Here's your veteran backup QB <edit>Fitzgibbons released

Rubes

SalSports

OK, I'll say it. The #Bills could've used Fitz last year. He's actually the right kind of backup this team needs….(now runs and hides)

3/13/14, 5:46 PM

Agreed. We would have won the chiefs game off the top of my head. I'm fine with him as long as he does not come in and create a controversy. He's worth $4 mil as a quality back up.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he win 50% of the games he starts?

I like this point. And I remember in the late 90's reading a report/article about backup QB's and the average number of starts they make a season. Then it was a fractional number over barely 2. Realizing many other details - how good the team is, the defense, and if there are RB's and an OL is important. But if you can get a backup to go 1-1 in the two games he gets time in then I think you have to be pleased. If you have a decent team, a defensive unit that can keep the opposition out of the end zone, RBs to use the clock and keep it off the backup, with an OL to protect him then it should be possible to go 1-1 with a game managing backup QB.

He is a terrible QB. The epitome on not understanding your limitations. He gets way too much credit for being smart. He is actually a dumb dumb. He is not capable of making certain plays yet continually tries to make them.

I loved Fitz when he was here. He got the most out of his limited ability. IMO, he would have been the perfect backup/ mentor to EJ. I laughed at people who thought Kolb was better than Fitz. But that ship has sailed. Thad Lewis probably is the better QB at this point. Lewis is a very solid backup.

so, just being clear, you'd not entertain Kevin Kolb, either?

Kolb's NFL career was ended by a placemat. So, no.

You like fitz's version of 6-10 better than EJ's ? I prefer to keep the fitzanchor far far away.

I remember the feelings of helplessness vs any team that sniffed a .500 record.

Forgetaboutit.....

We are talking about bringing Fitz in as a backup. EJ was 4-6 last year. Maybe he can reach 6-10 next year, but only if he stays healthy...

Wait, the only way we get him back..........we are already paying him, and he says OK, you can just pay me what you are already paying me!!!! hahaha

Imagine, they decide to sign him, and are paying him for his old contract and a new one together!!