Best Free Agent Fits...Donte Whitner?

This brought out a giggle/smile, and it made my day...this is just too funny.

http://www.nfl.com/n...free-agent-fits

* Donte Whitner to NFL Media *

"I'm calling for NFL Media to pony up and bring Whitner to Culver City and place him in the desk next to Around The League's boss, Gregg Rosenthal. (For those who might have missed it, Whitner vociferously called out Rosenthal for the slight of being ranked No. 44 on ATL's free-agent list.) For the next year, Whitner can sit next to Rosenthal and pass on all his football wisdom. The two can watch film together and argue whether or not a hit is illegal and where Jon Asamoah should be on the free-agent list. I can just hear the constant, fantastic derision from Whitner. I'll gladly chip in at least seven bucks." -- Kevin Patra

Everybody knows this guy is a clown...so glad he is no longer in Buffalo, what a bust at #8 overall! :bag:

Edited by Bob Malooga

Everybody knows this guy is a clown...so glad he is no longer in Buffalo, what a bust at #8 overall! :bag:

The sad part is as bad as he was in the last 10 drafts or so Mike Williams, John McCargo, JP Losman and Aaron Maybin off the top of my head were all much worse players. That's how you go years without playoffs.

This dude burned too many bridges. Say what you want. A professional at least keeps his market value up by not talking sh-- about anybody. I am over Whitner, but I can't see the Bills wanting him, or him really wanting them, to be honest. If he did, it would be purely for leverage, IMO.

The sad part is as bad as he was in the last 10 drafts or so Mike Williams, John McCargo, JP Losman and Aaron Maybin off the top of my head were all much worse players. That's how you go years without playoffs.

And there's this.

I can agree with this.

I had to wretch when I saw this thread. :cry:

I bought a wrench when I saw this thread.

I was NOT, in any way, saying/implying that the Bills should pick up Donte Whitner. Not at all...the whole content was deemed "funny" from the get-go.

I even said, I am glad he is no longer in Buffalo. lol.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Never got the hate for this guy.

I hate the Bills for drafting a 2nd/3rd rounder 8th overall. He's just not a good safety, gets beat deep & ranover by rbs. Alot of his weaknesses are masked in a great 9ers D.

Never got the hate for this guy.

Well...

He was doomed from the get-go here...I agree with those who say it was not Lil' Donte's fault he was over-drafted...Then you have the fact that so many Bills fans were convinced Ngata was going to be and should be the pick...It was really looking like a no-brainer that Ngata would be the pick...

I've shared my personal story here a couple times...I was in my LR jumping up and down chanting "Ngata! Ngata! Ngata!!!" The Whitner pick was announced...I was shocked...Then quickly pissed...It was about to go from bad to worse...I was looking for something to kick...I picked my 25 lb free weight dumbbell...One BIG problem...It's late Spring in Charlotte NC and I'm not wearing shoes...I split my toe open and I'm bleeding everywhere...My toe felt broken...

So...I pretty much always hated Donte Whitner...Every time he over-ran a ball carrier, or got beat in coverage, I was reminded of my anger...He broke my toe... :lol:

I hate the Bills for drafting a 2nd/3rd rounder 8th overall. He's just not a good safety, gets beat deep & ranover by rbs. Alot of his weaknesses are masked in a great 9ers D.

I have limited power currently and not much opportunity. But would someone please lookup up how many draft picks after him went to the Pro Bowl? It won't be his last. His name is too big. But I do not know why people still call him a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He has multiple pro bowls (2 IIRC and even with just 1) that speak easily to say he might just have been worth his pick. Just not to the Bills.

Well...

He was doomed from the get-go here...I agree with those who say it was not Lil' Donte's fault he was over-drafted...Then you have the fact that so many Bills fans were convinced Ngata was going to be and should be the pick...It was really looking like a no-brainer that Ngata would be the pick...

I've shared my personal story here a couple times...I was in my LR jumping up and down chanting "Ngata! Ngata! Ngata!!!" The Whitner pick was announced...I was shocked...Then quickly pissed...It was about to go from bad to worse...I was looking for something to kick...I picked my 25 lb free weight dumbbell...One BIG problem...It's late Spring in Charlotte NC and I'm not wearing shoes...I split my toe open and I'm bleeding everywhere...My toe felt broken...

So...I pretty much always hated Donte Whitner...Every time he over-ran a ball carrier, or got beat in coverage, I was reminded of my anger...He broke my toe... :lol:

I was at my brothers wedding reception and had to ask a bar tender to check on the draft. He wrote the entire list of the top 12 picks for me and said as he walked out the 13th pick was whoever.

Great time. Great time.

Me either, as all he did was make the many tackles that the players in front of him whiffed on....

You obviously do not remember that he could not defend against a Tight End to save his life.

I never hated the guy, his play just frustrated me. True, it wasn't his fault that he was selected 8th overall.

Edited by Mark Vader

I have limited power currently and not much opportunity. But would someone please lookup up how many draft picks after him went to the Pro Bowl? It won't be his last. His name is too big. But I do not know why people still call him a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He has multiple pro bowls (2 IIRC and even with just 1) that speak easily to say he might just have been worth his pick. Just not to the Bills.

I was at my brothers wedding reception and had to ask a bar tender to check on the draft. He wrote the entire list of the top 12 picks for me and said as he walked out the 13th pick was whoever.

Great time. Great time.

I am with you on Whitner. He is a pretty good NFL player. The Bills have wasted plenty of picks on guys that were much worse players than Donte. He may have been the wrong pick at 8 but lets not pretend that he is Maybin. The guy has been a starter in the league for 7 years or so and has been to the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl. He may not be great but there are worse players in the league and on the Bills roster.