Taylor Lewan Charged With Assault?

I still got this weird feeling the Bills love Lewan.

Take some Pepto... but I have the same worries.

Scratch him off the list.

Is it me, or does anybody find it curious that this was posted on the Bills website? It's not as if he is a Buffalo Bill.

He is a high OT prospect projected in the top 10, so makes sense it would be noted here since that is where we draft BUT I posted the same thing in another OT thread and it went unnoticed because maybe some people just think I am biased against UM. They would be correct B-) . But his issues have been discussed ad nauseum amongst OSU fans, didn't seem to make the national circuit though. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still got this weird feeling the Bills love Lewan.

I was thinking he would be their pick, solely on the fact that both Chris Brown and John Murphy bring his name up near every time they talk about the Bills draft. I know people think they are paid Bills cheerleaders (and they are to a degree) but I think they (Brown especially) are privy to a lot more info than they can present sometimes...Brown was all over the EJ pick last year, when I didn't really hear anybody else mentioning him as the Bills first pick.

That being the case, as I stated earlier, I found it curious that the story was reported on the Bills official web-site. That tells me they are no longer interested in him...if they were, why wouldn't they just ignore the story until they couldn't any more?

I was thinking he would be their pick, solely on the fact that both Chris Brown and John Murphy bring his name up near every time they talk about the Bills draft. I know people think they are paid Bills cheerleaders (and they are to a degree) but I think they (Brown especially) are privy to a lot more info than they can present sometimes...Brown was all over the EJ pick last year, when I didn't really hear anybody else mentioning him as the Bills first pick.

That being the case, as I stated earlier, I found it curious that the story was reported on the Bills official web-site. That tells me they are no longer interested in him...if they were, why wouldn't they just ignore the story until they couldn't any more?

Oh, I didn't realize it was on the Bills site. I thought you were asking why it was posted on this site. That is pretty interesting.

That is exactly why I'm nervous. I've noticed over the last few years that BB.com tends to tip its hand towards what players the Bills are definitely interested in by posting articles, almost to serve as feelers to get the fans ready for the move. They've been mentioning Lewan A LOT lately and next to nothing on the other OT prospects (Robinson, Matthews).

That is exactly why I'm nervous. I've noticed over the last few years that BB.com tends to tip its hand towards what players the Bills are definitely interested in by posting articles, almost to serve as feelers to get the fans ready for the move. They've been mentioning Lewan A LOT lately and next to nothing on the other OT prospects (Robinson, Matthews).

:sick:

Yeah, I get the sense too. But, in this case, they are posting a negative story about him...so I am thinking they are backing off the idea.

Yeah, I get the sense too. But, in this case, they are posting a negative story about him...so I am thinking they are backing off the idea.

I was just looking at the article again and yes, if CB wrote it, and noted that his arraignment was in the middle of pre-draft visits, I can't see a scenario where the Bills take him in the 1st rd. Now, if they take him in the 4th after he drops like the ball in Times Square.... ok.

They're not the only team. I think the NFL encourages teams to post this information to keep traffic up all year long.

The Ravens, Giants and 9ers all have Ebron stuff all over their site.

The one thing that is consistent though since Buddy Nix the Bills 1st round pick has visited One Bills Drive. So watch that visit list closely.

Aw crap this is the Lewan thread, I can't delete this post. Let me out of here.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Both of these items are old news but we probably heard about it more here in Ohio. One of the reasons why I don't want the Bills to draft Lewan, and his punk antics on Twitter. But moreso because I watched him play and he wasn't any good his senior year. And the Big 10 - not great competition.

It is old news, and some are nothing more then allegations.

"At 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 1, about eight hours after Michigan lost to Ohio State, two Buckeyes fans reported that they were assaulted in Ann Arbor. No one was arrested at the time, but three weeks later police confirmed that they were investigating whether Lewan had a role in the incident. Lewan denied that he assaulted anyone."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/taylor-lewan-faces-misdemeanor-assault-charges/

All the draft analysts have known about this from the start and it likely won't change a thing concerning his draft status.

Bills fans thinking the Bills will draft an OT are waaayyyy off base. Smoke screen for the DB they want to draft to replace Byrd. S Haha Clinton-Dix. The only free safety ranked in the top 20 picks. So relax.

Lewan comes off like an immature punk. Richie Incognito type. Not the kind of personality I would want to build my line around. A real man takes care of business before the whistle and these off field problems are a red flag for me

Some punk OSU fans where talking crap and he had to put them in there place. Love It !!!!

Just what you want in a player. And he covered it up by saying he tried to break it up.

NFL ready!!

I have more of a problem, that by his own admission to the police, that he told a young woman who was going to accuse his roommate of rape, that if she did he would rape her too.

Edited by chris heff

I have more of a problem, that by his own admission to the police, that he told a young woman who was going to accuse his roommate of rape, that if she did he would respect her too.

Got to respect a man who respects a woman who accuses his friend of rape.

Some punk OSU fans where talking crap and he had to put them in there place. Love It !!!!

Just what you want in a player. And he covered it up by saying he tried to break it up.

NFL ready!!

I'm not an OSU fan, but this post begs for one response. Scoreboard!

I seem to rarely agree with Yolo, but, he is right with respect to the Big 10 as a whole. Weak competition that makes players (Aaron Maybin) seem much better than they actually are.

Lewan, IMO, is best suited to play RT in the NFL. He is athletic, but his footwork is clumsy. His kick-step is awkward, and he often loses balance trying to keep up with quicker edge rushers. He makes a living with his hands. Some times he gets a really good initial punch, but most of them time he relies on the ol' clutch and grab method (will be called holding in NFL). I like his athleticism, but given his character flaws, I'd definitely steer clear of him at #9.