Best Free Agent Fits...Donte Whitner?

This brought out a giggle/smile, and it made my day...this is just too funny.

http://www.nfl.com/n...free-agent-fits

* Donte Whitner to NFL Media *

"I'm calling for NFL Media to pony up and bring Whitner to Culver City and place him in the desk next to Around The League's boss, Gregg Rosenthal. (For those who might have missed it, Whitner vociferously called out Rosenthal for the slight of being ranked No. 44 on ATL's free-agent list.) For the next year, Whitner can sit next to Rosenthal and pass on all his football wisdom. The two can watch film together and argue whether or not a hit is illegal and where Jon Asamoah should be on the free-agent list. I can just hear the constant, fantastic derision from Whitner. I'll gladly chip in at least seven bucks." -- Kevin Patra

Everybody knows this guy is a clown...so glad he is no longer in Buffalo, what a bust at #8 overall! :bag:

I thought it was hitner ;) ( I hate clowns that talk in third person)

I am with you on Whitner. He is a pretty good NFL player. The Bills have wasted plenty of picks on guys that were much worse players than Donte. He may have been the wrong pick at 8 but lets not pretend that he is Maybin. The guy has been a starter in the league for 7 years or so and has been to the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl. He may not be great but there are worse players in the league and on the Bills roster.

did he make the super bowl...or his team...also when did he go to a pro bowl? not as a bill right?

did he make the super bowl...or his team...also when did he go to a pro bowl? not as a bill right?

He started in a Super Bowl and played in at least 1 Pro Bowl while in SF (I think 2 but I am not sure). He is a pretty good NFL player that's all that I am saying. He is not Ronnie Lott but he is not Aaron Maybin either.

what don't you get??? 2-3 ints from a safety in 4 years...??? oh wait that's really good I guess....still backing byrd too and his fake plantar-I don't want to play itis??

what's your point? He is a SS and an old school style thumper that this league had few of anymore. He isn't a INT ball hawking safety. He is not Polamulaoaollaallaalol in a Tampa 2. He is more a Rhonde Barber Jon Lynch Tampa 2 type who needs a 3-4 in front of him that can provide a LB to cover the TE so he can play the run. He is not the ideal pass defender and shouldn't have to be for the type of player he is because everyone knows he is weak in pass coverage.

So what's your point? Clearly you have one and spoke it poorly. Or you just wanted to whine and fuss and still crying spilled milk on Byrd's 2013 season.

And I wish we would have kept Byrd. He would have been great to have had on the field vs. Atlanta and The 2nd NE game. The guy does have heart and doesn't give up.