claim was undoubtedly skewed by the week 16 Miami game.

Regardless, it's borderline psychotic to say we should sign Sanchez because he took "another" top 10 defense to the conference championship. Anyone who equates last year's Bills defenses with those Jets defenses is !@#$ing high.

Good call TBC.

I don't like when people use the expression "dirty Sanchez." Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds racist to me. I personally don't care what race he is. Nor do I care about a lot of the complaints I've heard about his personality. I think some of those complaints are overstated.

But I do care about his stats. Sanchez completes only about 55% of his passes with a modest 6.5 yards per attempt. His QB rating is a humble 72. In this day and age, you really need more from a starting QB.

So if we'd sign him to be a backup - and he's certainly well-qualified to be a backup - the question becomes what kind of mentor would he be for EJ?

Dirty Sanchez is sexual slang for a purported sex act where feces is purposely smeared onto a partner's upper lip. Sex-advice columnist Dan Savage says the act is completely fictional.[1] Brian Bouldrey in Dirty Words: A Literary Encyclopedia of Sex says the act is an urban legend.[2] Etymologist Eric Partridge says, "This appears to have been contrived with the intention to provoke shock rather than actually as a practice, although, no doubt, some have or will experiment."[3] Columnist Gustavo Arellano of ¡Ask a Mexican! contends the term evokes the stereotypical moustache of a Mexican.[4] The term for the sex act entered British gay cantPolari in the 1960s.[