You Vote, I'll Grab Him!

:lol:

I would not worry yourself too much on that one...The big question right now is Manziel...Bridgewater and Bortles will go top 8...You can pretty much take that to the bank...Bridgewater is a real safe pick for a QB needy team...And Bortles, while he's clearly not there yet, is thought of by some as a poor mans Andrew Luck...No way those two get out of the top 8...Manziel though? Who knows...I'm beginning to think it's possible for him to slide out...And if Manziel slides out, I think there is a good chance Evans slides in... B-)

Did they say who Minnesota wanted?

Can you imagine if Minnesota passed on one of the QB's?...I can't see that happening...Maybe if all 3 QB's and Mack are gone they would look to trade down...But I don't think they'll want to bail out too far...The Vikings also have a big need at CB...#8 may be a bit high, but they can secure the top CB in the Draft there should they wish to...Interesting... B-)

I understand your line of thinking--one thing last year's draft taught me is that player value tends to outweigh positional value (as well it should), vis-a-vis, QBs won't necessarily go in the top 10 just because they're QBs.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm starting to believe Evans won't be there at #9. It he interviews well knows his X and Os and people think he will work hard to better his craft he almost assuredly will be gone.

I fear the same. Bridgewater, Manziel, and Carr aren't exactly sure fire prospects that a GM wants to make "their guy" with a top ten pick.

Someone may roll the dice on Johnny but I can see the rest all falling and being taken in trade back or trade up moves later in the first.

Which then puts a team that needs an offensive weapon in a bind. Although I don't see a scenario where Ebron is taken top 8.

My fear with Ebron is that it takes years for TEs to develop. He will be labeled a bust before he contributes in 2016.

I disagree about Bridgewater...He may not have the ideal size but he's seen as a very safe pick at QB...He's a good kid, hard worker, he hit that rare 70% completion mark as a Jr, he comes from a pro system, and he was very effective vs the blitz in college...He's top 6 in just about everybody's big board...One of the QB needy teams will bite on him in the top 8... B-)

I understand your line of thinking--one thing last year's draft taught me is that player value tends to outweigh positional value (as well it should), vis-a-vis, QBs won't necessarily go in the top 10 just because they're QBs.

And to that point Manziel is the only QB that is a bit up and down on some boards...Certain scouts feel he is a definitive top 5 talent...Others have him way down in the 1st...I think scouts and teams are far less divided on Bortles and Bridgewater...They are seen as much safer prospects by most... B-)

Did they say who Minnesota wanted?

Can you imagine if Minnesota passed on one of the QB's?...I can't see that happening...Maybe if all 3 QB's and Mack are gone they would look to trade down...But I don't think they'll want to bail out too far...The Vikings also have a big need at CB...#8 may be a bit high, but they can secure the top CB in the Draft there should they wish to...Interesting... B-)

I don't remember. I think that it was more about them getting value. If the QBs and Mack are gone was the scenario I think.

I do not want the Bills to draft Mosely, Ebron, or Evans. Man- the 9th slot is a tease. The players I want-Mack, Watkins, Clowney, Mathews, Robinson- will all be gone. To me there is no difference between pick 9 and pick 20. I would like to trade back and target Aaron Donald and Su a-Filo. If we must select at 9, Donald or Llewan

Evans - 41 votes

Ebron - 30 votes

Lewan - 16 votes

Mosley - 8 votes

Dennard - 2 votes

Clinton-Dix - 1 vote

Other - 1 vote

I do not want the Bills to draft Mosely, Ebron, or Evans. Man- the 9th slot is a tease. The players I want-Mack, Watkins, Clowney, Mathews, Robinson- will all be gone. To me there is no difference between pick 9 and pick 20. I would like to trade back and target Aaron Donald and Su a-Filo. If we must select at 9, Donald or Llewan

I agree. Like I said in another thread it is easy to see a shake up in the top 9 that a team trades out or drafts a wildcard and one of the top players slips down to us.

If 2 QB's go by the 7th pick I could see someone trying to get 7 or 8 to get the third letting ??? fall to us. If Clowney is gone I could see Atlanta answering calls to trade back.

Edited by jboyst62

The 9th pick will be in demand because the top 10 picks can be signed for 5 rather than 4 years.

Can someone sell me on Mosley?? I see Draftek has us picking Mosley in their Mock. Can't we sign a free agent ILB that can play as well as or better than a rookie or is Mosley a "special" player you want at pick #9. Is he "BPA" at pick #9?

The knocks on Evans are mostly imaginary. If he is there at #9 it's a no brainer.

The thing about Evans is that there have been very few past or present NFL WRs to compare him to. The only ones I hear are Vincent Jackson and David Boston. That gives me some pause that he might be a tweener (WR in TE body) in the NFL and possibly never becomes the great WR that everyone imagines him being. I know it's logical that his college game should translate to the NFL, but seeing how there have been very few WRs that've ever had his TE body type, it's a concern to me.

I go back and forth on Evans and Ebron. As of this moment, I voted for Ebron because I think he's just as gifted as Evans, he seems more athletic on the field, his body type fits the position he plays, and he sounds very confident. Yup, he's a touch slower than Evans, but he's a TE so that really doesn't matter as much.

There's a very good chance that the Bills will end up deciding between Evans or Ebron. IMO, that's a tough decision because I see a little bit of bust potential with Evans that I don't see with Ebron.

Edited by 1billsfan

Can someone sell me on Mosley?? I see Draftek has us picking Mosley in their Mock. Can't we sign a free agent ILB that can play as well as or better than a rookie or is Mosley a "special" player you want at pick #9. Is he "BPA" at pick #9?

Well...I noticed the same thing myself...

Mosely is a good ILB prospect...No doubt about it...But all due respect to Draftek (I have no idea what formula they are using), Mosely is not going to the Bills at #9 unless some REAL crazy stuff happens in the top 8...

As far as BPA goes...If you take the QB's out of the equation (Whaley all but admitted the other day the Bills will not be looking at a QB in the 1st round) the BPA list would probably go something like Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Mack, Lewan, Barr, Evans, and Ebron ahead of Mosley ...Then Mosely would be in that next tier group that would include Dennard, Martin, Donald, and Gilbert... So I really don't see how it would be possible for Mosley to truly be BPA at #9...Especially if those 3 QB's go in the top 8... B-)

The comments I put in the DraftTek mock were that

Sources close to GM Doug Whaley have tweeted that ILB is his biggest concern entering Free Agency. The Bills absolutely need to find someone to play next to Kiko Alonso, either as SILB or WILB. Arthur Moats, who was the understudy ILB last year, is a free agent, but there are still 28 free-agent ILBs to look at: Jameel McClain just paid us a visit. Others might be Akeem Jordan, Dansby, Spikes, and Wesley Woodyard. New LB Coach Fred Pagac will find that Kiko Alonso is not loquacious, and DraftTek's Top ILB C.J. Mosley won't be interrupting. Both just let their play do the talking for them (

). Psst...if you've read this far, you're a true Bills fan. I've put up a "Grab This Guy" Poll here for you to vote on a player to take at #9 for our next DRAFTSIM. Just don't give the link to them Raiders, Falcons, or Bucs people.

I think the Bills will take care of SILB before the draft. I don't think they trust Mosley's medical concerns, and don't think Skov makes it to them in RD2.

and I am a BPA draft guy. At 9 I am convinced Aaron Donald is that man ".

Lombardi, Nagurski, Bednarik, Outland, unanimous All-American. Those are the awards Donald took home after his remarkable 2013 season which saw him be the first defensive tackle to ever lead the NCAA in tackles for loss."

DT is not a strong need for us, but Donald is that BPA IMO. He was dominant all week at senior bowl practice. And you can never have too many passrushers. Mario. Hughes, Donald, Dareus, Kyle- wow! And I would also consider drafting Dee Ford in the second. Attack defense would be in contention for best D in the NFL

Well...I noticed the same thing myself...

Mosely is a good ILB prospect...No doubt about it...But all due respect to Draftek (I have no idea what formula they are using), Mosely is not going to the Bills at #9 unless some REAL crazy stuff happens in the top 8...

As far as BPA goes...If you take the QB's out of the equation (Whaley all but admitted the other day the Bills will not be looking at a QB in the 1st round) the BPA list would probably go something like Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Mack, Lewan, Barr, Evans, and Ebron ahead of Mosley ...Then Mosely would be in that next tier group that would include Dennard, Martin, Donald, and Gilbert... So I really don't see how it would be possible for Mosley to truly be BPA at #9...Especially if those 3 QB's go in the top 8... B-)

I work at DraftTek, and the formula that is used relies heavily on team needs here and a Big Board here. The computer then does the drafting, not reaching for a player if a similarly-prioritized position is available.

I agree with you that, if the Bills address ILB in free agency, they won't take a chance on Mosley. But Mosley is rated the highest, and is the least reach, at a position of top priority. That''s how we got him in this sim.

and I am a BPA draft guy. At 9 I am convinced Aaron Donald is that man ".

Lombardi, Nagurski, Bednarik, Outland, unanimous All-American. Those are the awards Donald took home after his remarkable 2013 season which saw him be the first defensive tackle to ever lead the NCAA in tackles for loss."

DT is not a strong need for us, but Donald is that BPA IMO. He was dominant all week at senior bowl practice. And you can never have too many passrushers. Mario. Hughes, Donald, Dareus, Kyle- wow! And I would also consider drafting Dee Ford in the second. Attack defense would be in contention for best D in the NFL

I think Evans and Ebron have graded out higher than Donald from all of the draft sights I've been looking at. Not that they're necessarily right, but the consensus of opinion is there that Donald wouldn't be BPA at #9.

A big target for EJ is also a huge need as opposed to the DL. It would be nice to have the luxury of picking a very talented DL prospect, but I don't think they're going to do that.

I work at DraftTek, and the formula that is used relies heavily on team needs here and a Big Board here. The computer then does the drafting, not reaching for a player if a similarly-prioritized position is available.

I agree with you that, if the Bills address ILB in free agency, they won't take a chance on Mosley. But Mosley is rated the highest, and is the least reach, at a position of top priority. That''s how we got him in this sim.

Oh I know Astro...And I appreciate your contributions here Bro...I really do...

But I've got my own formula...And mine says the Bills won't go ILB at #9... ;)

I think Evans and Ebron have graded out higher than Donald from all of the draft sights I've been looking at. Not that they're necessarily right, but the consensus of opinion is there that Donald wouldn't be BPA at #9.

A big target for EJ is also a huge need as opposed to the DL. It would be nice to have the luxury of picking a very talented DL prospect, but I don't think they're going to do that.

He's a very good prospect, but the Bills really must find their 1st rd QB pick of 2013 EJ Manuel a target and both Evans and Ebron have just as impressive highlight videos as Donald.

I'll admit that grades are close enough with regards to all three players, so it's not as if they'd be reaching that much for Donald. I'll also admit that there's more than one way to attack this 2014 draft. I'm still not completely sold on who they should pick or which position it should be either. I'm just leaning towards getting Manuel a target like Evans or Ebron so that this hopeful franchise QB's training wheels can come off and he can start slinging it around with comfort.

Oh I know Astro...And I appreciate your contributions here Bro...I really do...

But I've got my own formula...And mine says the Bills won't go ILB at #9... ;)

me too Astro. I like Draftek and all your work. Very insightful. I was just not too excited about Mosley at 9.