Chris Williams signed

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense - another guy not on CBSSportsline list of top 166 free agents. I wonder how old Russ is going to package this! So far free agency has been great for Ralphy- he escapes having to pay his top dog.

Makes sense - another guy not on CBSSportsline list of top 166 free agents. I wonder how old Russ is going to package this! So far free agency has been great for Ralphy- he escapes having to pay his top dog.

There are other teams to root for. Sounds like the saints aren't cheap.

I trust Polian more than CBS. But he does have some of the bigger name free agents rated well below Williams.

If he's the guy that I am thinking of he was a 1st round pick a few years back by the Bears. He was the Rams starting LG. I don't know how well he played but Polian likes him. I do know how well the Bills LGs played so it'd have to be an upgrade.

Edit: His PFF score was -21.6 last year (lowest on the team). That is Eric Fisher territory. PFF isn't the be all and end all but is usually fairly telling. That's not good. I now believe that he is being looked at for depth. He can play guard or either tackle position.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He may be a good choice to fill a position of need. Never can have too many liemen. I would have expected us to be going after one or more FA to fill a linebacker or even OT position. If we get a quality tackle it opens up our first round pick for someone like EBRON or a starting linebacker (Kahlil?)

Polian has him ranked as 4th-best OT in FA:

http://insider.espn....tion=46&type=-1

My understanding is that OBD is looking at him as a LG candidate.

If he's the guy that I am thinking of he was a 1st round pick a few years back by the Bears. He was the Rams starting LG. I don't know how well he played but Polian likes him. I do know how well the Bills LGs played so it'd have to be an upgrade.

He's average...but then again, that's all this team needs between Wood and Glenn is an average LG

You are correct. He would be a low key Solid value pickup!

Edited by marauderswr80

Don't you know that the teams that spend the most in FA usually make the playoffs? No wonder the Bills suck. The Dolphins, Bucs, Redskins are all big spenders generally speaking and their names are synonymous with winning. Known losers like the Packers, Patriots and Steelers build thru the draft and mid tier free agents like morons.