Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo nice find. Niklas is one big boy and just is just learning the position. Matthews or Evans in the first and Niklas in the second would be a great way to start the draft.

agreed. a big target/redzone target for EJ, top OT talent. Would love to have Matthews, Niklas, and Lattimer later in the draft.

From rotoworld

"Indiana WR Cody Latimer is also in the house at One Bills Drive. Each team is allotted 30 pre-draft visits. WGR 550 Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia considers Niklas to "definitely" be a fit for the Bills and could see the team targeting the tight end with its second-round pick. Niklas tips the scales at 6-foot-6 1/2 and 270 pounds and is arguably the top all-around, complete tight end in the draft."

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1&rw=1

good stuff

From rotoworld

"Indiana WR Cody Latimer is also in the house at One Bills Drive. Each team is allotted 30 pre-draft visits. WGR 550 Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia considers Niklas to "definitely" be a fit for the Bills and could see the team targeting the tight end with its second-round pick. Niklas tips the scales at 6-foot-6 1/2 and 270 pounds and is arguably the top all-around, complete tight end in the draft."

http://www.rotoworld...otball?r=1&rw=1

good stuff

Wow, he is huge.

I've long been on the TE bandwagon in round 2, 3, or 4.

If it's round 2, I'd like either Niklas or ASJ...I'd prefer Niklas because he's a bit better athlete and cleaner off the field.

Round 3, I'll take C.J. Fiedorowicz

Round 4, give me Crockett Gillmore

I've long been on the TE bandwagon in round 2, 3, or 4.

If it's round 2, I'd like either Niklas or ASJ...I'd prefer Niklas because he's a bit better athlete and cleaner off the field.

Round 3, I'll take C.J. Fiedorowicz

Round 4, give me Crockett Gillmore

I agree, and if Niklas were the choice, I think that means Chandler gets cut after next season...just doesn't make sense to have 5 able-bodied TEs...and yes, I know Gragg didn't prove much last year, but physically speaking he is the quicker, more pass-catching TE of the bunch...and with Moekai, he would seem to be the Vet to keep around given his "up-side" and the fact that he too can adequately do both but is a bit smaller than Chandler and Niklas...I would like the choice of Niklas, if they pick up another 2nd round pick just because I would assume WR and OT would need to be the first 2 picks, not necessarily in that order...otherwise, that would mean one of those two true "needs" gets slated to the 3rd....JMO

I agree, and if Niklas were the choice, I think that means Chandler gets cut after next season...just doesn't make sense to have 5 able-bodied TEs...and yes, I know Gragg didn't prove much last year, but physically speaking he is the quicker, more pass-catching TE of the bunch...and with Moekai, he would seem to be the Vet to keep around given his "up-side" and the fact that he too can adequately do both but is a bit smaller than Chandler and Niklas...I would like the choice of Niklas, if they pick up another 2nd round pick just because I would assume WR and OT would need to be the first 2 picks, not necessarily in that order...otherwise, that would mean one of those two true "needs" gets slated to the 3rd....JMO

I agree...if any of those two-way TEs were drafted, then I think you'd see Lee Smith get cut and Gragg stashed on the practice squad while Chandler, Moeaki, and the new guy make up the TEs on the active roster.

Either way, I'm hoping the top 4 picks are TE, WR, OT, and LB.

The thing Niklas gives you that Chandler doesnt is blocking.....the kid is a good blocker.

If we are trying to put together a smash mouth running team.....this would be a good kid to draft.

And with versatility being the key, not to mention a strong focus on the running game, it's one reason why I think Niklas would be an ideal fit for Buffalo.

I agree...if any of those two-way TEs were drafted, then I think you'd see Lee Smith get cut and Gragg stashed on the practice squad while Chandler, Moeaki, and the new guy make up the TEs on the active roster.

Either way, I'm hoping the top 4 picks are TE, WR, OT, and LB.

Also agree to your statement of picks...I don't think LB should be overlooked as a real good possibility for 1st Round selection, depending on where the BILLS Draft in the 1st...if they stay put and Evans is there, hard to think they pass on him...if Matthews is there at 9, same thing....but if the BILLS were to trade back into the teens or certainly the 20's, you could see the BILLS take Mosely as the long-term solution to ILB and allow him to learn behind Spikes, or Zack Martin at OT and then WR 2nd round, with TE and LB...who knows, it's all a guessing game at this point...

i would love to see niklas at 41. great size, a nice, big open field target for ej who is going to help with the blocking from last year. i might even prefer him over ebron, since ebron isn't a great blocker, and it would mean that the bills got some great talent earlier on.

I posted this in another thread and have said it a bunch before. Ebron is not the right pick in the first round. First, he's undersized. He's really in between being a big receiver or being a small tight end. At 250, I don't think he'll be an imposing blocker in the NFL. Niklas fits the mold in every way and will be much much cheaper as a second round pick. I'm really hoping that they don't reach in the first round. There absolutely should be a high value player at a position of need at #9. If that's Mike Evans, so be it. If it's Anthony Barr or an offensive lineman, that doesn't hurt my feelings either.

big fan of Niklas. Obviously biassed because I am also an Irish fan but he filled in for Tyler Eifert very well and is only scratching the surface of his potential. I'd love to get Mike Evans in the first then Niklas in the 2nd or 3rd

Could definitely roll with this. I hate lumping players together but I always liked Notre Dame TEs. Now is Niklaus just a more physical Chandler or is he a matchup problem?