Trade Stevie Johnson to Carolina, they have no WRs

Security

I have been following twobillsdrive for 3 years. I enjoy it. This is my first post!

I hear banter both ways on Stevie. I do not support him for many reasons. Injuries, inconsistent play, alligator arms, not taking ownership and....something nobody seems to bring up here.

Stevie runs awkward routes. Most believe it is a benefit and it is how he gets open. And, that is true. However, I think it helps lead to EJ's struggle as he does not know where he is. Fitz did well with Stevie. EJ does not. The games Stevie missed EJ did quite well. I think Stevie makes the learning curve for EJ worse and the chemistry is not quite there. I also think Stevie demands the ball, so, EJ is always looking for him instead of going through his progressions. Then EJ can't find Stevie because he does not know where he will be and timing is off. Overall, the whole passing attack is worse with Stevie in the lineup. He is a talent. But, it is like having a lefthanded QB! It just throws everyone else off.

Welcome aboard, Manther!

You're gonna need a suit of armor..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't trade Stevie......we all know his bread and butter are slant routes.....we need to get on Hackett to utilize Stevie better......I'd like to see the Bills keep him and Woods and Goodwin as their top 3. and draft one of those stud TE's

Why can't it be Watkins or Evans + Johnson + Woods + Goodwin?

I don't understand the argument that "he's not a true #1 so we should get rid of him"

If he's not a true #1 make him a #2 or #3 until it causes us cap issues.

Better idea.

How about we keep him. Then if we happen to land a good receiver, we can get rid of Kevin Elliott, Chris Hogan, TJ Graham or someone that is worthless.

No matter how much you dislke Stevie, he's definitely better than those guys.

Well said, especially Graham. I'm so sick of hearing about his speed. If you drop the pass, it doesn't matter how fast you are. As far as SJ speed and dropped passes, the dropped pass thing is well over stated, and if he is so slow, how did he get 3 1000 yd seasons. There is more to football than speed and he is a fantastic route runner.

Place him as a #2 after a first round pick this year, and watch the receiving core really improve.

In all seriousness I could see us moving CJ Spiller before SJ.

I've been saying this, I think NO would be a perfect landing spot for him and maybe we can pick up a 2nd or 3rd. I really don't think Spiller fits what Marrones offense wants to do. It seems that this Offense is built for a down hill runner who can take a beating and hand out hits of their own. JMO

I've been saying this, I think NO would be a perfect landing spot for him and maybe we can pick up a 2nd or 3rd. I really don't think Spiller fits what Marrones offense wants to do. It seems that this Offense is built for a down hill runner who can take a beating and hand out hits of their own. JMO

The Dixon signing makes me think that too.

Couldn't disagree more. Spiller is our best offensive player & you just want to give h awy for a 3rd round pick?? that's insane to me.

Great coaches tailor their scheme's to their player's strengths. Spiller is one of the most deadly players in space yet they refused to use him that way. The screen pass should be this team's bread and butter yet was barely used last year. Think using him in a Percy Harvin type role.

You dont win games by trading away your best playmaker for a 3rd round pick; you add pages to your playbook that showcase his strengths- getting him the ball in space

I think Stevie is good and we shoule trade CJ if he doesn't negioate before his contract comes up. Maybe Darius too. Screw having Byrds that you don't get anything for when they leave. At the very least you shp them and get offers. this btw doesn't mean I don't want them here.

Edited by bowery4

What he does well:

1. Great route runner.

What? He likes to 'make up his own' routes. He and fitz both spoke about this and how Fitz was someone that would know where Stevie was going to go. I seem tor recall Gailey speaking about it how he let Stevie go with it because it worked and allowed him to get open.