Evans or Ebron?

e vs e  

223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

I said it before and I'll say it again. I highly doubt any actual, real world GM has a TE that did nothing impressive at the combine ranked as a Top 9 prospect.

Ebron's film is good but in no way is he like Vernon Davis. David was a physical, freak of nature that was option 1a, 1b, 2 and 3 at Maryland. Every DC knew they were looking at Davis and he still performed.

When I look at Ebron and I look at AS-J I don't see Ebron that far ahead of AS-J.

The Bills fans have had a boner for a TE since Pete left and that seems to be the real driver by Bills fans in pushing Ebron up the board so high. That and fantasizing over Gronk coming back to Buffalo. Which Ebron is not anywhere near Gronk and has no potential to be that dominant.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with all of this. However I argue with the point that Evans is the guy at the 9th pick. I'd much rather have Benjamin IMO and since in doing that, I'd rather trade down a few spots for extra picks and take both Ebron and Benjamin and then I get my 2 top juices at their positions.

Btw, I know I'm crazy thinking that Benjamin is better than Evans but it's just my opinion. I understand looked at like a freak but that's normal anyway.

I wouldn't hate that scenario. Not bad sir

Edited by Alphadawg7

I said it before and I'll say it again. I highly doubt any actual, real world GM has a TE that did nothing impressive at the combine ranked as a Top 9 prospect.

Ebron's film is good but in no way is he like Vernon Davis. David was a physical, freak of nature that was option 1a, 1b, 2 and 3 at Maryland. Every DC knew they were looking at Davis and he still performed.

When I look at Ebron and I look at AS-J I don't see Ebron that far ahead of AS-J.

The Bills fans have had a boner for a TE since Pete left and that seems to be the real driver by Bills fans in pushing Ebron up the board so high. That and fantasizing over Gronk coming back to Buffalo. Which Ebron is not anywhere near Gronk and has no potential to be that dominant.

well to be specific, ebron comes with the caveat that we would trade back a bit and get him mid first round along with a bonus second or third. But gronk davis graham and earlier gates were the top target of their teams. why does the combine matter more than gameday production? Ebron isn't close to Davis? if Davis is a 10 what grade do you give ebron and why? id have a boner for him and a free second pick in a deep draft that could end up being Benjamin or a RT.

well to be specific, ebron comes with the caveat that we would trade back a bit and get him mid first round along with a bonus second or third. But gronk davis graham and earlier gates were the top target of their teams. why does the combine matter more than gameday production? Ebron isn't close to Davis? if Davis is a 10 what grade do you give ebron and why? id have a boner for him and a free second pick in a deep draft that could end up being Benjamin or a RT.

Ok that makes more sense.

I just can't see Ebron going top 10 by real world GMs.

In 2014 as much as Evans has the ceiling of a Marshall/Jeffries/Vincent Jackson getting extra picks in this talent laden draft is a huge bonus.

So trade back and stay in the top20 with an extra 2nd all day long. If the 3 QBs go top 8 then a top tier prospect will fall that a team may be willing to trade up to get.

So I said it before and I'll say it agin root for the QBs to go early call the Jags, Browns, and Texans GMs and tell them how much Bortles, Manziel and bridgewater are can't miss prospects. We want those QBs off the board to push the real talent down.

NO, They are nothing a like at all. Not even close. I mean you cant get more farther apart then Hardy and Evans.

I haven't read the thread and haven't been paying attention to the prospects this year outside of headlines. I've seen Evans play a couple times, always came away impressed. But if you think he's worth the 9th pick, I'd love to hear a quick elevator-pitch as to why. (or from anyone who's an Evans fan) I would love to learn more about the guy in the laziest way possible...

EDIT: Or, if you don't think he's worth the 9th pick, I'd like to hear your reasons too in as few words as possible. #NJSueForever

Edited by GreggyT

I now always have fear of hardy 2.0, (evans) maybin 2.0 (barr) witner 2.0 (any small safety) parrish 2.0 (Goodwin) and losman 2.0 (EJ) lol its not logical but I wonder how it has effected the team since good ol marv got involved as a manager

I haven't read the thread and haven't been paying attention to the prospects this year outside of headlines. I've seen Evans play a couple times, always came away impressed. But if you think he's worth the 9th pick, I'd love to hear a quick elevator-pitch as to why. (or from anyone who's an Evans fan) I would love to learn more about the guy in the laziest way possible...

EDIT: Or, if you don't think he's worth the 9th pick, I'd like to hear your reasons too in as few words as possible. #NJSueForever

well, this has my vote for the Cam Brady Award!

"i hardly ever vote.. i just play games on my phone..'words with friends' .. 'draw something'.. and facebook old girlfriends"

:D

Edited by BackInDaDay

does anyone else get the feeling Evans is Hardy 2.0?????

I get the feeling you'll be on a lot of people's ignore list.

Hopefully that was just a piss poor start to a great posting career.

Try to uplevel the conversation not drag it down to asinine, uninformed, BS sound clips that you heard from a silly blowhard on the radio months ago.

Welcome aboard.

Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Jerry Butler, J.D. Hill, Haven Moses

Perry Tuttle

5 great picks, 1 bum. Now that isn't as bad as I thought it would look. I would not complain if we drafted Evans, but I feel after last year we're not going that route.

I agree!

I get the feeling you'll be on a lot of people's ignore list.

Hopefully that was just a piss poor start to a great posting career.

Try to uplevel the conversation not drag it down to asinine, uninformed, BS sound clips that you heard from a silly blowhard on the radio months ago.

Welcome aboard.

wow!!! I've been banned for almost 2 months for saying less to other posters.

Just because the new kid doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean your more correct than he is.

wow!!! I've been banned for almost 2 months for saying less to other posters.

Just because the new kid doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean your more correct than he is.

It is not his opinion, its Dope's opinion that has oozed into the Buffalo Bills fan psyche; rehashed and regurgitated. And I think Dope doesn't even rehash it himself anymore.

Anyone that actually watched Evans and Hardy play college football would never actually come to that conclusion.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It is not his opinion, its Dope's opinion that has oozed into the Buffalo Bills fan psyche; rehashed and regurgitated. And I think Dope doesn't even rehash it himself anymore.

Anyone that actually watched Evans and Hardy play college football would never actually come to that conclusion.

really? Because multiple people have either stated that he reminds him of Hardy or are worried that he will be a bust, or that he has a much higher bust potential than others.

But keep being holier than thou.

really? Because multiple people have either stated that he reminds him of Hardy or are worried that he will be a bust, or that he has a much higher bust potential than others.

But keep being holier than thou.

Dude? This is the fight you want to fight? That Evans looks like Hardy.

Good luck with that.

Dude? This is the fight you want to fight? That Evans looks like Hardy.

Good luck with that.

easy there guy.

I simply agreed with a poster that Evans REMINDS ME of Hardy.

It's funny how you always turn everything into a fight and of course your opinion is the only right one.