Why no love for Carrington?

oman128

Carrington has shown no productivity on the field other than for blocking kicks. Another classic example of thinking guy can play based on draft status (3rd round in this case). Being drafted in the top few rounds of the NFL draft does not make you a good player. See Mike Williams, James Hardy, Ashton Yoboty, Ko Simpson, TJ Graham etc, etc, etc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrington had a breakout year in 2012 playing DT, plus he was great at blocking kicks, so it's a mystery why we didn't resign him. If he didn't get hurt in 2013, I think he'd be signed already to a good contract.

I know we signed Branch, as a backup but I figure Carrington is better than Bryant and Stefan and can play DT or DE. Plus I figure Kyle Williams has 2 or 3 years before he retires or gets traded, same for Branch. It would be good to have an experienced backup rather than a rookie.

Finally, I don't see Carrington breaking the bank and is good depth. he's been on the market for a week and still not signed.

Mainly because they are switching defensive systems for the fourth time in four years. He's not suited for Schwartz wide-nine 4-3 system.

Oh wait, I'm sorry Schwartz said he was keeping the same defense. Carry on. :lol:

Two words: Eugene Parker

Having said that, I like Carrington as a player. He also is an interesting and bright guy. I would love for him to be on the team. Nevertheless, the Bills should pay whatever value the Bills have placed on him. I wish he had another agent.

I know you'll look. But in Bryan Scotts video on YouTube. I am pretty sure he and Moats are featured playing instruments. I forget the song title but its pretty good.

Carrington was a marginal player who was beginning to show real promise at least as a good rotational player before his injury. (oops - should have taken that extension, Alex) Now he is a just a marginal player with injury concerns. I certainly do not blame him for shopping around. You never know if someone will overpay. I would certainly not blame the Bills if what they put on the table was a "show me" type of low ball contract, which is probably what he he is seeing elsewhere as well. I would not hate it if he were back on that kind of deal, but don't care if he leaves at this point either. He would be no lock to make the team.

He never started. He was hurt. There is not much film on him. Teams can get the same performance, with a potential upside by drafting a player in the 3rd round AND will pay low rookie contract rates and have a 3-4 year contract. He has a butt-hole as an agent, and if he does good, there is a chance for an "injury" with failure to live up to the contract, al.la. Peters and Byrd. No thanks. It costs too much and there are question marks and risks. Parker just has to hit on a couple of big paydays to live fat and happy. The "misses" don't hurt him.

He never started. He was hurt. There is not much film on him. Teams can get the same performance, with a potential upside by drafting a player in the 3rd round AND will pay low rookie contract rates and have a 3-4 year contract. He has a butt-hole as an agent, and if he does good, there is a chance for an "injury" with failure to live up to the contract, al.la. Peters and Byrd. No thanks. It costs too much and there are question marks and risks. Parker just has to hit on a couple of big paydays to live fat and happy. The "misses" don't hurt him.

Actually, he started 6 games in 2011 and 3 games last year.

I know you'll look. But in Bryan Scotts video on YouTube. I am pretty sure he and Moats are featured playing instruments. I forget the song title but its pretty good.

He is a pretty good musician and very bright. I forgot what his degree is. Last year, John Murphy interviewed him. He seems like a great guy - a guy you would want to go have a beer with. He also seemed to really like Buffalo.

Mainly because they are switching defensive systems for the fourth time in four years. He's not suited for Schwartz wide-nine 4-3 system.

Oh wait, I'm sorry Schwartz said he was keeping the same defense. Carry on. :lol:

LOL. You agree that he's a solid player with upside?