The Bills are doing an excellent job in Free Agency

1B4IDie

The Bills have brought in two former first round picks, 1 at LB, 1 at O-Line, re-sign a clutch kicker, and brought in a Buffalo Native, Super Bowl champion at DB. With more signings possible in the future.

I'm really happy with the Free Agents and think they will strengthen the team and improve the Bills chances of winning.

I really don't get all the pissing and moaning around here.

Byrd wanted to be free. Get over it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have brought in two former first round picks, 1 at LB, 1 at O-Line, re-sign a clutch kicker, and brought in a Buffalo Native, Super Bowl champion at DB. With more signings possible in the future.

I'm really happy with the Free Agents and think they will strengthen the team and improve the Bills chances of winning.

Me either but whatever. Sounds like a bunch of Sabres fans on the SabreSpace when Murray started making moves. I didn't get that either. We've been waiting long enough and that's why we have new people in charge. Let them do their jobs. That's why they were hired and not some message board GM.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens this year. EJ gets better, Marrone gets better, Whaley gets better etc etc etc.

OR ELSE! :death:

It just gets really hard as a fan to hold any faith in this franchise after 15 years of no playoffs. You see the Bills draft a guy like Byrd in the 2nd round and like most, was wondering WHY ANOTHER DB BUFFALO!!!???? Well that guy turned into a helluva football player and instead of paying him we let him walk out the door a la....Greer, Peters, P Williams, D Whitner, P Posluzny, A Winfield etc....

Just gets really hard when you put it all together to get excited about anything. Every year its disappointment followed by renew hope and optimism that "this year" will be the year we finally get it right...only to be let down with the season over before we even play in December.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

When will it ever change ?

I used to be like you. A Homer. Step outside of the box and look at the big picture. Until the bills win dont keep falling for the same Bull*****

It just gets really hard as a fan to hold any faith in this franchise after 15 years of no playoffs. You see the Bills draft a guy like Byrd in the 2nd round and like most, was wondering WHY ANOTHER DB BUFFALO!!!???? Well that guy turned into a helluva football player and instead of paying him we let him walk out the door a la....Greer, Peters, P Williams, D Whitner, P Posluzny, A Winfield etc....

Just gets really hard when you put it all together to get excited about anything. Every year its disappointment followed by renew hope and optimism that "this year" will be the year we finally get it right...only to be let down with the season over before we even play in December.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I used to be like you. A Homer. Step outside of the box and look at the big picture. Until the bills win dont keep falling for the same Bull*****

We also signed K. Williams, A. Williams, Wood, etc....we tried to sign Byrd, but we can't tie him up and force him to be here....I mean, I understand that so many years of frustration is hard, but if it breaks you, find another distraction, another hobby, another obsession. Honestly, there was a lot of hope last year, and this off-season has been an intriguing gambit so far. It could fall apart and they could be 6-10 yet again. As optimistic as I am, I would not be shocked. But if you cannot have some hope, find some other pursuit. It's just f-ing sports. And I say that as an obsessive fan.

I'm a Bills fan in DC. Skins fans are down here pissing and moaning to no end. Fans want their teams to get better and show no patience. The Bills made some solid signings today but nothing flashy which is probably good.

We also signed K. Williams, A. Williams, Wood, etc....we tried to sign Byrd, but we can't tie him up and force him to be here....I mean, I understand that so many years of frustration is hard, but if it breaks you, find another distraction, another hobby, another obsession. Honestly, there was a lot of hope last year, and this off-season has been an intriguing gambit so far. It could fall apart and they could be 6-10 yet again. As optimistic as I am, I would not be shocked. But if you cannot have some hope, find some other pursuit. It's just f-ing sports. And I say that as an obsessive fan.

God Bless the obsessive fan! Cheers!!

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Thank you i get blasted for saying this stuff, glad to see i'm not the only one that doesn't get signing 1st rounders that flame out & such but hey it's apparently just me … :wacko:

The Broncos & Pats are having a excellent FA the Bills i don't see it refer to last 4 words of sentence above ...

Edited by T master

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I think it starts at quarterback. Manuel is going to have to step up and have a good year if we make it back to the playoffs.

Despite losing Byrd, I did not like the Pettine went to the Browns. I hope that doesn't affect the progress we made this past season.

Saying its good that the bills brought in two former number one picks is nothing more than polishing a turd. Williams was the worst OL player on a bad Rams Oline. Kind of reminds me of the Legursky signing. Legursky could not break into a bad Pitt Oline but we plug him as a started, now we plug in this guy? Keith has underperformed everywhere he has been. Tell me why you would not take his 2.5 and apply that to Byrd a pro bowl player. You could back fill Keith an UDFA rookie and not lose any production. After five years in the league it doesn't matter where a guy was drafted, it matters if he is a player.

Graham is a good signing and means we don't need to draft a DB very high, but we do have to draft a safety by round 3.

I am also glad they resigned Carpenter but again if you take the $MM's to sign him, add it to Keith's $2.5 annual cost you have at least half of Byrd's salary! And we have Hokins still on the roster to replace Carpenter.

I'm OK with Carpenter and the DB

But get real, the 2 former 1st rounders are closer to busts

Why do you think Byrd wanted to get out?

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I like to think there's something in between being a homer and thinking the world is crashing down because the team didn't blow its cap space during the first couple days of free agency. He's not being a homer, he's telling people to relax.

Teams don't win championships through signing free agents, ask the past few winners. To me these look like responsible signings.

I like to think there's something in between being a homer and thinking the world is crashing down because the team didn't blow its cap space during the first couple days of free agency. He's not being a homer, he's telling people to relax.

Teams don't win championships through signing free agents, ask the past few winners. To me these look like responsible signings.

Buffalo hasn't won anything allowing their top guys to hit UFA or traded them away for draft picks either.

Why do you think Byrd wanted to get out?

Who cares? He didn't want to stay and I sure as hell didn't want a flare up of Plantar fasciitis either. We treated him fairly and that wasn't good enough. Adios. Oh and try to never have any of Eugene Parkers clients ever again.

I think that they have done okay so far - B- as a grade. Graham was a good signing, I am a little indifferent about the other players (Chris Williams and Keith Rivers) but I'm happy that they addressed those positions. Byrd situation is what it is and I am fine with not paying him that money. Carpenter was a good resigning and there was no reason to bother bringing back that stiff Caussin. We will see what else happens but it's been ok so far.

Saying its good that the bills brought in two former number one picks is nothing more than polishing a turd. Williams was the worst OL player on a bad Rams Oline. Kind of reminds me of the Legursky signing. Legursky could not break into a bad Pitt Oline but we plug him as a started, now we plug in this guy? Keith has underperformed everywhere he has been. Tell me why you would not take his 2.5 and apply that to Byrd a pro bowl player. You could back fill Keith an UDFA rookie and not lose any production. After five years in the league it doesn't matter where a guy was drafted, it matters if he is a player.

Graham is a good signing and means we don't need to draft a DB very high, but we do have to draft a safety by round 3.

I am also glad they resigned Carpenter but again if you take the $MM's to sign him, add it to Keith's $2.5 annual cost you have at least half of Byrd's salary! And we have Hokins still on the roster to replace Carpenter.

We don't need a safety jumbalaya, we drafted 2 of them last year because we planned on Byrd being a cry baby for all 16 games instead of the 6 he missed.

I could care less if the guy grew up in Buffalo or Thailand. The talent on this team is still not very good at MLB, TE, WR, RT, DE, SS, and QB. Translation we are screwed unless EJ develops and they hit on at least three draft picks.

So Mario & Branch weren't enough for you? I'd say we're fine at DE. WRs have a lot of prospect. QB...seriously, look at the standard rookie qb season...Manuel actually played well for his level of experience and there's hope. The rest: well, it's early in the off-season....we'll see. But if you're questioning DE as "not very good," I question you.