Rams, Raiders jockey for return to SoCal

Rubes

From CBSSports.com:

"This entire process -- as rambling and meandering as the league's eventual return to Los Angeles has been -- has suddenly taken on more of a sense of urgency than we've seen in quite some time. The Raiders and Rams are de facto franchise free agents following the 2014 season, as they'll be able to pick up and move more or less as they see fit. The Chargers are operating on a lease that has become decreasingly cumbersome to get out of."

I wish somebody would just move there so we don't have to deal with the issue anymore.

The Raiders are the obvious choice to me mainly due to the awful stadium in Oakland...seriously, sharing a stadium with a baseball team and dealing with the infield is ridiculous

The Rams should not go anywhere

the Chargers stadium is also bad but at least they dont share it

If the Rams move back to LA, St. Louis will be on the prowl for a replacement. If it coincides with the death of Ralph, look out.

that is the one thing that will not go away. on the surface having the L A situation settled has always been looked upon as a positive by myself, and the rest of us. however, there is always the danger of which ever team(S) go to L A, those cities will now be a player for the bills.. shame wilson will not settle the ownership situation..

Doubtful. There isn't any money there. To say nothing of the fact that they've lost 2 NFL teams already.

Not true..they have numerous large corporations headquartered there...Anheiser Busch, Emerson Electric, Express Scripts, Edward Jones, Monsanto, O'Reilly Automotive, etc...

I know because I went to college in St. Louis(Go Billikens!!) and was very surprised at how many are headquartered there...pretty close to middle of the US and on a major waterway the connects a lot of the US so it makes sense

Here is a list of major fortune 500 companies in St Louis:

http://www.missourieconomy.org/industry/fortune_500/index.stm

Edited by matter2003

Not true..they have numerous large corporations headquartered there...Anheiser Busch, Emerson Electric, Express Scripts, Edward Jones, Monsanto, O'Reilly Automotive, etc...

I know because I went to college in St. Louis(Go Billikens!!) and was very surprised at how many are headquartered there...pretty close to middle of the US and on a major waterway the connects a lot of the US so it makes sense

http://www.missourie...e_500/index.stm

Alright, then why do they have so much trouble keeping their NFL team?

Alright, then why do they have so much trouble keeping their NFL team?

They are a diehard baseball town and bandwagon football town...Cardinals rule everything

Edited by matter2003

They are a diehard baseball town and bandwagon football town...Cardinals rule everything

So would it be safe to say that Saint Louis would not be a city in the NFL's best interests?

Edited by Mark Vader

http://www.missourie...e_500/index.stm

Which is why an out of state businessman had to buy the Rams the last time, right? It doesn't matter how many HQs are located there, NFL rules require that owners be individuals. If the Rams leave town that means St Louis will have lost an NFL franchise for the 2nd time, there won't be another team there because the city is broke as hell and they aren't going to get voters to build ANOTHER football stadium. The Edward Jones Dome isn't even 20 years old and the Rams are demanding nearly $700,000,000.00 in renovations, which the city is refusing.

If the stadium isn't good enough for the Rams, it isn't going to be good enough for another franchise and there's no way St Louis is going to be held hostage by an NFL team for upwards of a billion dollars. That shipped has sailed.

that is the one thing that will not go away. on the surface having the L A situation settled has always been looked upon as a positive by myself, and the rest of us. however, there is always the danger of which ever team(S) go to L A, those cities will now be a player for the bills.. shame wilson will not s

ettle the ownership situation..

How can Wilson settle the ownership situation? It is settled now, he is the owner.

The Rams will be in LA after 2014. The Raiders will not get their new stadium in the Bay Area and will follow.

To....what? There is no stadium in LA. There will not be a stadium in 2015 either.

The main reason there is no team in LA is there is no where for a relocating team to play.

If the Rams move back to LA, St. Louis will be on the prowl for a replacement. If it coincides with the death of Ralph, look out.

No way- if the Rams go, the NFL will be dead to St. Louis. That is one town where the NFL takes a seat to baseball. The fans there will quickly move on. This is no Cleveland or Houston- the NFL will never rush to fill the void. They are reluctant to build a new stadium for the Rams and that is what will ultimaty drive them away and no team will relocate to a dome that is considered outdated.