Bills Top 9 War Room Picks for 1st Rd.

Owen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If guys like Clowney, Robinson, Matthews or Watkins are gone could they look at someone like Stephon Tuitt, DE from Notre Dame? He has huge upside and can play that strongside defensive end in the base defense and then maybe provide a pass rush on the interior during passing downs.

The Bills will always be well under the cap until they hit on a QB. Until that time there will be more than enough to go around. Once they renegotiate that QB's contract then you can worry about whether the team can afford to keep so & so. Take the best damn player who fits or trade back assuming someone is willing.

I like this post.

Trade back.

A top ten pick can be signed for 5 years. A team needing a certain position and on the successful rebuild would like to get a good player on a 5 year contract. This is a valuable benefit of being top 10.

How can we trade back and stay in the value of top 10?

Anyway, my choice: trade it to Pittsburgh for Rothlesburger.

Oh, we can just fantasize...

My choice, trade it to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

The pick has to be Mike Evans or Eric Ebron.

I thought about Lewan and some said it perfect, you would have to plan on moving Lewan to LT at some point and thats never going to happen. Cheifs and Jags started their OT's at RT with the plan to move them to LT.

I think the only other position we look at would be if Mack fell to us.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

If they pick a RT at 9 they should all be fired. Least important player on either side of the ball and no team wins games due to a dominant RT. LT, ok...RT never.

Top 10 picks should be impact players and difference makers, which no RT ever in NFL history has been.

They can get a starter at RT in the 3rd or 4th round and be completely fine---day 1 starter.

Let's stop the insanity with an RT at pick 9. They would get laughed out of the draft by other GMs and personnel people and deservedly so.

This is ridiculous thinking.

Last year, four tackles went in the Top 15. Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel, Lane Johnson and DJ Fluker. All played on the right side as rookies. Johnson and Fluker are expected to stay there long term. Three of those four teams made the playoffs.

And one of the best teams in football - San Francisco - has a stud right tackle they drafted Top 10.

Left side is marginally more important, but not as much as some make it out to be.

What is the value if he is not a need? Is BPA a need? Does that make it more or less valuable? At 10 we would most certainly be drafting BPA and filling one of our more marginal needs. We have few glaring needs and those lesser needs can be filled by many players and positions.

I'd just as soon trade down and pick up an extra pick, possibly even out of the first if it gets us something very good, like a first and 2nd this year and more. A pick next year might have more value to us this year, I certainly think it will.

I'm all for Big Ben coming to Buffalo. I was sitting there wondering why we didn't draft the kid the entire time, but I've been a fan of his since he was in Findlay.

good point.

Is there a player we can draft at 9 that we know would start for the 2014? Watkins would be 2nd/3rd WR, and still see limited playing time. The OT's/OG's would likely get playing time, but would they start all season? Would it be worth it?

Does he have to start? (thinking of seifer's 9'ers...)

I think Watkins balls out from week 1. No reason to keep him on the pine, he's way more polished than tj/Goodwin/hogan etc etc.

prob woods and Stevie also.

I would love to root for Big Ben. He's good for playoffs year one on this team one would think.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

This is ridiculous thinking.

Last year, four tackles went in the Top 15. Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel, Lane Johnson and DJ Fluker. All played on the right side as rookies. Johnson and Fluker are expected to stay there long term. Three of those four teams made the playoffs.

And one of the best teams in football - San Francisco - has a stud right tackle they drafted Top 10.

Left side is marginally more important, but not as much as some make it out to be.

Especially with defenses flip flopping their best pass rushers and if you want your second year QB to succeed. I have not decided who I would pick yet, but if the best player left on the Bills' board is a tackle, I have no problem with the Bills drafting a stud tackle. If the best remaining player is a difference maker WR (or insert another position), I am ok with that too. I also am ok with Bills trading back for fair return value. It is going to be a strong draft.

I still feel that Ebron is the right pick.....and it would be great if we could trade down a bit and get him......

- The Tight End is the young QB's comfort weapon.

- We did resign Chandler.....both Chandler and Moeki are not speed mismatch tight ends......

- There is the injury concerns with Moeki....and for that matter Chandler hasnt been staying healthy lately either

- Ebron while not as fast is a more athletic TE then the niners TE.......he is the kind of guy that LB's cant cover and is too big for corners

- He also gives effort in the blocking game....which Chandler does not do

I would like to trade down and get an additonal second.......then take a OG and a OT with those picks

I still feel that Ebron is the right pick.....and it would be great if we could trade down a bit and get him......

- The Tight End is the young QB's comfort weapon.

- We did resign Chandler.....both Chandler and Moeki are not speed mismatch tight ends......

- There is the injury concerns with Moeki....and for that matter Chandler hasnt been staying healthy lately either

- Ebron while not as fast is a more athletic TE then the niners TE.......he is the kind of guy that LB's cant cover and is too big for corners

- He also gives effort in the blocking game....which Chandler does not do

I would like to trade down and get an additonal second.......then take a OG and a OT with those picks

He is good. I also heard rumblings that he is a prima donna. Does anyone know whether there is any truth to that?

Whatever it is, I really hope there is a run on QB before we pick.

I am afraid teams are re-evaluating whether the "top three" QBs are worth a top ten pick.

Could work both ways. If a QB or two falls maybe our pick becomes more desirable.

All this Ebron talk...I'd say that there is zero chance that he's the pick unless we trade back. We've got 3 guys all signed within the past 10 months. I just don't see it in the first for that matter.