Bills Top 9 War Room Picks for 1st Rd.

Owen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could work both ways. If a QB or two falls maybe our pick becomes more desirable.

All this Ebron talk...I'd say that there is zero chance that he's the pick unless we trade back. We've got 3 guys all signed within the past 10 months. I just don't see it in the first for that matter.

Scott Chandler has had 4 TDs in his last 30 games. The Bills redzone offense has been stick in reverse ranking 29th in passing TDs in the league last year.

Still feel that way?

All this Ebron talk...I'd say that there is zero chance that he's the pick unless we trade back. We've got 3 guys all signed within the past 10 months. I just don't see it in the first for that matter.

Although I like Ebron, I think I'm with you. We already have like five or six TEs on the roster.

Evans is appealing, but the problem again is where he fits in, with four WRs already set in SJ, Woods, Goodwin, and TJ. I'm not sure they're ready to get rid of TJ just yet, and Stevie has three more years left at a fairly reasonable price. I guess if they take Evans and he does well, one of those two would probably be gone in 2015.

OT at #9 just doesn't seem right if the plan is to play him at RT.

Maybe it will be a LB after all...

Ok then, who is EJ passing the ball to in the endzone? It certainly isn't Scott Chandler.

Why not? The need at WR far, far outweighs TE. O-line does as well. Common sense tells me that there is no chance they take a TE in the first.

Score more TD's? They need first and foremost better QB play. Next they need better play calling from the OC. Next they need better blocking from the O-line. Next they need better play from the WR's (those last 2 are interchangable). Next TE.

JMO

I see some on here like Mosley. I got some advice .....STAY AWAY. I really watched him in the bowl game..HORRIBLE. Looked weak and bad reads. Got pushed around . Made very few tackles

Evans, if not, then Aaron Donald if we can't trade back from #9. He can start in a rotation on day 1, and be here for years with Marcel when K. Williams retires. The guy cannot be stopped and lives in the other teams backfield. Then get Morgan Moses (OT) or Yankey (G) in Rd. 2, or roll the dice on Sentrel Henderson later in the draft.

We still need a franchise QB. We will not win till we get one. Oh and T.J. Graham needs cut.

I think if we get a WR, T.J.s days are numbered.

Although I like Ebron, I think I'm with you. We already have like five or six TEs on the roster.

Evans is appealing, but the problem again is where he fits in, with four WRs already set in SJ, Woods, Goodwin, and TJ. I'm not sure they're ready to get rid of TJ just yet, and Stevie has three more years left at a fairly reasonable price. I guess if they take Evans and he does well, one of those two would probably be gone in 2015.

OT at #9 just doesn't seem right if the plan is to play him at RT.

Maybe it will be a LB after all...

IF they Draft Evans...And that's a big if...He takes Hogan's Roster spot...But he would take a lot of TJ's PT...I think the only reason they hold on to TJ this year would be insurance in case Flash gets injured again...It gives the Bills a back-up burner... B-)

The draft is always a gamble, despite all the data, scouting and film study. Even with first round draft pick contracts now down to a more reasonable level, it's still about a 50-50 gamble that can set a team back years if the pick doesn't pan out.

This draft is pretty deep, so I'm thinking it might be good to trade down this year.

If they draft Evans there's no guarantee he'll blossom immediately with a 2nd year QB, and that's assuming EJ progresses the way he should. Same with Ebron.

This draft is going to be a challenge this year, and they have to get it right.

This is ridiculous thinking.

Last year, four tackles went in the Top 15. Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel, Lane Johnson and DJ Fluker. All played on the right side as rookies. Johnson and Fluker are expected to stay there long term. Three of those four teams made the playoffs.

And one of the best teams in football - San Francisco - has a stud right tackle they drafted Top 10.

Left side is marginally more important, but not as much as some make it out to be.

We are talking about the Bills. You draft an OT in the top 10 and he is Cordy Glenn's replacement in a couple years. Plus a couple of those guys already moving to LT.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Ok then, who is EJ passing the ball to in the endzone? It certainly isn't Scott Chandler.

Ebron had 3 TDs last season. 3 games with one TD, 10 with none (the last 7 games in a row). I haven't looked at much footage, but that's not real encouraging.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I'm all in for improving the offense in first 3 rounds. I think getting Manual a big time weapon in the 1st is key. Watkins is my dream pick but probably will be gone.

Evans is intriguing but I'm not sold on him @ 9. Ebron intrigues me a lot more: big, playmaking TE with 4.60 speed. A big TE like that can be a young QBs best friend. Just provides so many mismatches. Can line him up with Chandler in 2 TE sets & keep defenses guessing if Spiller or Fjax will be running or Ebron blowing up the seam.

With the depth at WR, we could still get a player in the 2nd. That would allow us to move Stevie into the slot full time & have Woods+2nd on outside with Ebron at TE. Stevie has his faults but is still one of the best route runners in league & would eat nickle backs a alive.

Mathews also is intriguing. Day 1 starter and a major upgrade over Pears. You can never have too many good linemen & we definitely need another OT. I know its not the sexiest pick but having two young bookend tackles for the next decade would be nice.

I'm still in favor in getting a new weapon for Manuel. Crossing my fingers that there is a huge run on QBs and OTs (7 players with Clowney). That would leave us with Mack or Watkins.. Yes please

Edited by ShhitGoose

If they pick a RT at 9 they should all be fired. Least important player on either side of the ball and no team wins games due to a dominant RT. LT, ok...RT never.

Top 10 picks should be impact players and difference makers, which no RT ever in NFL history has been.

They can get a starter at RT in the 3rd or 4th round and be completely fine---day 1 starter.

Let's stop the insanity with an RT at pick 9. They would get laughed out of the draft by other GMs and personnel people and deservedly so.

You are joking right? Running the football has never resulted in a win? You have to be reall young and ignorant of the game to make such a statement. In flag football you might be right. Although the NFL has "evolved" into a pass happy game featuring the skill player to enhance talking head highlight reels, the game is still won and lost in the trenches. How many OL went early in the draft last year? Which position "cashed-in" big this year inn FA? Yep, you win a cookie. That's right OL. Your right in that they could get a servicable lineman on day 2 who may even start from day 1, but not a dominant OT like those available in round 1. Yeah, draft Ebron after resigning Chandler? I'd be fine with Evans at 9, but the vitriol around not "wasting" #9 on a stud OT is ludicrous. Finding OL based on hope and prayer is not a strategy for success. Edited by Your Mom

Why not? The need at WR far, far outweighs TE. O-line does as well. Common sense tells me that there is no chance they take a TE in the first.

Score more TD's? They need first and foremost better QB play. Next they need better play calling from the OC. Next they need better blocking from the O-line. Next they need better play from the WR's (those last 2 are interchangable). Next TE.

JMO

You can blame everyone but Chandler. However, common sense should tell you that 4 TDs in 30 games is true bottom of the barrel production for a TE and that it's a position the Bills need and will look for a huge upgrade in talent.

Also, common sense should tell you that the Bills just spent 2nd and 3rd round picks on WRs in their last draft and have no intention of drafting a WR in the first couple of rounds in 2014.

Finally, a great TE is a young QBs best friend. EJ Manuel is still on the launching pad. IMO Eric Ebron will be the Bills pick if he's still there at #9.

Bills War Room Draft Board......Could look something like this..

NOTE: These are players they want in order of preference in my opinion

1. DE Clowney .... most likely will be gone

2. OT Robinson ..... most likely will be gone

3. WR Watkins ...... most likely will be gone

4. OT Matthews .....There is a chance he is still on the board

5. OLB Mack ........ Most likely will be gone

6. WR Evans........ There is a chance he will be available

7. OT Lewan ....... There is a chance he will be available

8. TE Ebron ....... He should be available

9. MLB..Mosley ... He should be available

We never know which players will drop.. QBs might be hot for instance giving the Bills a better choice...

My order of Preference right now ... from what I have seen in free agency is: Draft OT Matthews,

WR Evans, or OT Lewan.. Bills need to find a Tall WR, and a starting OT in the draft..

Rule of Thumb is that the Bills will get one of the top 6 picks on this War Room Draft Board....

A trade could happen if a QB is wanted by another team... I doubt this will happen however.\

Not this year...Bills would be so lucky if it did however.

The fact that Jacksonville, Oakland have not signed in starting QBs, it is a good chance that there will be a run on the QBs (at least three of them in Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater) in the Top 8 before the Bills make their pick. With Clowney and Watkins likely to go along with the QBs, the Bills should have their choice of OT to pick. I think in a WR rich draft, the Bills should upgrade the line and then pick a WR in Rd 2 or 3 along with a backup QB in Aaron Murray