Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is hard to really know their strategy for bringing in most guys with the exception of when it comes to the 1st round pick. In each of the last 4 years, the Bills 1st round pick made a pre-draft visit to OBD. So if they don't bring in say, Evans, that might mean something but I would be surprised if they didn't even interview him.

The Bills attended Manziel's Pro Day Extravaganza primarily to look at Mike Evans, according to their own statements. They may not bring him in, but could still be interested. Personally, I think they are not looking at Evans number 1.

The Bills attended Manziel's Pro Day Extravaganza primarily to look at Mike Evans, according to their own statements. They may not bring him in, but could still be interested. Personally, I think they are not looking at Evans number 1.

As stated earlier, each of the last 4 years the BILLS 1st Round Draft choice had a Pre-Draft visit with the BILLS...no visit historically means no 1st Round pick for the player...interesting if Evans doesn't make the trip to OBD...

@JoeBuscaglia: According to a league source, Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews is scheduled to be in Buffalo tomorrow for a pre-draft visit with the #Bills.

2014 Draft Preview: Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews

Buffalobills.com's Countdown to Draft Day preview series begins with a look at Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews.

good news indeed.

Oh yes indeed it is !

That man is the going to make some Coach very happy .

Yes this is great news.

If Mathews falls with Evans going top 8, you take Mathews, no question.

Either is a win

Yes this is great news.

If Mathews falls with Evans going top 8, you take Mathews, no question.

Agreed. While I really, really want Evans if Tampa snatching him (which they almost certainly will, barring Watkins dropping that far) means that it makes available a guy who was speculated to go top 5 for two years in a row, in a position that could definitely use an upgrade (OL that was 28th in sacks, 20th in yards per attempt) drops to 9th, I would not lose a wink of sleep taking him.

Agreed. While I really, really want Evans if Tampa snatching him (which they almost certainly will, barring Watkins dropping that far) means that it makes available a guy who was speculated to go top 5 for two years in a row, in a position that could definitely use an upgrade (OL that was 28th in sacks, 20th in yards per attempt) drops to 9th, I would not lose a wink of sleep taking him.

Yes if Watkins or Mathews drop you take which ever one.

There is almost no chance they both drop.

I don't believe the rise of Evans means the drop of Watkins though.

The thing Niklas gives you that Chandler doesnt is blocking.....the kid is a good blocker.

If we are trying to put together a smash mouth running team.....this would be a good kid to draft.

+1

The signing of a DE today makes this even more of a slam-dunk in RD2. I reduced our positional need for a DE to P3, and Bills move closer to drafting OL, Playmaker, Playmaker with the first 3 picks.

I've seen him ranked in the low 30's for OT, this site like BB.com mentions him moving inside.

http://www.cbssports...i-state-preview

He's a 7-UDFA OG. This tells you that Bills are finalizing their first run at their board and are even looking at 7-UDFA's. It should also say that we're likely to draft another OG earlier, because 7-UDFA is late for them to address it, and Chris Williams may compete, but OG is in their first 4 rounds to me.

Hope y'all don't mind this going here, it doesn't deserve a separate thread. No visit announced but Bills check out Towson RB Terrance West. Bills sent 4 to check him out & met with him afterward.

http://www.baltimore...0,2348766.story

this guy seems fairly interesting. seems to have that whole "bowling ball" thing going for him. low center of gravity, good timed speed and with that kind of weight behind him he should have a fair amount of power. get him into the second and third level and he could punish some DBs and maybe even some LBs.