223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very hard. I think the Chandler re-signing makes Ebron less likely though a TE duo of Ebron and Chandler is interesting as hell. I won't mind copy the PAts in that regard. I think Evans is going to be a beast and hate the idea of passing on him. So I'll go Evans but I'd be more than fine with either.

I'm just not sure the bills will use ebron to his strengths. and think what you'd like about ebron. evans is similar. I really like ebron but think evans is the better match for this offense.

I voted for Evans. Elite WR > Elite TE (assuming they're both elite)

I'm just not sure the bills will use ebron to his strengths. and think what you'd like about ebron. evans is similar. I really like ebron but think evans is the better match for this offense.

Hackett would put Ebron along the OL to run block.

Edited by bobobonators

about 5 or 6 years ago we drafted a big tall drink of water out of University of Indiana to play wide receiver he lasted like two seasons and made like 3 catches. I want a guy that can catch the ball and make first downs and score touchdowns I don't give a s*** how tall he is.

about 5 or 6 years ago we drafted a big tall drink of water out of University of Indiana to play wide receiver he lasted like two seasons and made like 3 catches. I want a guy that can catch the ball and make first downs and score touchdowns I don't give a s*** how tall he is.

Sounds like your missing the point in regards to Mike Evans. His height is only part of the draw. He's also a playmaker with strong hands and has been a difference maker against top competition. Height and maybe separation is the only comparison between Evan's and James Hardy end of story. Hardy was not a YAC, move the chain type of player, let alone a playmaker against press coverage. Also Evan's is already working on his short-coming w/ James Lofton in the off season.

Sounds like your missing the point in regards to Mike Evans. His height is only part of the draw. He's also a playmaker with strong hands and has been a difference maker against top competition. Height and maybe separation is the only comparison between Evan's and James Hardy end of story. Hardy was not a YAC, move the chain type of player, let alone a playmaker against press coverage. Also Evan's is already working on his short-coming w/ James Lofton in the off season.

Is Evans working with James Lofton on how to not act like a big baby on the sidelines?

I'd draft Kelvin Benjamin before I'd draft Mike Evans.

Edited by 1billsfan

Is Evans working with James Lofton on how to not act like a big baby on the sidelines?

I'd draft Kelvin Benjamin before I'd draft Mike Evans.

I'm pretty sure Lofton has a calming influence on a 21 year old fierce competitor that wants to compete & win. You characterize him as being a "big baby" but that's one opinion. Now, was this outburst you reference a common occurrence? An issue that was discussed in team meetings in preparation for an opponent that didn't translate well in the game? Who knows, but to label someone without knowing all the facts is baseless. Some teams put negative info out there for whomever to gobble up, i.e. the Bills with C. Glenn being a guard NOT a tackle...so who really know the situation?

What I did see from him on the sideline was a lot a high five's & pats on the back for elite level play (I'll use that to characterize this player). Some look at it as a maturity thing, hell he was only 19-20 yrs old at the time... either way choosing a HOF'er to mentor you is a helluva step in understanding what it takes to make it in this league and in life off the field.

I'm pretty sure Lofton has a calming influence on a 21 year old fierce competitor that wants to compete & win. You characterize him as being a "big baby" but that's one opinion. Now, was this outburst you reference a common occurrence? An issue that was discussed in team meetings in preparation for an opponent that didn't translate well in the game? Who knows, but to label someone without knowing all the facts is baseless. Some teams put negative info out there for whomever to gobble up, i.e. the Bills with C. Glenn being a guard NOT a tackle...so who really know the situation?

What I did see from him on the sideline was a lot a high five's & pats on the back for elite level play (I'll use that to characterize this player). Some look at it as a maturity thing, hell he was only 19-20 yrs old at the time... either way choosing a HOF'er to mentor you is a helluva step in understanding what it takes to make it in this league and in life off the field.

Great post pimp...But you're using way to much knowledge and reasoning while responding to a poster who had his own personal Matt Scott appreciation month leading up to last years Draft....So... ;)

Just busting your chops 1billsfan...But I'll never forget that Matt Scott thread...It was the bain of my existence... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

Great post pimp...But you're using way to much knowledge and reasoning while responding to a poster who had his own personal Matt Scott appreciation month leading up to last years Draft....So... ;)

Just busting your chops 1billsfan...But I'll never forget that Matt Scott thread...It was the bain of my existence... :lol:

:doh:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Very, very hard. I think the Chandler re-signing makes Ebron less likely though a TE duo of Ebron and Chandler is interesting as hell. I won't mind copy the PAts in that regard. I think Evans is going to be a beast and hate the idea of passing on him. So I'll go Evans but I'd be more than fine with either.

what I don't get is why chandler signing makes much difference, chandler is a cast off and a stop gap, hes OK but Ebron is a threat like Pitta, graham,gronk Vernon davis etc. why not have chandler be the second TE and the depth. What if chandler gets hurt? if a WR gets hurt there is already depth there.