You Vote, I'll Grab Him!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knocks on Evans are mostly imaginary. If he is there at #9 it's a no brainer.

I love that a couple of weeks ago many called him the 2nd coming of Hardy...the height is the only comparison, he's much more physical and has much better hands. One scout said the knock on johnny Football was he missed open WR, notably Evans, to Evans' credit he didn't give up and worked back to the ball on many plays.

Edited by frogger

I love that a couple of weeks ago many called him the 2nd coming of Hardy...the height is the only comparison, he's much more physical and has much better hands. One scout said the knock on johnny Football was he missed open WR, notably Evans, to Evans' credit he didn't give up and worked back to the ball on many plays.

What I remember were questions about his speed, and not just from folks here. Everyone (pundits too) wanted to see his combine 40 time. Once he "beat the clock" those concerns evaporated.

Just saw Great Blue North has Evans going #5 overall to Oakland...

Uh oh! :mellow:

Yeah I'm starting to believe Evans won't be there at #9. It he interviews well knows his X and Os and people think he will work hard to better his craft he almost assuredly will be gone.

I fear the scenario of Watkins, Mack, and Evans being gone and none of the QB's taken.

I fear the same. Bridgewater, Manziel, and Carr aren't exactly sure fire prospects that a GM wants to make "their guy" with a top ten pick.

Someone may roll the dice on Johnny but I can see the rest all falling and being taken in trade back or trade up moves later in the first.

Which then puts a team that needs an offensive weapon in a bind. Although I don't see a scenario where Ebron is taken top 8.

My fear with Ebron is that it takes years for TEs to develop. He will be labeled a bust before he contributes in 2016.

Well...It's a Bills message board so a few folks tend to always tie a Bills bust to a player they don't want to see the Bills Draft...It's simpleton thinking at it's finest...

From the scouts in the know I'm reading a lot more comparisons to Brandon Marshall than James Hardy...Well...I have yet to see anyone who writes or scouts football compare him to James Hardy...so... ;)

Yeah I'm starting to believe Evans won't be there at #9. It he interviews well knows his X and Os and people think he will work hard to better his craft he almost assuredly will be gone.

I fear the same. Bridgewater, Manziel, and Carr aren't exactly sure fire prospects that a GM wants to make "their guy" with a top ten pick.

Someone may roll the dice on Johnny but I can see the rest all falling and being taken in trade back or trade up moves later in the first.

Which then puts a team that needs an offensive weapon in a bind. Although I don't see a scenario where Ebron is taken top 8.

My fear with Ebron is that it takes years for TEs to develop. He will be labeled a bust before he contributes in 2016.

McShay and Kiper were talking about Minnesota trying to get out of 8 depending on how the draft falls. They were saying some teams (ie St. Louis) may try to get to 8 to get Evans.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Correct me if im wrong, but with Ebron we are kinda killing 2 birds with one stone here. Hes BIG, ATHLETIC, i can see him being used as both a TE and WR for us! Kinda of the same mold as Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis.....

However, im ok with Evans as a WR, and we can grab a TE later in draft or resign Chandler, who i think is better then we think!

Correct me if im wrong, but with Ebron we are kinda killing 2 birds with one stone here. Hes BIG, ATHLETIC, i can see him being used as both a TE and WR for us! Kinda of the same mold as Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis.....

However, im ok with Evans as a WR, and we can grab a TE later in draft or resign Chandler, who i think is better then we think!

Ebron is a very good player...doesn't have the speed of a Graham/Davis type though. My opinion (which I think the Bills end up agreeing with) is that a TE taken in the top 10 needs to have better than 4.6 speed

I fear the scenario of Watkins, Mack, and Evans being gone and none of the QB's taken.

:lol:

I would not worry yourself too much on that one...The big question right now is Manziel...Bridgewater and Bortles will go top 8...You can pretty much take that to the bank...Bridgewater is a real safe pick for a QB needy team...And Bortles, while he's clearly not there yet, is thought of by some as a poor mans Andrew Luck...No way those two get out of the top 8...Manziel though? Who knows...I'm beginning to think it's possible for him to slide out...And if Manziel slides out, I think there is a good chance Evans slides in... B-)

McShay and Kiper were talking about Minnesota trying to get out of 8 depending on how the draft falls. They were saying some teams (ie St. Louis) may try to get to 8 to get Evans.

Did they say who Minnesota wanted?

Can you imagine if Minnesota passed on one of the QB's?...I can't see that happening...Maybe if all 3 QB's and Mack are gone they would look to trade down...But I don't think they'll want to bail out too far...The Vikings also have a big need at CB...#8 may be a bit high, but they can secure the top CB in the Draft there should they wish to...Interesting... B-)