So I wonder who Buffalo is Calling?

I didn't even think about that but it's a great point. That kind of sucks trying to recruit someone in the midst of a mid March snowstorm.

I just think back to the Mario recruitment. The weather was unseasonably warm and we were still all on pins and needles hoping that he and his fiancé would like the area. I hate to say it, but it plays a big part- especially if we go after one of the bigger fish. Crappy weather in March doesn't help us.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think back to the Mario recruitment. The weather was unseasonably warm and we were still all on pins and needles hoping that he and his fiancé would like the area. I hate to say it, but it plays a big part- especially if we go after one of the bigger fish. Crappy weather in March doesn't help us.

weather < deers in your backyard

I just read that Chad Rinehart re-signed with the Chargers. I was hoping that we could sign him (given that the Bills are preparing us for mid level FA activity).

http://profootballta...-with-chargers/

Lots and lots of guards out there...Bills could look at any of Asamoah, Beadles, Boothe, Colon, Lauvao, Nwaneri, Schwartz, or Wade Smith

Would LOVE Saffold.

Heard Saffold wants to play OT, and wants in the neighborhood of $8M/year...no thanks at that rate.

Lots and lots of guards out there...Bills could look at any of Asamoah, Beadles, Boothe, Colon, Lauvao, Nwaneri, Schwartz, or Wade Smith

Heard Saffold wants to play OT, and wants in the neighborhood of $8M/year...no thanks at that rate.

Perhaps. I just hope whoever is starting at LG in 2014 is a significant upgrade over what we had.

Perhaps. I just hope whoever is starting at LG in 2014 is a significant upgrade over what we had.

As do I...it'd be hard not to be though. I think LG is a need, but I don't think we need an all-pro...just someone that's passable; I mean, the guy is going to be playing between Wood and Glenn...he just needs to be able to hold his own.

Who besides me has checked TBD 30 million times during the anti tampering free agency window expecting to see atleast a few rumors? A little disappointing. Guess it's Byrd or bust right now.

Me, my girlfriend is not liking it, on top of that I just joined the board.She's going to be pissed. :lol:

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 3m

Why haven't fans realized that leaks about player personnel from OBD are few and far between?

Spot on about OBD. I long for the days of NeverGiveUp insider info.

That said, agents are leaking info left and right during this "window". It has been radio silent re; the Bills. Makes me believe that we're not going to be a big player in FA.

Spot on about OBD. I long for the days of NeverGiveUp insider info.

That said, agents are leaking info left and right during this "window". It has been radio silent re; the Bills. Makes me believe that we're not going to be a big player in FA.

i think they have made it clear we arent going to be flashy. and i think we are becoming increasingly a place that encourages negotiations to be handled privately when possible, after having some guys seem to publicly use us.

Why would you wonder who Buffalo is calling after saying stuff like this?

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it. and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much. I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams. If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."

They have no choice, all teams must spend to 95% of cap starting this year per CBA...put the pipe down. The Bills spend money, a lot of times on the wrong players but they do spend. I know this ruins fantasyland but unfortuanately reality doesn't match up to what you claim

Edited by matter2003

They have no choice, all teams must spend to 95% of cap starting this year per CBA...put the pipe down. The Bills spend money, a lot of times on the wrong players but they do spend. I know this ruins fantasyland but unfortuanately reality doesn't match up to what you claim

No. Teams must spend 89% of the cap on average from 2013-16 and 2017-20. League-wide the requirement is 95%, but that's more complicated.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/3/1/5459982/49ers-salary-cap-minimum-cash-spending-requirement-cba

So I wonder who Buffalo is calling? That's what this thread is about. OK, this may be one of the dumbest one ever. It's kind of like wonder, who gets to bang Jennifer Connolly? Does it really freakin matter who we call? It matters who we sign, and then how we coach them.

I don't care if we call three FA or 33, sign a few player who can contribute and get us a winner!

BTW

Its this guy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0079273/?ref_=nmbio_sp_1