Here's your veteran backup QB <edit>Fitzgibbons released

Rubes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm out on old Fitzy. One thing about a cut, it heals and stops bleeding. If I'm going to bleed I'd rather have a new cut because opening an old wound just leaves a bigger and uglier scar.

I guess it's like what they say what the definition of insanity is. There's a reason why the Titans don't want him. We should know better than anyone else, the guy has been on what, 4 teams now? This organization desperately needs to keep on moving forward

You mean like when the Bills brought in TJax, refused to let him play, cut him, and then brought him back again?

Anyway, yeah--Fitz played on 4 different teams (and likely will play on a 5th) because each team valued him as a backup. He then started due to injuries on each team.

He would be our best backup, by far, right now. That being the case, I would bring him in. They are already paying for him...

It's apparent that we haven't seen good qb play here in forever that fans are wishing to bring this clown back.

Seems like a nice enough guy but I hated every second of the Ryan Fitzpatrick era. Just symbolized the years of mediocrity and irrelevance this team has been in the past decade-plus.

It's apparent that we haven't seen good qb play here in forever that fans are wishing to bring this clown back.

Seems like a nice enough guy but I hated every second of the Ryan Fitzpatrick era. Just symbolized the years of mediocrity and irrelevance this team has been in the past decade-plus.

Nobody wants him as a starter. He's a perfect backup. If you lose your starting QB for the year, you are pretty much sunk anyway, with the exception of a handful of teams. To start a few games in a pinch, Fitz is an ideal candidate. Tennessee's problem was not Fitz, it was Locker's health.

If you like exciting losses more than boring losses Fitz is your guy.

boring losses would be your 45-7, 52-0 sort because the defense was among the worst in the history of the game - but don't let that get in the way. Like him or not the offense could move the football- would be good as a back up

Edited by CardinalScotts

There he is!

Actually, let's get that QB who can take a hit. The one who can survive training camp, the first 8 games and the last 8 games.

You like fitz's version of 6-10 better than EJ's ? I prefer to keep the fitzanchor far far away.

I remember the feelings of helplessness vs any team that sniffed a .500 record.

Forgetaboutit.....

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Nobody wants him as a starter. He's a perfect backup. If you lose your starting QB for the year, you are pretty much sunk anyway, with the exception of a handful of teams. To start a few games in a pinch, Fitz is an ideal candidate. Tennessee's problem was not Fitz, it was Locker's health.

I understand that sentiment. I don't agree though. You know what you're getting with him. Which is not much. I'd rather have an unknown wildcard at backup and hope you accidentally hit the lottery.

You like fitz's version of 6-10 better than EJ's ? I prefer to keep the fitzanchor far far away.

I remember the feelings of helplessness vs any team that sniffed a .500 record.

Forgetaboutit.....

One QB got to 6-10 with like the 32nd best defense. The other got to 6-10 with like the 10th ranked defense. Hmm...

That's exactly who he is (as many others have aptly noted). That said, I don't think he'd make the move. He'll surely have other options that won't have any attached "baggage". It would be like dating an ex-wife (in order to avoid any potential libel suits, I will not ask any of you out there to comment). Rather, I will refer you to an article in "Psychology Today" that addresses the subject. When reading the article, in this instance, I believe it would be appropriate to substitute "former team" for "sweetheart" because I believe Fitz was the jilted party: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/getting-laid-over-60/201101/should-you-date-your-ex-spouse

Fitz is a smart player with experience. He excels at pre-snap reads, breaking down defenses and getting the ball out quickly (usually to the right WR.) His problems were his physical skills and trying to do too much with those limited abilities.

How is he not the perfect back up QB to help your young QBs get up to speed? He could help both EJ and Thad. Who says he ever has to see the field? If EJ goes down there's nothing preventing the Bills from using Thad, which is what they have to do now anyway. Personally, I'd love a vet back there helping the young guys out.

That being said I doubt it happens, but it would be a good move to get some experience at the QB position whether it's Fitz or someone else.