You Vote, I'll Grab Him!

Detroit will take FS or CB in RD1 at #10. Pittsburgh at #15 wants the same thing.

Buffalo trades down to #15 and gets the Steelers' #46, and Steelers take Clinton-Dix.

1 15 Buffalo Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

2 41 Buffalo Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

2 46 Buffalo Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St

3 73 Buffalo Brandon Coleman WRF Rutgers

4 105 Buffalo Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

5 137 Buffalo Billy Turner OT North Dakota St

6 169 Buffalo Tim Jackson DT43 North Carolina

7 201 Buffalo Marion Grice RBF Arizona State

This report was produced using DraftTek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.

I think a lot of people would like that draft. Is 46 enough to move back 6 spots?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if im wrong, but with Ebron we are kinda killing 2 birds with one stone here. Hes BIG, ATHLETIC, i can see him being used as both a TE and WR for us! Kinda of the same mold as Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis.....

However, im ok with Evans as a WR, and we can grab a TE later in draft or resign Chandler, who i think is better then we think!

The knock I've read and heard on Ebron is he doesn't make the catches in traffic. That is not the case with Evans.

Just curious Astro...What WR would have been available in the 2nd instead of taking Skov (would of course be assuming the Bills sign an ILB in Free Agency)? Matthews?

None within Reach parameters set by the computer. Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews off the board. Allen Robinson goes off next at #66, 25 picks later.

The knock I've read and heard on Ebron is he doesn't make the catches in traffic. That is not the case with Evans.

Read this:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/28/5022114/eric-ebron-2014-nfl-draft-jaguars

I think a lot of people would like that draft. Is 46 enough to move back 6 spots?

It's 300, and PGH's pick 46 is 225. Bills' picks highlighted

Depends on how badly PGH wants the best S in the draft.

It's 300, and PGH's pick 46 is 225. Bills' picks highlighted

Depends on how badly PGH wants the best S in the draft.

I'm pretty sure that Pittsburgh is going to really want to trade back for extra picks. They look like a team that has lost a whole lot of talent due to age and free agency in recent years and I see no way they trade up and give up a 2nd rd pick.

I'd look at Rams, Browns and Niners since they have extra picks. Of course there's always the team that falls in love with a specific player and who's willing to lose a pick. Chances are the Bills will get offers for their #9 pick, but it had better be a good one if it means they lose out on Evans or Ebron. In the end, I don't think the Bills will want to risk it because it is crucial for Manuel to get a serious receiving threat and IMO it's one of those two guys. The consolation prize in a trade back would probably be Benjamin who is a boom/bust type and who actually could eventually be the best WR that comes out of this draft. I'd be ok with Benjamin and extra picks.

Edited by 1billsfan

Thats why I am wary of Ebron and Evans. The Bills need someone that can work the middle and make the tough catchs. We have plenty of speed guys to line up outside already. I also wish Ebron was a better blocker. That is why I prefer Niklas over Ebron, and Marquise Lee over Davis

Thats why I am wary of Ebron and Evans. The Bills need someone that can work the middle and make the tough catchs. We have plenty of speed guys to line up outside already. I also wish Ebron was a better blocker. That is why I prefer Niklas over Ebron, and Marquise Lee over Davis

I am an ND homer my friend and love the thought of Niklas being the Bills selection in the 2nd Round. I hope he makes it that far. He has better speed than they give him credit for and he is a mammoth TE. He can block as well as catch the football. He's not going to "wow" people with his open field shiftiness, but he moves well enough and can flat out run over people if he wants to. Astro put up a decent article about Ebron and his catching in traffic improvement, but I am still wary of him because I remember hearing it from announcers calling games and reading it in a couple of articles this past year. No one catches everything that hits their hands, well, except for Jerry Rice. Bottom line is it is all about what the team feels is good value at the slot we are selecting. Ebron would not be it for me. I would take Evans or the best OL player on the board knowing that we still have Moeaki and could possibly land Niklas in the 2nd.

Ebron is a willing blocker and a great athlete...So any problems he has in the area of blocking are easily coach-able...He does get a little high and extends at times...But it's technique stuff...He could prove to be a very effective blocker in the NFL...Though he won't be asked to do a ton of it...I don't think it's going to be an issue for him at all...It's the old Shannon Sharpe thing...Folks just believed he was a poor blocker...Then you look at all the awesome running games he blocked in and that theory loses steam...Anyone as athletic and strong as Ebron can be taught to be an effective blocker...The thing about Ebron is...He wants to be the best and he's not afraid to tell anyone who will listen...He's a driven kid...A little cocky even...But driven...I think even though he won't be asked to do a ton of blocking, he won't hurt you bad in that area either once he learns what he's doing...

My preference is Evans or Ebron in the first...My theory is simple...No question they have to round off their games, but prospects like those two are rare...real rare combinations of size, speed, and production...And when one does come around and work out they are huge difference makers in the NFL...They are both potential match-up nightmares for Defenses...Look at what AJ Green has meant to the Bengals with an average QB...Look at Vernon Davis in San Fran...They wreak havoc on Defenses...The Bills simply have nothing like that...Nothing...

I should also point out I would be OK with one of the top 3 OT's at #9, and Mack as well...Though I admittedly would prefer to stay on the Offensive side in the first couple rounds... B-)

Ebron is a willing blocker and a great athlete...So any problems he has in the area of blocking are easily coach-able...He does get a little high and extends at times...But it's technique stuff...He could prove to be a very effective blocker in the NFL...Though he won't be asked to do a ton of it...I don't think it's going to be an issue for him at all...It's the old Shannon Sharpe thing...Folks just believed he was a poor blocker...Then you look at all the awesome running games he blocked in and that theory loses steam...Anyone as athletic and strong as Ebron can be taught to be an effective blocker...The thing about Ebron is...He wants to be the best and he's not afraid to tell anyone who will listen...He's a driven kid...A little cocky even...But driven...I think even though he won't be asked to do a ton of blocking, he won't hurt you bad in that area either once he learns what he's doing...

My preference is Evans or Ebron in the first...My theory is simple...No question they have to round off their games, but prospects like those two are rare...real rare combinations of size, speed, and production...And when one does come around and work out they are huge difference makers in the NFL...They are both potential match-up nightmares for Defenses...Look at what AJ Green has meant to the Bengals with an average QB...Look at Vernon Davis in San Fran...They wreak havoc on Defenses...The Bills simply have nothing like that...Nothing...

I should also point out I would be OK with one of the top 3 OT's at #9, and Mack as well...Though I admittedly would prefer to stay on the Offensive side in the first couple rounds... B-)

Excellent analysis of Eric Ebron. Over this past week I've found myself leaning more and more towards wanting the Bills to take Ebron over Evans. I think I'm all but officially locked in. I don't care if he's considered a 5 spot or more reach by all of the draft blogs, I see him as a top 10 talent in this draft.

IMO this kid is going to be a legit difference-maker and star in the NFL. I don't see that happening with Mike Evans. I do think Evans will be a solid starter, but I don't see the true game in game out threat that I think Ebron will become. Also, I think Evans can be easily thrown off his game mentally especially by NFL CBs. I didn't like that temper tantrum he threw. He looked like a cry baby. I think if Ebron got angry, he would just come back harder.

There's a great story on Ebron just published recently on bleacher report. Since it's not allowed to be linked here, those interested can google Ebron's name and then hit "news". The title of the story is "Eric Ebron Hopes to Be More Than Just an Ordinary NFL Tight End". He sounds like a winner to me.

Edited by 1billsfan

I am an ND homer my friend and love the thought of Niklas being the Bills selection in the 2nd Round.

I think the only TE choice is Ebron in RD1 or Niklas in RD2. If those don't happen, they're sticking with Gragg-Moeaki-Smith. Murphy keeps saying TE isn't part of the Bills' offensive plan. Hello?