Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

Wow. Heard about off the field issues, but didn't know the specifics --- someone better tell Kiper, he has him going at 6 to Atlanta in his last mock --- I want nasty, but legal nasty, no need for any Incognito issues

It has gone really under the radar.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has gone really under the radar.

The thing is, you become a 1st round pick and paraded around as the shiny new toy and this stuff gets on the front page of the local paper.

Again talent wise he is a top 10 pick, and he was 18 or 19 when he said what he said. So there is the fact that he was just a dumb kid. However this is some scandalous ****.

The other event is he got into a fight with some Ohio state fans. He says he was breaking up a fight between fans. They say he get involved and started whipping up on a fan.

It'll be interesting to see how real GMs make decisions about Lewan. Especially in the Incognito era.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I really like the Martin visit. Eric Wood was a college prospect that no one was thinking about and he turned out pretty good. He played guard his first year too. I think this Marcus Martin kid would be very similar. Someone who can back up Wood and will likely compete for a starting G spot this year. This would be a very shrewd pick up.

Let me be the first to welcome Mr. Samuel Watkins to Buffalo. Reports cropping up that he'll be in town tomorrow. Fingers crossed we find a way to land him come May.

I wonder how far in advance these visits are set up. I heard Joe Buscaglia interviewed last night and he mentioned that he thought they were set up a long time ago and that the Bills probably have no intention of taking a WR at 9 after they picked up Mike Williams. I am personally hoping for Evans but not getting my hopes up.

I do not have time to read this entire thread. Someone already may have posted this, but Sammy Watkins apparently grew up as a Buffalo Bills fan.

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2014/jan/10/sammy-watkins-readies-nfl-dream/?partner=RSS

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/23/bills-hosting-sammy-watkins-for-visit-would-need-to-deal/

While I like Sammy Watkins, I think him visiting the Bills is just part of the organizations draft strategy. First, I don't see Buffalo trading up to guarantee they get him. Based on everything I've read, the chances of him falling to Buffalo at #9 are very slim. That said, we only have to look to last year. Tavon Austin wasn't supposed to make it to Buffalo at #8 and yet he did. An interested party in St. Louis made the trade with us and took him. So in my mind, Buffalo is meeting with the last of their allotment of 30 visits this week and they took an opportunity to tell the rest of the NFL "hey look, if he falls to us at #9, he's gone". At the same time, they met with Evans as the backstop to the likelihood that Watkins will already be gone.