You Vote, I'll Grab Him!

While I believe the Bills will address their top need, ILB, in Free Agency, if they don't they are left with a horrible alternative to Mosley: reach for Skov earlier than RD2. You can not be excited about Mosley at 9, but until Whaley gets the need addressed, you'll have to tell me your plan for ILB.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the guy most of you don't like. :D

I'm still awaiting Mayock's thoughts as get get closer to the draft, as he will post a mock and his thoughts on each player. I imagine that is as close as we will get to an actual scouting report.

While I believe the Bills will address their top need, ILB, in Free Agency, if they don't they are left with a horrible alternative to Mosley: reach for Skov earlier than RD2. You can not be excited about Mosley at 9, but until Whaley gets the need addressed, you'll have to tell me your plan for ILB.

I agree with the free agency for defense part simply because they were so successful last year with it.

Bill in NYC is a diehard bama fan and if he doesn't like Mosley at #9...

It appears that LB will be a priority in free agency. They only need a 2 down guy that can stuff the run. That is not something that I see at 9. Mack is the only LB possibility IMO based on the value. I expect them to sign someone (maybe Beason) and then a RT. The 9th pick will be a big target IMO. They just don't hit the market and the Bills have been saying that they want one for a while (a guy that's open when he's not). I would guess that Evans is the realistic target and if he's gone -Ebron.

I fully understand the need for ILB...I would LOVE to see the Bills land Jon Beason who I've always liked a lot (I lived in Charlotte for 20 yrs)...But I understand he's probably going to be a bit too expensive...

The thing is...I don't believe it's as much about the need at ILB as it is about the fact (at least I believe it's a fact) that the Bills first priority is to get EJ as much help on Offense as they possibly can...I believe, and more importantly I believe Marrone and Whaley believe, that Offensive help can be in the form of a TE, a WR, or an O-lineman...And lastly I think at those 3 positions Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Lewan, Evans, and Ebron will all be rated ahead of Mosely...I think the chances of all of those prospects being gone by #9 are zero-point-zero-zero...

So anyway...No question ILB is a need whether they address it in Free Agency or not...But I simply believe that the Bills brass is determined to strengthen the Offense at #9...And knowing this is a Draft that will have some really high rated Offensive talent available at #9 is just icing on the cake for them... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I fully understand the need for ILB...I would LOVE to see the Bills land Jon Beason who I've always liked a lot (I lived in Charlotte for 20 yrs)...But I understand he's probably going to be a bit too expensive...

The thing is...I don't believe it's as much about the need at ILB as it is about the fact (at least I believe it's a fact) that the Bills first priority is to get EJ as much help on Offense as they possibly can...I believe, and more importantly I believe Marrone and Whaley believe, that Offensive help can be in the form of a TE, a WR, or an O-lineman...And lastly I think at those 3 positions Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Lewan, Evans, and Ebron will all be rated ahead of Mosely...I think the chances of all of those prospects being gone by #9 are zero-point-zero-zero...

So anyway...No question ILB is a need whether they address it in Free Agency or not...But I simply believe that the Bills brass is determined to strengthen the Offense at #9...And knowing this is a Draft that will have some really high rated Offensive talent available at #9 is just icing on the cake for them... B-)

I like Skov and Borland (and even Bullough) for their value at their respective draft slots more than Mosley at 9. I would love to get a playmaker at 9, not a replacement for Byrd, RT, or OG or Mosley. Mike Evans answered all the questions except one, which he'll answer on his pro day, and that is if he can run a full route tree. I have compared Evans with the top fifteen WRs in this draft, and Evans has caught the highest number and percentage of > 20 yard passes. Watkins padded his stats with screens. Ebron to me would kill two birds with one stone, especially if we see Chandler signed elsewhere. He and Niklas have the skillset for what Hackett wants to do with his TEs. Watch Niklas make a climb in mock drafts. I think he'll catch AS-J and Amaro.

We have Ebron at #13 (up 2) on our Big Board and Evans at #18 (up 0). I'm setting a GRAB for Evans for this weekend's Mock Draft. We'll see how it comes out. Thanks to the 206 Bills fans who voted! --Astro

Edited by Astrobot

I like Skov and Borland (and even Bullough) for their value at their respective draft slots more than Mosley at 9. I would love to get a playmaker at 9, not a replacement for Byrd, RT, or OG or Mosley. Mike Evans answered all the questions except one, which he'll answer on his pro day, and that is if he can run a full route tree. I have compared Evans with the top fifteen WRs in this draft, and Evans has caught the highest number and percentage of > 20 yard passes. Watkins padded his stats with screens. Ebron to me would kill two birds with one stone, especially if we see Chandler signed elsewhere. He and Niklas have the skillset for what Hackett wants to do with his TEs. Watch Niklas make a climb in mock drafts. I think he'll catch AS-J and Amaro.

We have Ebron at #13 (up 2) on our Big Board and Evans at #18 (up 0). I'm setting a GRAB for Evans for this weekend's Mock Draft. We'll see how it comes out. Thanks to the 206 Bills fans who voted! --Astro

ebron and niklas are so different in style of player. niklas seems more like the fit but i personally would still rather have ASJ above niklas.

I guess the big question is...If both are available...Will the Bills go Evans or Ebron?...I know that fans will prefer Evans...Heck I think I prefer Evans...But I'm 100% happy with either to be honest...100%... :thumbsup:

Bullough is REAL intriguing...I don't think there's any way he slides to the 7th like some have projected...But if the Bills truly want to get a "downhill thumper" I think he fits that roll rather nicely...And even if you take him in the 5th he'll be dirt cheap...Before his suspension you would be hard pressed to find a kid with a better resume as a team leader than Bullough...I think the kid is a bit lost since the suspension and has not handled the situation well at all...He needs a team to take a chance on him and show him some love... B-)

I guess the big question is...If both are available...Will the Bills go Evans or Ebron?...I know that fans will prefer Evans...Heck I think I prefer Evans...But I'm 100% happy with either to be honest...100%... :thumbsup:

Bullough is REAL intriguing...I don't think there's any way he slides to the 7th like some have projected...But if the Bills truly want to get a "downhill thumper" I think he fits that roll rather nicely...And even if you take him in the 5th he'll be dirt cheap...Before his suspension you would be hard pressed to find a kid with a better resume as a team leader than Bullough...I think the kid is a bit lost since the suspension and has not handled the situation well at all...He needs a team to take a chance on him and show him some love... B-)

My take is if all the Bills draft choices boil down to Evans, Ebron, Mosley that they trade back to pick up extra picks, as this draft is so deep in tackles, WR's. They could still get their TE-RT-OG with the first three picks, and get top quality with all three. Mid to late first, and two #2's

They will get their ILB is FA wether it is Spikes, McClain on Jasper Brinkley (I hopeSpikes), I do believe they will try to trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder.

If they can't I think it will be Ebron or Evans. I am hoping Evans, and get a TE later (Nikalas, ASJ, or Fidorowicz).I just think Evans would round out our YOUNG receiving corps nicely, allow us to send Stevie packing next year!

My take is if all the Bills draft choices boil down to Evans, Ebron, Mosley that they trade back to pick up extra picks, as this draft is so deep in tackles, WR's. They could still get their TE-RT-OG with the first three picks, and get top quality with all three. Mid to late first, and two #2's

The trade down is the best option especially if the 3 QBs go in top 8. If the QBs go early then that means there will be a player that a team covets available at #9.

So Bills fans should be rooting for Bridewater, JF and Bortles to go early.

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

Mathews

Watkins

Donald

That is my Bills draft board in that order. I would draft highest rated at 9 if we couldn't trade down. And let the record state I am wary of Evans and Ebron at 9

Pete 3/8/2014

The trade down is the best option especially if the 3 QBs go in top 8. If the QBs go early then that means there will be a player that a team covets available at #9. So Bills fans should be rooting for Bridewater, JF and Bortles to go early.

Detroit will take FS or CB in RD1 at #10. Pittsburgh at #15 wants the same thing.

Buffalo trades down to #15 and gets the Steelers' #46, and Steelers take Clinton-Dix.

1 15 Buffalo Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

2 41 Buffalo Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

2 46 Buffalo Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St

3 73 Buffalo Brandon Coleman WRF Rutgers

4 105 Buffalo Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

5 137 Buffalo Billy Turner OT North Dakota St

6 169 Buffalo Tim Jackson DT43 North Carolina

7 201 Buffalo Marion Grice RBF Arizona State

This report was produced using DraftTek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.

Edited by Astrobot

Detroit will take FS or CB in RD1 at #10. Pittsburgh at #15 wants the same thing.

Buffalo trades down to #15 and gets the Steelers' #46, and Steelers take Clinton-Dix.

1 15 Buffalo Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

2 41 Buffalo Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

2 46 Buffalo Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St

3 73 Buffalo Brandon Coleman WRF Rutgers

4 105 Buffalo Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

5 137 Buffalo Billy Turner OT North Dakota St

6 169 Buffalo Tim Jackson DT43 North Carolina

7 201 Buffalo Marion Grice RBF Arizona State

This report was produced using DraftTek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.

Just curious Astro...What WR would have been available in the 2nd instead of taking Skov (would of course be assuming the Bills sign an ILB in Free Agency)? Matthews?

:lol:

I would not worry yourself too much on that one...The big question right now is Manziel...Bridgewater and Bortles will go top 8...You can pretty much take that to the bank...Bridgewater is a real safe pick for a QB needy team...And Bortles, while he's clearly not there yet, is thought of by some as a poor mans Andrew Luck...No way those two get out of the top 8...Manziel though? Who knows...I'm beginning to think it's possible for him to slide out...And if Manziel slides out, I think there is a good chance Evans slides in... B-)

Did they say who Minnesota wanted?

Can you imagine if Minnesota passed on one of the QB's?...I can't see that happening...Maybe if all 3 QB's and Mack are gone they would look to trade down...But I don't think they'll want to bail out too far...The Vikings also have a big need at CB...#8 may be a bit high, but they can secure the top CB in the Draft there should they wish to...Interesting... B-)

Problem with this year is that everyone wants to trade down because its a deep draft. Very few teams are looking to move up, if any at all.